oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
olliepop2000 said:
oggzee
is it possible to check a HDD's S.M.A.R.T. status it would be nasty to loose a load of games without warning.
Everything is possible.
But I'm not aware of any simple way to do that on the Wii, so no it is not gonna be added to the loader.
Plug the disk to the PC and check it there.

Teivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the thumbdrive for a reason. I'll try to do more accurate benchmarking all the same.

It probably isnt a huge issue, I havent tried it on a HDD yet because I've been busy, but I figure if it can be tracked down and improved at all, for the sake of improvement, it couldnt be a bad thing. I'll get back with whatever I find, gonna test different ios loads now.

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't sync my wiiremotes!!!

Any way to come back to go to Wii Channel?

Pre-loader just stuck me at the CF USB loader... WITHOUT WIIREMOTES SYNC'ed

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Puro Osso said:

I think you need to hold the reset button at startup to disable autoboot with Preloader.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
Where is the source code for the ehcmodule_fat? Since it is based on hermes 3.1 source code which is gpl.
I think we went through that before. As I said I don't care about GPL, so sue me. You can take that same argument to waninkoko for not releasing his cios, it's also filled with GPLd code. Now what?
Yes, we certainly did.
wink.gif

And I don't think I ever told you how much I respected your honest, straightforward answers to that whole can of worms, regardless of my opinions on the matter. So consider yourself told.
smile.gif

Thanks for everything.

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Oggzee,

Can I request one more small change to the wbfs_file application.

Could you make it so the make_info command creates the text file in the directory of the file given in the command rather than creating it in the current directory that wbfs_file resides?

Currently if I give the command wbfs_file c:\wbfs00000.wbfs make_info
and the wbfs_file program is in e:\tools it will create the info file in e:\tools instead of c:\wbfs

Thanks
Ed

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:

I think you need to hold the reset button at startup to disable autoboot with Preloader.

can't, there is no remote synchronized;

There is no way to sync WiiRemotes in the Configurable USB Loader?

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an update to my fat32 file manager

It has been named Simple WBFS File Manager
Current version is 1.1.0.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRHJ964N
Updated to 2.0.0.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XFU9H246
Updated to 2.1.0.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BEZP0HCD
Updated to 2.2.0.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBK06WQ2

Included is the windows binary for wbfs_file (both programs must reside in the same directory)
I was going to code directly, but Oggzee has made a nice command line utility, why reinvent the wheel

Will list all games in any given directory (No direct WBFS support yet, fat32, ntfs etc only atm)
Will list games in red that are missing the associated .txt file
Removed .txt file from files view so it now correctly shows only .wbfs, .wbf1 etc...

Added support for wbfs-iso/iso-wbfs conversion and make_info (all are done via wbfs_file 1.3)
Added some error checking routines to catch silly things, such as selecting an empty CD Drive

I will continue to add things I think of that are useful to me, if anyone has any requests, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Puro Osso said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:

Only the console itself has a reset button...

However, I suppose that would just get you back to Preloader and your remotes still wouldn't sync as it's still homebrew. I guess the hardware sync feature should still work. Push the sync in the remotes' battery cavity and then push the sync button behind the SD card slot on the Wii. The full procedure is in the manual of the Wii.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
AllWiidUp said:
Where is the source code for the ehcmodule_fat? Since it is based on hermes 3.1 source code which is gpl.
I think we went through that before. As I said I don't care about GPL, so sue me. You can take that same argument to waninkoko for not releasing his cios, it's also filled with GPLd code. Now what?
And if Waninkoko jumps from a bridge you do so, too? I hope so
tongue.gif

What GPL'd code did he use exactly? I hope you are not talking about libwbs because quirk (or whatever his name was) supposely gave him the source without license.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(sorry for my english)
First, thanks ALOT for this GREAT release... I don't know anything in programing, so what you've done impress me!

I just don't want to read all the 330 pages, I just have a question about the new FAT32 partition.

What I can do if I have 40 games into the HDD plug into my Wii? Does I need to transfert into my PC, convert and transfert back, or it will transfert directly into the hard drive?

Thanks alot (and explain me the procedure)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mousex said:
And if Waninkoko jumps from a bridge you do so, too? I hope so
tongue.gif

Whatever dude, go break a leg or something.

QUOTE(mousex @ Nov 8 2009, 01:13 PM) What GPL'd code did he use exactly? I hope you are not talking about libwbs because quirk (or whatever his name was) supposely gave him the source without license.
EHCI, the USB2 driver is from the linux kernel. Besides his not releasing the source is not my reason for not doing so. I'm just wondering why everyone likes to bug only me about GPL? For example WiiFlow too has been in closed source development for months and was only released when hibern had it enough. Also, as I said, I will release the source at one point but not because someone threatens me with the GPL but when I decide so.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Rambytes said:
(sorry for my english)
First, thanks ALOT for this GREAT release... I don't know anything in programing, so what you've done impress me!

I just don't want to read all the 330 pages, I just have a question about the new FAT32 partition.

What I can do if I have 40 games into the HDD plug into my Wii? Does I need to transfert into my PC, convert and transfert back, or it will transfert directly into the hard drive?

Thanks alot (and explain me the procedure)
It's all explained here:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer

BONG4002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to say that this is an outstanding program! I have been using it for a while now and it works perfect
smile.gif

Also tested FAT32 modus but that was a bit slower compared to WBFS system, maybe because of the USB 2.0 support build in Wanin's 249? I noticed that Hermes 222-223 is a bit slower compared to 249, or am i missing something?
smile.gif

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a problem that I had with v45 and also now with v46.

I've noticed it when I'm streaming a video through mplayer my Western Digital passport Hard drive goes to sleep after 10 minutes. If I exit mplayer then try to go to config loader it just stays on the flash screen and I have to reset from the box. It seems like the hard drive being asleep causes it to hang

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Puro Osso said:

Only the console itself has a reset button...

However, I suppose that would just get you back to Preloader and your remotes still wouldn't sync as it's still homebrew. I guess the hardware sync feature should still work. Push the sync in the remotes' battery cavity and then push the sync button behind the SD card slot on the Wii. The full procedure is in the manual of the Wii.

I know how sync controler;

I tried this, in the preloader main screen there is no sync feature, if i let my wii starts normally it goes to Configurable USB loader where i can't syc too;

I tried many times to configure the Loader to just reset and go to the Wii Menu, if i manage to do that it will be all solved;

Thanks for help and sorry the poor english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol