Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
boto12 said:
no one will make a full channel for 42c?
cry.gif
zektor is waiting until the USB forwarding code is done. Why do so many people want full channels anyway? It'd probably be a lot less work to copy your games off your drive, put a FAT partition on there and copy the games back, then just use Narolez' forwarder.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thank you SO much oggzee and dr.clipper, the problem is likely that the files were on the second fat32 partition, but they are all primary partitions made with the windows disk manager... however, it didnt work when i tried to load the covers/dol from sd... so it might be another problem. its not that im using the wrong channel because i AM using narolez' channel.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
baffle-boy said:
ok thank you SO much oggzee and dr.clipper, the problem is likely that the files were on the second fat32 partition, but they are all primary partitions made with the windows disk manager... however, it didnt work when i tried to load the covers/dol from sd... so it might be another problem. its not that im using the wrong channel because i AM using narolez' channel.
So it's working now? If not, did you try what I suggested? The reason is that it won't use the USB-Loader/covers directory unless there is a config.txt in the USB-Loader directory (it would use apps/USBLoader/covers instead). Copying the contents of the InSDRoot directory across will give you the proper directory structure for the default path.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a 222 special version of v42c

Additionally when I make changes to my config file and save them to the usb-loader folder on the USB drive, the change is saved, but does not seem to take effect.

For example I set home=reboot, but it still goes to the the menu where I need to choose Wii Menu or Reset?

Thanks;

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

check the first post.

strange when i hit home the loader goes straight to where it was loader from without "Wii Menu Or Reset", i dont think CFG has ever had a home menu.....

try this in your config.txt

home = exit

p.s
make sure your config.txt is in the base directory of CFG and not apps/usbloder_cfg, it may be clashing

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
strange when i hit home the loader goes straight to where it was loader from without "Wii Menu Or Reset", i dont think CFG has ever had a home menu.....

try this in your config.txt

home = exit

I had home = exit originally and it still went to the choice of Wii Menu or reset.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure your config.txt is in the base directory of CFG and not apps/usbloder_cfg, it may be clashing

to check base load CFG and press 1 twice for global setting, the screen where you can choose your themes if i missed a 1 lol

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:

The 222 special versions are only released with finals. You can set IOS = 222-mload in your config.txt to tide you over until the next final release of a dedicated 222 version.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:

Additionally when I make changes to my config file and save them to the usb-loader folder on the USB drive, the change is saved, but does not seem to take effect.

For example I set home=reboot, but it still goes to the the menu where I need to choose Wii Menu or Reset?

Thanks;
pepxl is probably right about config clashes. Check the global options page (on v42b(beta) or later) by pushing 1 twice. It will tell you the base directory, and possibly an alternate config directory. The config directory is where you need to change the config.txt. Alternatively, you can delete the config.txt in that config directory and change the one in the base directory.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:

to check base load CFG and press 1 twice for global setting, the screen where you can choose your themes if i missed a 1 lol

My base directory is usb>usb-loader and that is where my config.txt file is and even thought I have home = reboot in the file it is still taking me back to the screen that gives me the choice of Wii Menu or Reset.

I don't have a config file anywhere else except there.

Carpediem2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
I don't want to steal ideas from hiberns great loader (
tongue.gif
), but it would be nice, to hear the banner sound of a game if you klick it.
that's the sound, you hear if you click the disc channel while a game is insert.
That is a nice touch indeed. Who knows, maybe i'll add that.
Although, does it still make sense to keep on improving cfg now that wiiflow 1.0 is released?
smile.gif

I to hope that you are just kidding. Yours is the ONLY one I have ever used mainly cause it was talked highly of and I have come to be one of the ones that talk highly of it. I will use yours till the time ends, then I will be forever sadden when you decide ( if ever ) to stop. You are a great importance to the scene as well as all the others that help with this and any other hacks / loader. Without you guys I would have VERY sad kids and only 4 games.

Keep up the great work that you do.

Ps Not to sure if we are allowed to ask this, but eh.. Do you have a donation page??

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I just found out something awesome. The video_patch option is getting some of my PAL games that don't typically use 480p when you boot them normally via the disc to play in 480p. Both Mario Party 8 and Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 work using this technique. I just set "video=ntsc" and "video_patch=all" on them. I didn't think this was possible for games that it wasn't coded into, but it is. I don't know if this is a PAL only thing, though. Can somebody with the NTSC versions of these games or an NTSC console try to get these games working in 480p?

Edit: Other games which work in 480p with the fix: Kororinpa, Spider-man 3 and The Simpsons Game. All PAL. Spider-Man 3 has obvious problems trying to run in 480p, cropping some of the menus, but it's playable (It obviously expects 576 lines). The others seem normal.

Sacohen9665 said:
My base directory is usb>usb-loader and that is where my config.txt file is and even thought I have home = reboot in the file it is still taking me back to the screen that gives me the choice of Wii Menu or Reset.

I just realised your problem. The home option only applies while you are still in the loader. It will not affect what happens when you push home within games

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carpediem2009 said:
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
I don't want to steal ideas from hiberns great loader (
tongue.gif
), but it would be nice, to hear the banner sound of a game if you klick it.
that's the sound, you hear if you click the disc channel while a game is insert.
That is a nice touch indeed. Who knows, maybe i'll add that.
Although, does it still make sense to keep on improving cfg now that wiiflow 1.0 is released?
smile.gif

I to hope that you are just kidding. Yours is the ONLY one I have ever used mainly cause it was talked highly of and I have come to be one of the ones that talk highly of it. I will use yours till the time ends, then I will be forever sadden when you decide ( if ever ) to stop. You are a great importance to the scene as well as all the others that help with this and any other hacks / loader. Without you guys I would have VERY sad kids and only 4 games.

Keep up the great work that you do.

Ps Not to sure if we are allowed to ask this, but eh.. Do you have a donation page??

Sure he's kidding
smile.gif
oggzee is the *man*! I do test and use multiple loaders, but I personally hold this one close to my heart. It may not appeal to everybody (although the voting is getting to the point in which it may beat out GX soon), but for someone looking for a very stable, very advanced loader with some serious configuration options, you can't get any better than this loader...period.

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure why would anyone not pick this loader as number one after using it.
I like to spend time playing my games, than staring at pretty game selection screen.
Anyways, keep up the good work!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just wanted to quick say that this Loader is still the best for me. Shure, WiiFlow is realy nice done, without a doubt. But it's a bit too much for me, and even if I would like it, I don't like the avaiable Themes (Sorry at the creators...simply not my Style). CFG-Loader is still number one for me, it has a "List-Function", has some nice themes and probably will better be updated than WiiFlow, if there are new patches, etc. (I think atleast...Hibern sounded like that
unsure.gif
). Please, keep it going, that is still the best loader in my opinion
grog.gif
(And yes, I knew that oggzee was probably joking).

Oh yes, and I support to play the Banner sound when you select a game. That feature is and would be realy nice
smile.gif
!

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:

I just realised your problem. The home option only applies while you are still in the loader. It will not affect what happens when you push home within games

If that is the case (and I'm not doubting you Dr. Clipper) what was Spidy 1000 mean when he responded to my post of How can I exit a game back to the loader GUI by saying

QUOTE(Spidy1000 @ Sep 8 2009, 08:26 AM)
install the loader dol in preloader en set preloader to load the file.

If you search the forum, you will find multiple topics about this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo