Hacking Configurable USB Loader

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
I have a question about the forwarder from Noralez, How do You change the destinations paths on the forwarder?
Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
rem300wm said:
Hello to all
I have a question about the forwarder from Noralez, How do You change the destinations paths on the forwarder?
Thanks
I don't think you can. You can use any of:
1. sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
2. sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
3. usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
4. usb:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
as that is the order it uses to search for boot.dol.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
I refer to the situation when mload V2 is upgraded to V3.
That wasn't additional code being used in the loader, the v2 to v3 transition caused problems as it needed a different way of interface to the IOS. You have not provided proof that there is any of this code in the v3 to v4 transition (all the changes could be in the IOS itself and not the Loader). The v1 to v2 transition went through without any additional code needing to be added to Cfg. Perhaps this one is the same.

Maybe it's a super-duper special secret code I am missing
smile.gif
No, it works just as expected with the new ehcmodule in place. Although I do agree that the new module should be incorporated into CFG if only to be a little bit "cleaner"
smile.gif

On a side note, I really applaud Hermes for the excellent work. His cIOS is solid, and even more so with v4. I also hope to continue to see the default 222 version of CFG released alongside the standard release. It's just really nice to have
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cerozero said:
I get code dumps when I go into coverflow view on the newest version of the loader. What am I doing wrong?

BEST thing to do is to post the code dumps *exactly* so they can be analyzed and corrected.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, thanks for the excellent guide Dr. Clipper! I've already modded my 3.3v2 Wii but I'm getting ready to do a 4.0 for a friend and it's been very helpful.

Next, I was just wondering if the loader continuously loops the music file if only one is used and if there were any limitations regarding the mp3 file such as size or bitrate?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Cerozero said:
I get code dumps when I go into coverflow view on the newest version of the loader. What am I doing wrong?

BEST thing to do is to post the code dumps *exactly* so they can be analyzed and corrected.
Yeah, that will help oggzee and usptactical sort it out. You don't need to copy the whole thing, just the "Stack Dump" section.

Also, just for the record, try renaming your full cover folder temporarily to see if it's a corrupted image.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
rem300wm said:
Hello to all
Thanks
You have to compile your own version from the source code, changing the 4 destination paths sets by Narolez. If you don't know how to do this, tell me the destinations paths and i'll compile it for you.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
That wasn't additional code being used in the loader, the v2 to v3 transition caused problems as it needed a different way of interface to the IOS. You have not provided proof that there is any of this code in the v3 to v4 transition (all the changes could be in the IOS itself and not the Loader). The v1 to v2 transition went through without any additional code needing to be added to Cfg. Perhaps this one is the same.
smile.gif
No, it works just as expected with the new ehcmodule in place. Although I do agree that the new module should be incorporated into CFG if only to be a little bit "cleaner"
smile.gif
Come on dudes, stop arguing over this one, lol
biggrin.gif
Until the code is actually reviewed no-one can't say for sure what has changed. I have just unpacked and made a quick check... besides the ehcimodule, also the dip_plugin module is changed, which can't be replaced with an external file. So there are some other changes, but not sure what the difference is.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
Come on dudes, stop arguing over this one, lol
biggrin.gif
Until the code is actually reviewed no-one can't say for sure what has changed. I have just unpacked and made a quick check... besides the ehcimodule, also the dip_plugin module is changed, which can't be replaced with an external file. So there are some other changes, but not sure what the difference is.

The "dip_plugin module". I should have mentioned this term.

Really looking forward to your update. Thanks a LOT oggzee !!

redbull2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks so much for useful info

simulation taux credit immobilier de France calcul pret courtier outil de simulation crédit immobilier dont les plus utiles sont : le calcul simulation taux credit immobilier de France calcul pret courtier

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
kzch said:
The USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.wad dated July-8-2009 is showing up as a "?" icon in the Wii options->Data Management>Channels screen. It cannot be moved/copied/deleted from this screen. The only way to delete it is from the wad manager with the original wad install file.

Could someone confirm that this is a bug or if I did something wrong?

My system is 4.1U.

Hi All, I am having this issue as well on my 4.1U system about the forwarder showing up as "?". Is this a bug?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
john1010_ma said:
Hi All, I am having this issue as well on my 4.1U system about the forwarder showing up as "?". Is this a bug?
Kinda, a very minor one.
Narolez: can this be fixed?
I think because of that the chanel management doesn't allow it to be removed.
It can be removed with the wad manager though.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
First, thanks for the excellent guide Dr. Clipper! I've already modded my 3.3v2 Wii but I'm getting ready to do a 4.0 for a friend and it's been very helpful.

Next, I was just wondering if the loader continuously loops the music file if only one is used and if there were any limitations regarding the mp3 file such as size or bitrate?

Yes, it should loop the music file no matter how many mp3s you have. I'm not really sure about any size or bitrate limitations, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
john1010_ma said:
Kinda, a very minor one.
Narolez: can this be fixed?
I think because of that the chanel management doesn't allow it to be removed.
It can be removed with the wad manager though.
This is not a bug, it's a feature ...
biggrin.gif

I'll fix it in next release.

Today I am working on Zektor's hybrid channel and implement the USB forwarding function.
At the moment I still have problems with the USB retry when the drive is not ready on Preloader startup.

Lately I've been working on another project, so I have not had time to implement this.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@oggzee:
I want to see an improvement in the parental control.

Depending on the game you should be able to choose the appropriate age (0, 6, 12, 16, 18 years).
What games are to be displayed would be possible to select via a global age setting.

This is more flexible than the hide function.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
@oggzee:
I want to see an improvement in the parental control.

Depending on the game you should be able to choose the appropriate age (0, 6, 12, 16, 18 years).
What games are to be displayed would be possible to select via a global age setting.

This is more flexible than the hide function.

Yes, game ratings are in the WiiTDB data. We just need to find the time to implement it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Is WiiTDB really necessary for age ratings? Is it possible to use the Wii's existing parental control functions for the lockouts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you