Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I have video_patch=all, will it affect all of my games? I have my Wii at 3.2U and I do have some PAL games as well, so what should my video_patch= be then? 0? 1? or all? thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
if I have video_patch=all, will it affect all of my games? I have my Wii at 3.2U and I do have some PAL games as well, so what should my video_patch= be then? 0? 1? or all? thanks

Leave it as default and set it in the in-game options just for MPT.

blackflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you choose the undividual .dol in configurable USB Loader? I did it the other day but I forgot how. I switch alt .dol loading to disk but then I can't figure out where to choose the individual .dol from the disk..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
blackflag said:
How do you choose the undividual .dol in configurable USB Loader? I did it the other day but I forgot how. I switch alt .dol loading to disk but then I can't figure out where to choose the individual .dol from the disk..
Start the game and it asks you.
I will probably move this directly into the menu though.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
oggzee said:
And a special version the uses ios 222-mload by default:
http://sharebee.com/49fd8edd
(SDUSB-Loader_cfg40-222.dol)
This is similar to adding ios=222-mload to config.txt, but doesn't load 249 first.
Not sure yet if it has some real benefit... but has been requested by zektor so here it is.

I want to thank you for this oggzee. I can now create dedicated cIOS249 and cIOS222 channels. I'll be creating a new package shortly.

EDIT:

Ok, new channel package. This time I went back and used Narolez's blue/orange channel designs (and gave you credit for the channel designs as well) since I am a pretty poor artist when it comes to banner design
smile.gif
It works out well actually, as each colored channel has been designated for a specific cIOS. So, blue channel is the standard cIOS249 default load, and the orange will load cIOS222 default. So, you can install these channels and be able to boot into the cIOS of your choice without a SD card or config.txt present.

I know there are quite a few people who think the channel is useless, but if you are like me (swapping multiple SD cards out all of the time) and do not always necessarily have a usb-loader directory in the SD slot, you can *still* load CFG and play a game. It's a good thing in my book. Either way, here it is:

http://sharebee.com/5389d21c

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THEESE!
smile.gif

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowtroop said:
I'm no hacker, But would button values help you at all? I have some Wired GC values, and for wavebird, you just subtract hex 80...

I'm more curious why you need GC controller support? Do some games use the GC controller? Sorry, I don't play many games.
tongue.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
shadowtroop said:
I'm no hacker, But would button values help you at all? I have some Wired GC values, and for wavebird, you just subtract hex 80...

I'm more curious why you need GC controller support? Do some games use the GC controller? Sorry, I don't play many games.
tongue.gif

Possibly they ran out of batteries xD

Normally you can use GC controllers for GC games and some Wii VC and/or Wiiware games.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
So, I am not sure if this was asked before...

Would there be a possibility to make an option which lets you go back from an actual played game directly to the loader GUI instead of Homescreen?

This would make things a lot easier...

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
glukriek said:
Hey guys,

First of all I love this loader and it is working great for me.

I just have a little question... looking at all the possible displays, I was thinking that the one missing is the "games on shelf" display
(like http://media.photobucket.com/image/wii%20g...9_05150007.jpg)

I just think it would be great to have a lot of games on the screen (with maybe 2 shelves) and still having fairly big title names.

Glukriek

i THINK it's true we need a 'slightly better' console view, but surely not one where you need to crank your head 90degrees to read the titles...

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
glukriek said:
Hey guys,

First of all I love this loader and it is working great for me.

I just have a little question... looking at all the possible displays, I was thinking that the one missing is the "games on shelf" display
(like http://media.photobucket.com/image/wii%20g...9_05150007.jpg)

I just think it would be great to have a lot of games on the screen (with maybe 2 shelves) and still having fairly big title names.

Glukriek

i THINK it's true we need a 'slightly better' console view, but surely not one where you need to crank your head 90degrees to read the titles...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
uLoader has just been updated to 3.0B.

The new dev/mload and EHCI module is based on interruptions.

The IOS222/223 mload is updated to V4, and is a major upgrade which focus on stability.

Hope this module can be implemented into CFG Loader soon such that the occasional stuttering in games can be fixed.

Many Thanks !

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:

The IOS222/223 mload is updated to V4, and is a major upgrade which focus on stability.

Hope this module can be implemented into CFG Loader soon such that the occasional stuttering in games can be fixed.

Many Thanks !
I'm sure oggzee will put some work into this soon, but have you tried checking whether Cfg already supports it? Install the new channels and copy src/uloader/resources/ehcmodule.elf from the RAR to sd:/USB-Loader/ehcmodule3.elf

Edit: I tested it myself and it works just fine. I have a confirmed report from my tutorial page that it also fixes the black Wii incompatibility and gets Monster Hunter 3 working perfectly. There's no need for an update for Cfg (apart from maybe adding the new ehcmodule by default).

I think implementing the corresponding code from uLoader 3.0B can fully reveal the features of the new IOS222/223 V4.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:

Many Thanks !
I'm sure oggzee will put some work into this soon, but have you tried checking whether Cfg already supports it? Install the new channels and copy src/uloader/resources/ehcmodule.elf from the RAR to sd:/USB-Loader/ehcmodule3.elf

Edit: I tested it myself and it works just fine. I have a confirmed report from my tutorial page that it also fixes the black Wii incompatibility and gets Monster Hunter 3 working perfectly. There's no need for an update for Cfg (apart from maybe adding the new ehcmodule by default).

I think implementing the corresponding code from uLoader 3.0B can fully reveal the features of the new IOS222/223 V4.

If you simply do exactly what Dr. Clipper said in terms of copying/renaming the new ehcmodule, you will experience all of the features of 222/223 V4. The only difference it would make to have the ehcmodule embedded into CFG would be not to have to do this at all.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zektor said:
TeenTin said:
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:

Many Thanks !

If you simply do exactly what Dr. Clipper said in terms of copying/renaming the new ehcmodule, you will experience all of the features of 222/223 V4. The only difference it would make to have the ehcmodule embedded into CFG would be not to have to do this at all.

There are some special codes in uLoader 3.0B to cooperate with the IOS222/223 V4, as usual.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
There are some special codes in uLoader 3.0B to cooperate with the IOS222/223 V4, as usual.
And that special code is probably in the ehcmodule. If you can find proof to the contrary, let us know.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
And that special code is probably in the ehcmodule. If you can find proof to the contrary, let us know.

I refer to the situation when mload V2 is upgraded to V3.

blackflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
blackflag said:
Start the game and it asks you.
I will probably move this directly into the menu though.

Ok cool I'll try again later. It was like 2 am and I was tired but I swear it wasn't asking me when it was a few days ago.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the first page in the first post there is a link for cfg v41 with 222-mload as the default ios. What is the difference with using that .dol vs just adding ios=222-mload in the config.txt which controls the global options along with using the regular cfg v41?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
I refer to the situation when mload V2 is upgraded to V3.
That wasn't additional code being used in the loader, the v2 to v3 transition caused problems as it needed a different way of interface to the IOS. You have not provided proof that there is any of this code in the v3 to v4 transition (all the changes could be in the IOS itself and not the Loader). The v1 to v2 transition went through without any additional code needing to be added to Cfg. Perhaps this one is the same.

QUOTE(Dent @ Sep 3 2009, 12:38 PM) On the first page in the first post there is a link for cfg v41 with 222-mload as the default ios. What is the difference with using that .dol vs just adding ios=222-mload in the config.txt which controls the global options along with using the regular cfg v41?
There is no difference. The 222 version is just there for people who want to use it without a config.txt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress