Hacking Configurable USB Loader

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takoru said:
Wow, Hibern, it would be awesome if you would help the project of the configurable usb loader.
Your Wiiflow loader is my second loader; I'm just not using it because I get a code dump error when using cheats with SSBB; and because I like the features here more.
Wiiflow got a great GUI, that's true. Best coverflow loader out there!
But, your help would be desired here.
I hope you'll help oggzee and co, if they need your help.
Thanks a lot for your offer, it made me happy to see that you would be ready to help this project.
tongue.gif

Which features would you like to see?

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
It's working, just replace the main.dol of the EURMultiiboot.iso with the one of Snes9x GX.
The only problem is, that it's size is 4gb. That's just too much for an emulator, lol.
edit: sorry, corsario said it before.

thisdorkagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to be picky on looks, but i noticed the fade from console to gui or vice versa doesn't function with the lastest gui styles that you added. just sayin

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Takoru said:
Wow, Hibern, it would be awesome if you would help the project of the configurable usb loader.
Your Wiiflow loader is my second loader; I'm just not using it because I get a code dump error when using cheats with SSBB; and because I like the features here more.
Wiiflow got a great GUI, that's true. Best coverflow loader out there!
But, your help would be desired here.
I hope you'll help oggzee and co, if they need your help.
Thanks a lot for your offer, it made me happy to see that you would be ready to help this project.
tongue.gif

Which features would you like to see?

The coverflow adjustments are pretty incredible in Wiiflow. Those types of adjustments would be very welcome in USBLoaderCFG in my personal opinion
smile.gif
And, Wiiflow was the loader I was thinking of that had the left/right arrows (they were actually -/+ signs) that faded in and out whilst moving left or right in the menu selection. That is pretty cool too. Finally, when the covers are viewed individually, they "float"....I always thought that looked pretty sick.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
The coverflow adjustments are pretty incredible in Wiiflow. Those types of adjustments would be very welcome in USBLoaderCFG in my personal opinion
smile.gif
And, Wiiflow was the loader I was thinking of that had the left/right arrows (they were actually -/+ signs) that faded in and out whilst moving left or right in the menu selection. That is pretty cool too. Finally, when the covers are viewed individually, they "float"....I always thought that looked pretty sick.

I agree, WiiFlow looks great but I'm not going to copy it exactly.
tongue.gif

The underlying code for most of those things is already in place, they're just not exposed.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
And here we have a usefull fact for you: The Wii can't do Anti-Aliasing. The Wii simply can't, no way around. So forget this....

Well, not completely exact. There is some AA support, but at a cost of other details and performance.
Games disable that because they already have too much details and with AA turned on the game would run too slow
frown.gif

The loader gui is really not that busy and enabling AA wouldn't affect the performance, but it does add some complexity and time to implement it, and on my list it's a pretty low priority thing.

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Aug 4 2009, 03:58 PM) @Topic: Is there any progress on the new GeckoOS Cheatcode handler? Not rushing, just realy looking forward to that
biggrin.gif
Not yet
smile.gif
I said it will take some time. Let's say a week, so you won't have to hold your breath
smile.gif

I am pretty busy these days as you see no new release has come out yet
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hibern said:
Why don't you simply ask me? I won't bite.
This loader (cfg) seems to be the best IMO from a developer's point of view, because it seems to be clean, without all the memory leaks and code dumps seen elsewhere (at least it never had a weird behavior or crashes when i tested it)
And it has every feature ever seen in a USB loader.
So i'd be glad to help if there's anything you'd like to know about wiiflow.
From a user's POV though, i'd complain about the console mode GUI and the flickering on my old TV
smile.gif

Keep it up, it's an excellent project.
Thanks for the compliments, the comments and the offer for advice! I will keep that in mind that and might actually have some questions for you. I think usptactical already sent you a few AA related questions... he's more into the whole gui thing than I am anyway. At the moment my problems are more of when (free time) than how.
wink.gif

Oh and hey, wiiflow is really slick gotta say that!
biggrin.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have searched and searched and can't find an old thread on how to make alt .dols for games. anyone got this bookmarked that could share. thanks!!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Raziel5000 said:
i have searched and searched and can't find an old thread on how to make alt .dols for games. anyone got this bookmarked that could share. thanks!!
You don't need that anymore.
Enable: alt.dol from disc, which will let you specify the alt.dol directly from the loaded game (from wbfs).

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
Blue-K said:
@Topic: Is there any progress on the new GeckoOS Cheatcode handler? Not rushing, just realy looking forward to that
biggrin.gif
Not yet
smile.gif
I said it will take some time. Let's say a week, so you won't have to hold your breath
smile.gif

I am pretty busy these days as you see no new release has come out yet
wink.gif

WOW! Really good to know it will be implemented within a week !!! Great !

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
Here's a step-by-step guide for the alt .dol on disc method oggzee mentioned.

Note: This does not require you to burn any discs. The loader actually just chooses to use the alt .dol straight off the WBFS partition.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
sr_corsario said:
Yes...
I looked for "EURmultiboot iso" (thats an iso with multiboot in it) and replace the main.dol for snes9x dol. Moreover changed game ID.
It have a "bug" at the moment due to EURmultiboot iso structure. "Opening.bnr" its not at the begining of data structure and for instance iso image its too big (easy to fix probably with partition builder or "by hand")
Any way, it works and its an alternative to install a channel or load aplications from HBC
PD:I suppouse other apps could be loaded at the same way.
Sr Corsario
Crazy stuff!
smile.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Raziel5000 said:
You don't need that anymore.
Enable: alt.dol from disc, which will let you specify the alt.dol directly from the loaded game (from wbfs).

Thanks for the replies, i had no idea that had been implimented.

WiiModWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone here good with Photoshop? I want to change my Pointer.png icon into the Powerglove, "it's so bad", lol...I've got the best picture I could find, just need to resize it to match the original pointer.png file, make the background transparent (i think) and remove the black around the glove. If anyone can help out, here's the pic. I just don't know Photoshop well enough...

nes-powerglove.png

WiiModWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
Haha. I may actually use this for awhile:

pointer.png

OMG, thanks Dude...I was pulling my hair out with Photoshop trying to figure out how to make it work, awesome
yay.gif

Do I need to resize this? The original is 96 x 96, this one is 64 x 192? I'll give it a go anyway first to see what it looks like.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
WiiModWiis said:
usptactical said:
Haha. I may actually use this for awhile:

pointer.png

OMG, thanks Dude...I was pulling my hair out with Photoshop trying to figure out how to make it work, awesome
yay.gif

Do I need to resize this? The original is 96 x 96, this one is 64 x 192? I'll give it a go anyway first to see what it looks like.
You don't have to resize it, it's working and really does look funny.
thanks uspactical.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@oggzee, usptactical...

Did something get changed with IOS222/223 support since the incompatibility was noticed? I was testing it out to check for myself and found that v3 works as long as you don't include the ehcmodule.elf. I thought neither the new IOSes nor new ehcmodule worked, but now I'm just confused.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee, usptactical...

Did something get changed with IOS222/223 support since the incompatibility was noticed? I was testing it out to check for myself and found that v3 works as long as you don't include the ehcmodule.elf. I thought neither the new IOSes nor new ehcmodule worked, but now I'm just confused.

Nothing has changed, it seems old ehcmodule still works with the new cios222.
What was broken for a while in one of the betas (37b?) was FAT partition support under cios222, that happened at about the same time that the new cios222 rev3 came out, so we quickly concluded at that time that cios222v3 had no backward compatibility at all.
However, I personally haven't yet tested the cios222v3, so this is all based on the users reports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle