Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zulu12 said:
Here is my setting:
1 partition is FAT 2gig
2 partition is WBFS - which I install all the games.

I am using version 36a because I have not update it yet.

In my usb HD - I have 2 folder which I copy from my SD.

USB: apps/USBloader/boot.dol
USB: USBloader/themes/ etc - which I got all the files in there.

Am I missing anything?
The second should be USB-Loader/themes/ (note the hyphen) and you must have a config.txt in there (i.e., in usb:/USB-Loader).

Also ensure both your drive partitions are active and primary partitions. Use diskmgmt.msc on a Windows box, or any partitioning program to check.

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oggzee said:
Oh and I also noticed, the new libfat in 37b is not compatible with ios 222 either.
Apparently we have more fixing to do.
Maybe the new libfat will work fine with the new ios 222....

did you try with uloader 2.7 libfat ? in theory it should work !!!

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not joking but ive checked most loaders compared to this and they are all rubbish, I tried Uloader 2.7 as a joke today to see if it was any good. And its S**T all you can see is 2d design and its rubbish lol.
Anyways what exactly has happoned with the new cIOS 222/223 Im a bit confused with that sector.
Also on another note i installed a program i didn't like then used bootmii to restore, and know i lost 1 months worth of save data... GF ME.

Bninja1v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool to me.
biggrin.gif

offtake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Btw:
Configurable USB Loader: This calls for a celebration!

I tried a lot of loaders till now, but the cfg. loader is the very best of all.
EVERY game works, even by channel. I'm very glad!

THANK YOU for your amazing work and the almost weekly Updates!

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nitrozz said:
oggzee said:
Oh and I also noticed, the new libfat in 37b is not compatible with ios 222 either.
Apparently we have more fixing to do.
Maybe the new libfat will work fine with the new ios 222....

did you try with uloader 2.7 libfat ? in theory it should work !!!

oggzee,

release 36d work well with last hermes ios222
edit: i don't now why but crash dumping dvd to disk

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is it possible to get the 3d covers on the flow2 setting, looks 3d but just scrolls left or right and can have variable amount on the screen at once by pressing up and down?
Not at this time. Currently the grid modes are 2D only.
And by 3D covers, I'm assuming you mean full covers (the ones that show the front, spine and back) and not the "fake" 3D covers, which the grid modes DO support.

Yea that's what i mean the flip ones (full covers) will this be implemented in a future release?

AtomicWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this whole scene and having a bit of a problem. I have v37b and everytime I load a game (which works fine) and then quit by pressing the home button and the go back to USB Loader to start another game, the game won't boot. I have to reboot the Wii and then it will work fine. It seems every time I try and load a second game after playing one, the second game freezes unless I reboot the wii before I access USB Loader again.

Any idea why?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomicWii said:
I'm new to this whole scene and having a bit of a problem. I have v37b and everytime I load a game (which works fine) and then quit by pressing the home button and the go back to USB Loader to start another game, the game won't boot. I have to reboot the Wii and then it will work fine. It seems every time I try and load a second game after playing one, the second game freezes unless I reboot the wii before I access USB Loader again.

Any idea why?

Known issue with cIOSrev13. Gotta deal with it for now.

Anyway, I was in the middle of playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves on 37a, noticed an update, and updated to 37b. Rebooted and tried to load the game again. DSI exception immediately. I rebooted and tried again just in case, and again, DSI exception. I reverted back to 37a and it works fine again.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomicWii said:

Any idea why?

cIOS38 REV13x?

Edit: Ignore, I didn't refresh before posting.

AtomicWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh.. well thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was with only v37b or not. I guess I'll revert back and test out your theory that the problem is with the cios. thx.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomicWii said:

Any idea why?

Thanks for trying us out.
smile.gif

That's a known bug in cios 13. Wait for 14, which is supposed to be out any day now.

Posts merged

QUOTE(zektor @ Jul 23 2009, 01:39 PM) Anyway, I was in the middle of playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves on 37a, noticed an update, and updated to 37b. Rebooted and tried to load the game again. DSI exception immediately. I rebooted and tried again just in case, and again, DSI exception. I reverted back to 37a and it works fine again.

Please post/PM the stack dump numbers. Thanks!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
AtomicWii said:

Any idea why?

Thanks for trying us out.
smile.gif

That's a known bug in cios 13. Wait for 14, which is supposed to be out any day now.

Posts merged

QUOTE(zektor @ Jul 23 2009, 01:39 PM) Anyway, I was in the middle of playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves on 37a, noticed an update, and updated to 37b. Rebooted and tried to load the game again. DSI exception immediately. I rebooted and tried again just in case, and again, DSI exception. I reverted back to 37a and it works fine again.

Damnit. I downgraded to 37a, then saw your post, and then re-upgraded to 37b to get you the stack dump numbers. Wouldn't you know it does not crash now? Perhaps bad download?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nitrozz said:
i cant, it simple stop
i dump it with uloader and it work good
That could be your drive's fault. Some drives will cause some loaders to just hang part-way through an install. Upgrade your IOSes (or downgrade in the case of IOS222/223 as cfg is currently incompatible with the version from uLoader 2.6 onwards) and it will help things.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
37b isn't recognizing the fat32 partition on my usb device. if i go back to 37a it recognizes it. if it helps my usb device is a seagate free agent 1.5 terabyte hdd. the drive is split in half, one half to WBFS the other is FAT32. no errors or stack dumps..

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:

It happened again. Seems after some playing around with coverflow:

80c07a3c --> 80c07934 --> 80c407bc --> 80c405b4 -->
80c2c0b0 --> 80c39724 --> 80c2bcd8 --> 80c2bd50 -->
80c35bac

mokomoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all!!

Thanks for this great loader. But on wide screen I see that covers suffer from overweight. I think that the default value for wcovers_size must be 120,225 instead of 130,225.
Let me explain:
The 4:3 display corresponds to 640x480 square screen pixels, and 16:9 = 853:480, so we have a ratio 853:640 = 16:12. If we want the 160x225 covers keep aspect on wide screen we need the width scaled previously to 160x12/16 = 120.
Of course this is easily achieved using wcovers_size=120,225 in config.txt

¡Un saludo a todos! (and sorry for my english)

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
usptactical said:

It happened again. Seems after some playing around with coverflow:

80c07a3c --> 80c07934 --> 80c407bc --> 80c405b4 -->
80c2c0b0 --> 80c39724 --> 80c2bcd8 --> 80c2bd50 -->
80c35bac

Thanks! Ogg has been debugging all the libfat issues and there should be a new release soon.

QUOTE(mokomoko @ Jul 23 2009, 07:33 PM)
Hello all!!

Thanks for this great loader. But on wide screen I see that covers suffer from overweight. I think that the default value for wcovers_size must be 120,225 instead of 130,225.
Let me explain:
The 4:3 display corresponds to 640x480 screen pixels, and 16:9 = 853:480, so we have a ratio 853:640 = 16:12. If we want the 160x225 covers keep aspect on wide screen we need the width scaled previously to 160x12/16 = 120.
Of course this is easily achieved using wcovers_size=120,225 in config.txt

¡Un saludo a todos! (and sorry for my english)

Yes, you are certainly correct and we are aware that the dimensions aren't "true" 16:9 for widescreen. The auto-resize was set to 13/16 because 12/16 just visually looked too compressed. Fortunately, you are able to resize if you prefer the other.
wink.gif
And thanks for the compliments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, mine is instrumental too