Hacking Configurable USB Loader

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This loader is definitely the best I've tried so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Also, development seems to go so fast! I take off my hat to that!

That said, iI've been reading through this thread for a couple of hours now, but I still can't seem to figure out how to get it to run as a full channel (That means running it from the Wii, with only the covers and config files on the HDD, right ?). Could anyone give me a nudge in the right direction ?

Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
This loader is definitely the best I've tried so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Also, development seems to go so fast! I take off my hat to that!

That said, iI've been reading through this thread for a couple of hours now, but I still can't seem to figure out how to get it to run as a full channel (That means running it from the Wii, with only the covers and config files on the HDD, right ?). Could anyone give me a nudge in the right direction ?

Thanks!
Get and install Narolez' forwarder from the first post in the thread. Copy the contents of your SD card to the USB drive FAT32 partition. Done.

Note, the .dol will be on the USB as well as the covers and config. This is the best option as it allows you to update properly.

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The partition was a little big, so I only got the option to format as exFAT; that's probably the cause. Fixing it now, will report later.

HeBeertje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I've copied the folders /apps/USBLoader and /usb-loader to the only FAT32 partition on my USB drive but still I get the 'Error: Unable to locate file' message. Does the FAT32 partition need to be the active partition, did I miss a file/folder or do I need to change a config file somewhere?

My HDD is partitioned as 500GB WBFS, 70GB NTFS and 5GB FAT32.

Help appreciated!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
HeBeertje said:
Hmmm I've copied the folders /apps/USBLoader and /usb-loader to the only FAT32 partition on my USB drive but still I get the 'Error: Unable to locate file' message. Does the FAT32 partition need to be the active partition, did I miss a file/folder or do I need to change a config file somewhere?

My HDD is partitioned as 500GB WBFS, 70GB NTFS and 5GB FAT32.

Help appreciated!
Both partitions need to be marked as active, and both need to be primary (not logical) partitions.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello oggzee and usptactical,

just a 2cents hint for your forthcoming release 37....

In the file README-CFG.txt you say that the default location for ocarina codes folder is "sd:/codes/*.gct". In your distributions (e.g. cfg36) you say to place the folder "codes" inside the "usb-loader" one....
Please, can you correct either the README-CFG.txt or the folders in the distribution? It is not clear where to place that folder...
In the case one moves all of the stuffs in "sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/" have the ocarina folder "codes" to go there or it must remain in the sd root?
What about a global option path for ocarina? e.g. ocarina_codes_path = [sd:/codes]

Thanks for your awesome job

Cambo

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
updated readme to:
Code:
ÂÂocarina cheat codes are searched in:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.gct
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ sd:/data/gecko/codes/*.gct
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ sd:/codes/*.gct
ÂÂocarina TXT cheat codes use the locations:
ÂÂÂÂDownloaded to: sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.txt
ÂÂÂÂSaved .gct to: sd:/usb-loader/codes/*.gct

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kavid said:
do cfg37b2 support uloader 2.7 echmodel.elf??

no.
that will come later.
i haven't done anything yet regarding uloader 2.7.
but feel free to try and let us know what happens
smile.gif

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mokomoko said:
Thanks for this great loader. But on wide screen I see that covers suffer from overweight. I think that the default value for wcovers_size must be 120,225 instead of 130,225.
Let me explain:
The 4:3 display corresponds to 640x480 square screen pixels, and 16:9 = 853:480, so we have a ratio 853:640 = 16:12. If we want the 160x225 covers keep aspect on wide screen we need the width scaled previously to 160x12/16 = 120.
Of course this is easily achieved using wcovers_size=120,225 in config.txt

It really depends on your settings on the Wii. If you use 576i then I agree with you that 120,225 looks better, but if you use 480p/i then 130,225 is better.

The reason, as I see it, is because on 480p/i the picture is cropped like this: left 9-10px, right 10-11 px, top 15-16px & bottom 14-15px
On 576i the picture is only cropped in the sides, and in console mode it's even compressed vertically.

Try to use this as a background:

QUOTE¡Un saludo a todos! (and sorry for my english)

Your english is better than some of the guys from the UK
tongue.gif
and saludo back at ya!

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, as always I love this loader and the full cover support. Plus with the new libfat implementation the covers load much faster now. I am here now because I am losing my mind on cheats. I was over on the forums at usbgecko checking out codes for SSBB and I found a bunch of codes (not found in the main file downloaded on the website or via this loader) and put them into a text document however no matter what I do I cannot get the cheats to show in this loader or any outside program.

If it helps i could PM you all the codes and you could put them in a txt document for me otherwise does anyone know of a way to make sure my txt document is perfectly structured?

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
cfg v37b2 (beta 2)

http://sharebee.com/198cd11c
(or online update)

Code:
cfg v37b2 (beta 2)

Changes since v37b:

* Fixed the remaining issues with the new libfat (hopefully)
* Display which covers are already present when downloading missing covers for a single game.

Hi there - have just been testing this latest release and have noticed one minor issue - I was wondering if you could replicate it. When I am using coverflow and am just viewing favourites, the covers are not displayed when I switch between the first game, and move left to view the last game in the list (e.g. I have Animal Crossing and press left to go to Wii sports) - all the covers on the right hand side of the selected game (wii sports) turn to hour glasses with no cover displayed. If I switch to displaying all covers I don't get this issue - only when viewing favourites. Thanks.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mjfisher said:
Hi there - have just been testing this latest release and have noticed one minor issue - I was wondering if you could replicate it. When I am using coverflow and am just viewing favourites, the covers are not displayed when I switch between the first game, and move left to view the last game in the list (e.g. I have Animal Crossing and press left to go to Wii sports) - all the covers on the right hand side of the selected game (wii sports) turn to hour glasses with no cover displayed. If I switch to displaying all covers I don't get this issue - only when viewing favourites. Thanks.

How many favorites do you have?

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey again, i noticed your nice update in 37B that when you twist the wii remote the covers turn around.
Could you possibly add in future versions the ability to scroll using the wii remote.
For example:
You move the wii remote form left to right, and the covers scroll from left to right, and the amount of "Strength" you put into it is how much they turn.
>--->--->--->-->----

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All !!!!

Can someone point me to the right direction? This loader is working great. Can someone show me where I can download different themes for this loader?

Thank You,

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex Finlay said:
Hey again, i noticed your nice update in 37B that when you twist the wii remote the covers turn around.
Could you possibly add in future versions the ability to scroll using the wii remote.
For example:
You move the wii remote form left to right, and the covers scroll from left to right, and the amount of "Strength" you put into it is how much they turn.
>--->--->--->-->----

That might be more challenging, since side covers are partially off the screen in some themes. Unless it worked something like coverfloader where you have to press another button while you're doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dirt cheap, but its only 5400 rpm. But still be good for music/photo backup
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Dirt cheap, but its only 5400 rpm. But still be good for music/photo backup