Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, good job derailing the thread and completely missing the point. If there IS a default language flag and it can be implemented, why would you waste time arguing that it shouldn't be? Configurable USB Loader, ya know whatimean?

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i would imagine that any game would default to it's first language - whatever that may be, if it cant find any kind of valid flag in the console.

think about it, the game must have all the text in blocks,
the first block would be zero, then 1 and so on.

when you code, all variables start as 0 till you put some other value in them.
so if you have a game that only has japanese, and you shove it in a pal console, it cant find a language code inside it's valid range and skips along to the next thing - probably checking video.
the result - language-bank 0 is used.

if a loader forces a language code for a bank that doesnt exist then the game will either crash or display a load of crap.

the same thing happens with the video, if you force some ntsc-j games to run in pal they crash the entire system when they try to initialise the video!

fiskat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
a sd card with 2 partitions,first fat32 use for hbc& usb loader,second wbfs use for game.
this usb loader can load game list from wbfs partition,but cannot start any game,it will show an error when press A to select.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fiskat said:
a sd card with 2 partitions,first fat32 use for hbc& usb loader,second wbfs use for game.
this usb loader can load game list from wbfs partition,but cannot start any game,it will show an error when press A to select.

Thanks, I'll check what's wrong.

whtwhy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, cant load any game from SD, Failure message appears ordering to look to manual and forces to shutdown,same error from earlier versions too.
SD-Card 2GB
1.part. :fat
2.Part. :wbfs

no loader works for me to load from sd except the original waninkos loader.
rev10 "updated" installed

hshang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did great job oggzee. Thanks.
I have about 50+ game installed on the HDD. The game I often played is at the end of the list. So each time I want to play have to scroll down a lot.
Now I have some idea about game sorting here:
Put the most recent played game on the 1st of the list.
Sort the game title according the played times. More often played game will go to the top. Less played game will go to the bottom.
I'm also thinking how to implement it:
Add a counter for each game. Sort the title according to this counter.
Each time you press A to play a game, increase the counter for that game.
Remove the RecentPlayedFlag (like 0x8000) from the 1st title.
Set the RecentPlayedFlag to current selected game. This will make sure the most recent played game will become to 1st next time.
Then launch the game.

This intelligent sorting will help us a lot if we have a lot of games.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hshang said:
I have about 50+ game installed on the HDD. The game I often played is at the end of the list. So each time I want to play have to scroll down a lot.
Just scroll backwards while you are at the beginning of the list and you get to the end (it's looped in both directions). You may also use left and right on the Wiimotes digital pad to scroll fast through your list. So I don't know what the problem is. I have 45+ games and don't have to scroll much. Using a layout displaying 21 games I can scroll through it very fast. U should try that out.
wink.gif

QUOTE(hshang @ Apr 16 2009, 05:50 PM) Now I have some idea about game sorting here:
Put the most recent played game on the 1st of the list.
Anyway, I like the idea somehow as a configurable alternative. Don't know if I would use it cause I like alphabetical order somehow, but it would be a nice feature.

Btw: Tried cfg9 today and like it very much. Nice background designs, nice features, less problems.
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jezz.....I am really conformist, so I kind of dislike people asking for new features, but Oggzee, if you were like me, this wouldn't be the best loader, thanks for your addiction to please people
biggrin.gif
, and I don't have a request, just a question.......are you planing on adding some of the GUI's around here, like the "cover flow" one...??? that would be awesome (not asking or anything, just wondering)

infamousdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say awesome job oggzee and that this is my loader of choice.

Quick question, any plans on implementing the widescreen options that are in the Ultimate Loader?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee: I found the version that loaded proper Japanese fonts by default on USA consoles. That's the one that probably uses "game default" for language. Could you look at the code and see how the language code is different from the current version?

v4 by Narolez

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Knocks, oggzee:

for correctly showing JAP Fonts, the VIDTV Patch must done, call vidolpatcher in the Apploader_Run Method.

EDIT: i fixed it in the cfg9, please test: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2jzygkytlm/..._cfg9-VIDTV.rar

In my V4:

CODEapploader.c

s32 Apploader_Run(entry_point *entry)
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ [...]
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ for (;;) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvoid *dst = NULL;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂs32ÂÂ len = 0, offset = 0;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Run apploader main function */
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂret = appldr_main(&dst, &len, &offset);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (!ret)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Read data from DVD */
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWDVD_Read(dst, len, (u64)(offset

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Narolez said:
oggzee said:
Thanks!!!!!!!
I'll include the fix!
Please eliminate all "if ocarina" in apploader.c. Run the kenobii hook stuff and dogamehooks every time ...

Ok, so if I want to disable ocarina, it's enough to just not call do_sd_code(...) ?
Actually, I never did understood exactly what all the hooks stuff does...
What is kenobiwii anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel