Configurable USB Loader

oggzee Apr 11, 2009.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2011
    Venezuela
    I am having a small problem with this app, i cannot use ocarina cheats, it refuses to read the .gct files from E:/Legolas/Codes or the txtcodes files in E:/Legolas/app/Configurable Usbloader Mod nor i can download them.

How do i fix that small issue?

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I do launch through a forwarder, but I had also tried launching through the HBC because I had the same thought process.
    Sadly, that wasn't it.

3. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    You can try adding the debug=1 option to meta.xml to see if it is being accepted at all or not, like this:

<arguments>
    <arg>ios = 248</arg>
    <arg>debug = 1</arg>
    </arguments>

Then you should see a lot of debug info printed out.

Alternatively, you can find the debug log somewhere in the gui and look at it if it gives you some idea, or you can also save it to a file and then post it here, for us to look at.

4. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I tried doing this and when I started from the Forwarder, I didn't get any debug info.
    However, booting from the HBC did give me debug info.
    Is there any way to make CFG USB Loader read the meta.xml if it's loaded from the Forwarder?

Also, I did not find any place where I could actually look at the debug log, or a way to save it to a file.

5. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia

In gui: Info / Debug / Save Debug
    in console mode: minus button / global options / save debug.log

6. SwedishGojira

SwedishGojira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sweden
    Any chance that you guys will enable patching to use Wiimmfi for Wi-fi games now that Nintendos servers are down?

7. g12345567

g12345567 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    I had to update an old version of USB loader CFG v70 on my softmodded Wii to get my new Motion Plus remote to work. All games were working fine on old version.

Problem now is that some of the games that were working previously no longer work. Game just loads to blank screen and freezes. Have to power down Wii and restart.

Old Version: USB loader CFG v70 (249)
    Current Version: USB loader CFG MOD v75 (Auto)

The games that wouldn't load from USB loader CFG Mod r75 all work fine from Wiiflow after updating to the latest IOS. No idea why the few games still don't work in latest CFG.

Original Installed:
    IOS249 Base: 56 d2x v8final (r21008)
    IOS250 Base: 57 d2x v8final (r21008)

New installed version:

IOS249 Base: 56 d2x d2x-v10-beta53-alt (r21010)
    IOS250 Base: 57 d2x d2x-v10-beta53-alt (r21010)

8. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Sorry it took so long, but I've done it:
    http://pastebin.com/5uaAiXmv
    This is when starting it from a Forwarder.
    By the way, I see that it first loads the Glass theme and then the Stripes theme.
    Looking at config.txt, it does indeed have Glass as a theme there, which is strange because I used the configurator to set it to Stripes.
    And then there's the unmounting and remounting of the SD and HDD. Is that normal?

9. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    Looks to me that you might have a config file on the sd card and a config file on the usb drive and they are conflicting with each other.

10. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia

From the debug.log I can see that the forwarder did not specify which IOS to use at startup:
    args[2]: [0]=fat:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol [1]=not set
    Should be something like:
    args[2]: [0]=fat:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol [1]=ios=248
    It probably doesn't support The meta.xml file. Which forwarder are you using? If it's one of these:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/official-cfg-loader-forwarder.275487/
    It should support meta.xml properly.

Can you make another debug.log dump, this time starting from the HBC to see if in that case the arguments are passed correctly?

About the theme, yes you are right, it first loads Glass because it is set int config.txt and then switches to stripes, because that is set in settings.cfg.
    Best is to remove the theme line from config.txt so that only settings.cfg theme will be used.

And the SD and HDD remounting happens because the IOS is being reloaded, so that is expected and if you get rid of double ios reloading, the sd and hdd reloading should not happen anymore.

11. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I am certain that there is no such file on my hard drive. But I looked anyway, and couldn't find anything

I have used one of those forwarders, I believe. But that was a loooong time ago, so maybe it's time to install a new one.
    I'll also get the newest Configurator, see if that makes a proper config.txt

12. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Well, I've installed the new Forwarder and deleted all obsolete settings in config.txt, and now everything loads a lot faster! I also don't have the problem anymore that it first says AUTO/249 before jumping to 248.
    Here is the debug.log: http://pastebin.com/HMQmA4VE
    I see that it still seems to mount, dismount and then remount the hard drive, though.

13. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Great! So, problem solved. :)

Yes I see that the ntfs partition is remounted, and the reason is because you have enabled write to ntfs. However you have done that in meta.xml, so the loader could be a bit smarter and know that the ntfs partition was already mounted with write enabled and don't perform a remount. On the other hand, that takes almost zero time, so it's not a big issue.

and for info, the arguments that are passed by the forwarder are now:

args[4]: [0]=sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol [1]=ios = 248 [2]=ntfs_write = 1 [3]=fat_split_size = 0

I assume you have all these options in the meta.xml (ios, ntfs_write and fat_split_size)

14. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Yep! For completion's sake, I'll post here my meta.xml, config.txt and settings.cfg

Should I put ntfs_write and fat_split_size in config.txt to prevent remounting? (Even though the time it saves me is minimal.)

15. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Your configuration is ok. And no moving ntfs_write and fat_split_size to config.txt will not prevent remounting and it's only the ntfs_write that causes the remount. I would move fat_split_size to config.txt as it has no special meaning if it's inside meta.xml. As for ntfs_write, the loader (source code) would need to be improved to prevent remounting if this option is in meta.xml.

16. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Just curious, is it possible to use the other usb port on a wii with configurable usb loader? It seems that only 1 of the usb ports works with this.

17. Can0dope

Can0dope Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2012
    United States
    From my understanding, the second USB slot is for Wii peripheral devices only (Rock Band guitar, etc.). I don't think you can use it for anything else...

18. nate__
    This message by nate__ has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jun 2, 2014, Reason: b.
    May 31, 2014
  19. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I have a question.
    Is there any difference between WBFS files or ISO files in terms of load speed or something like that? In the same manner, is there a difference between a FAT / NTFS / WBFS partition?
    Does splitting WBFS files affect the load speed?

20. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    No, splitting the files should not affect the loading speed.

21. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Okay, thank you.
    Then is there any difference between a FAT32 / NTFS / WBFS partition? Or any difference between ISO or WBFS files?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted