Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by oggzee, Apr 11, 2009.

1. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    This is the best loader I don't know why that damn "Ultimate" USB Loader is more popular when this can mimic it and any other loader design with a few simple config option changes

2. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    I guess it's because this one doesn't have a Cool Name [​IMG]

But anyway, features are being merged back and forth, so both loaders are getting similar...

3. hungyip84

hungyip84 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2007
    United States
    That's true.

I want to say thank you for saving me time to implement the config options =)

4. Knocks

Knocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2006
    Code:
    # language = [console], Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish,
    #ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂItalian, Dutch, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Korean

No game default option for language?

5. sheridan2000

sheridan2000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    uk
    I know it sounds stupid but i have HBC and i have usb loader 1.1 plus cios v 9 already on my system. But there are so many folders and files in this package that im confused what is actually needed to run this loader...... [​IMG]

6. lorier

lorier Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2009
    France
    hello,

Thank you for this great loader !
    Is it possible to add a parameter to skip SD / USB choice and autolaunch to USB?

Is there a channel forwarder that I can use with Configurable loader ?

7. dodol

dodol GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    United States
    I'm wondering about the coordinate limit, I experience hang if I set
    covers_coords=24,102

8. kizer8

kizer8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    I've wondered about both your questions also.

Thanks,
    Kizer

9. MadBob

MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Nov 6, 2002
    I get flickering to the point of causing epilepsy on loading "Deal or no Deal - the banker is back PAL" as Waninkoko's 1.1 release fixed this problem; and every custom version I have used since hasn't, I assume that it is the video mode setting. anyone have a suggested setting?

Also "Sims 2 Castaway" freezes at the loading feet (when continuing an existing game) any ideas what could cause this? everything I read says it works. I have deleted and re-ripped, original disc works fine.

Also I take it that using simple mode I cannot access settings? so I would have to setup using full mode and then edit back to simple mode to allow loading without giving access to everything.

10. sheridan2000

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    uk
    i find that in order to get rid of the flashing in deal or no deal then stick a dvd in the drive...any one will do.......

11. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    What would "game default" option be?
    As I understand it, the game uses the console default language, and with this setting you can override the console language, so by leaving this setting to console would be the same as just running the game normally..
    Let me know if there's more to it...?

12. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    You can copy the contents of the inSDroot directory to your SD card, with this you'll get an entry in the homebrew channel, from where you can start the sd/usb loader.

In folder usb-loader there is a bunch of sample files, including various background, config files and covers.
    Only config.txt and background.png and covers/*.png are used by default, you can remove the rest.
    It's true, there's a lot of stuff in there, I might clean it up a little bit in the next package...

13. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Yes, I'll add a parameter to select which device to use, it annoys me as well [​IMG]

Regarding the forwarder, I have to check, I don't use the forwarder channels much.
    Anyone here uses a nice usb loader channel forwarder?
    I'll let you know...

14. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Have you tried different video options? (game, system, patch)
    By enabling buttons=ultimate you can change that runtime instead of editing the config...
    Or, as suggested, you can try with a game dvd insterted, or maybe with the original waninkoko loader.
    Please let me know if you can or can't make it work.

By enabling simple mode, you can't add or remove games and can't save or remove per-game settings, but they are still used if saved previously.

15. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    There aren't any limits, and yes I experienced crashing with some coordinate locations, no idea yet why this is happening.
    You can try moving the location by a pixel or two in any direction to see if it helps, it worked for me when i experienced a crash.
    btw, I tried the coords you mentioned and it works for me with cfg v7. What are your other settings?

16. sheridan2000

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    uk
    Thanks for that...i managed to work it out after all..i take it the name of the PNG file has to be the RV2KL number and not the actual name you call it yourself..??

17. steve-p

steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    can you add an option to remove the confirmation when selecting a game to load please.
    pressing A twice is anoying. [​IMG]

18. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Yes!

19. oggzee
    OP

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    The game cover is a 6-character game ID.
    A good source for the covers is here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147862&st=0

20. MadBob

MadBob Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Nov 6, 2002
    Deal or no Deal does work with a disc in the drive!

How do I go about changing the video modes for individual games? the only way I can find is to edit the config.txt file and then save the game settings and edit the config.txt to the next video mode for the next game etc. is there any way to do this on the fly?