Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the best loader I don't know why that damn "Ultimate" USB Loader is more popular when this can mimic it and any other loader design with a few simple config option changes

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiiztec said:
This is the best loader I don't know why that damn "Ultimate" USB Loader is more popular when this can mimic it and any other loader design with a few simple config option changes

I guess it's because this one doesn't have a Cool Name
biggrin.gif

But anyway, features are being merged back and forth, so both loaders are getting similar...

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
wiiztec said:

I guess it's because this one doesn't have a Cool Name
biggrin.gif

But anyway, features are being merged back and forth, so both loaders are getting similar...

That's true.

I want to say thank you for saving me time to implement the config options =)

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
# language = [console], Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish,
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂItalian, Dutch, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Korean

No game default option for language?

sheridan2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
sheridan2000 said:
do i just use the dol file to run all this....how do i install??

You need to now how to USE the entire Homebrew Channel and the SD card to be able to use any homebrew in the Wii, please read a lot...!!
smile.gif

I know it sounds stupid but i have HBC and i have usb loader 1.1 plus cios v 9 already on my system. But there are so many folders and files in this package that im confused what is actually needed to run this loader......
unsure.gif

lorier

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

Thank you for this great loader !
Is it possible to add a parameter to skip SD / USB choice and autolaunch to USB?

Is there a channel forwarder that I can use with Configurable loader ?

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lorier said:
hello,

Is it possible to add a parameter to skip SD / USB choice and autolaunch to USB?

I've wondered about both your questions also.

Thanks,
Kizer

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
NEW: cfg v7:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmy2n3dtzzh/...Loader_cfg7.zip
Changes:
- Added per-game saved settings (video, language, ocarina)
Per-game settings can be saved/forgotten in the start game screen with button 2.
The settings are saved to sd:/usb-loader/settings.cfg

I get flickering to the point of causing epilepsy on loading "Deal or no Deal - the banker is back PAL" as Waninkoko's 1.1 release fixed this problem; and every custom version I have used since hasn't, I assume that it is the video mode setting. anyone have a suggested setting?

Also "Sims 2 Castaway" freezes at the loading feet (when continuing an existing game) any ideas what could cause this? everything I read says it works. I have deleted and re-ripped, original disc works fine.

Also I take it that using simple mode I cannot access settings? so I would have to setup using full mode and then edit back to simple mode to allow loading without giving access to everything.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Knocks said:
Code:
# language = [console], Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish,
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂItalian, Dutch, S.Chinese, T.Chinese, Korean

No game default option for language?

What would "game default" option be?
As I understand it, the game uses the console default language, and with this setting you can override the console language, so by leaving this setting to console would be the same as just running the game normally..
Let me know if there's more to it...?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
sheridan2000 said:
I know it sounds stupid but i have HBC and i have usb loader 1.1 plus cios v 9 already on my system. But there are so many folders and files in this package that im confused what is actually needed to run this loader......
unsure.gif

You can copy the contents of the inSDroot directory to your SD card, with this you'll get an entry in the homebrew channel, from where you can start the sd/usb loader.

In folder usb-loader there is a bunch of sample files, including various background, config files and covers.
Only config.txt and background.png and covers/*.png are used by default, you can remove the rest.
It's true, there's a lot of stuff in there, I might clean it up a little bit in the next package...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lorier said:
hello,

Yes, I'll add a parameter to select which device to use, it annoys me as well
wink.gif

Regarding the forwarder, I have to check, I don't use the forwarder channels much.
Anyone here uses a nice usb loader channel forwarder?
I'll let you know...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MadBob said:
I get flickering to the point of causing epilepsy on loading "Deal or no Deal - the banker is back PAL" as Waninkoko's 1.1 release fixed this problem; and every custom version I have used since hasn't, I assume that it is the video mode setting. anyone have a suggested setting?

Also "Sims 2 Castaway" freezes at the loading feet (when continuing an existing game) any ideas what could cause this? everything I read says it works. I have deleted and re-ripped, original disc works fine.

Also I take it that using simple mode I cannot access settings? so I would have to setup using full mode and then edit back to simple mode to allow loading without giving access to everything.

Have you tried different video options? (game, system, patch)
By enabling buttons=ultimate you can change that runtime instead of editing the config...
Or, as suggested, you can try with a game dvd insterted, or maybe with the original waninkoko loader.
Please let me know if you can or can't make it work.

By enabling simple mode, you can't add or remove games and can't save or remove per-game settings, but they are still used if saved previously.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dodol said:
I'm wondering about the coordinate limit, I experience hang if I set
covers_coords=24,102

There aren't any limits, and yes I experienced crashing with some coordinate locations, no idea yet why this is happening.
You can try moving the location by a pixel or two in any direction to see if it helps, it worked for me when i experienced a crash.
btw, I tried the coords you mentioned and it works for me with cfg v7. What are your other settings?

sheridan2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
sheridan2000 said:
unsure.gif

You can copy the contents of the inSDroot directory to your SD card, with this you'll get an entry in the homebrew channel, from where you can start the sd/usb loader.

In folder usb-loader there is a bunch of sample files, including various background, config files and covers.
Only config.txt and background.png and covers/*.png are used by default, you can remove the rest.
It's true, there's a lot of stuff in there, I might clean it up a little bit in the next package...

Thanks for that...i managed to work it out after all..i take it the name of the PNG file has to be the RV2KL number and not the actual name you call it yourself..??

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
can you add an option to remove the confirmation when selecting a game to load please.
pressing A twice is anoying.
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lorier said:
hello,

About forwarder, yes you can use this one:

[url=http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER_FORWARDER.rar]http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER_FORWARDER.rar[/url]

I have tested it and it works fine for me.

It will load boot.dol from sd:/apps/USBLoader/boot.dol
So you'll have to rename /apps/usbloader_cfg to /apps/USBLoader.
I will include this forwarder and a proper location in the next release.

Posts merged

QUOTE(steve-p @ Apr 14 2009, 07:27 PM) can you add an option to remove the confirmation when selecting a game to load please.
pressing A twice is anoying.
smile.gif

Yes!

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deal or no Deal does work with a disc in the drive!

How do I go about changing the video modes for individual games? the only way I can find is to edit the config.txt file and then save the game settings and edit the config.txt to the next video mode for the next game etc. is there any way to do this on the fly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot