Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
malaac said:
Help I try to play Tales of Grace and all I get is a black screen.. STGJAF
People need more info to help you...
well, i'm not gonna help him, because i'm pretty sure STGJAF means stupid teenage girls jam ass frequently, and i'm not assisting anyone with that sort of potty mouth, no matter how true the sentiment may be.

its probably cios related, though.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like cheats are dead, lest for me. I get a black screen when ever I try to play with cheats on regardless of the Wii game.

YuriCPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
rafao said:
I'm speak how folder i put my alt dol files.
I'm saying you don't need any.

If you want to use the SD method with external dols, it is linked to on the page I linked earlier. You just put them in the base directory named via the game name. However, there is nothing that I know of that would benefit from that old procedure.

Tranlating for Rafao:

Cara, você não precisa de alt dol no configurable. È tudo automático: Seleciona alt dol no menu (aperta pra direita) e pronto.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Slimmmmmm said:
malaac said:
Help I try to play Tales of Grace and all I get is a black screen.. STGJAF
People need more info to help you...
well, i'm not gonna help him, because i'm pretty sure STGJAF means stupid teenage girls jam ass frequently, and i'm not assisting anyone with that sort of potty mouth, no matter how true the sentiment may be.

its probably cios related, though.

Very funny.. STGJAF is the name of the game.. the code name WII uses.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have there been any reported problems of black screens while booting the Wii Backup Disc (pink fish one) in the loader? I tried to play Wii Backup Disc just now, and all I got was a black screen.
I have IOS16 v257 installed, loader is using Hermes' cIOS222, FAT partition.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little League World Series Double Play does not play right in CFG USB loader.
I don't have another loader to try soI can't say it works right at all.

What is happening is when I launch it with the defualt settings it goes to the White warning screen and then to the developer credits and then to a menu where I can choose LLBB 2008 or LLBB2009.

When I choose either I get a black screenwith no sound either and eventually a message comes up on my TV that says "No Input".

This typically happens when then game settings are set wrong.

For example it's a PAL game and it has to be forced to NTSC.

I've tried different games settings System default, Game default, Force to NTSC.

It is an NTSC game and and NTSC TV.

I've tried launching it with alternate Dols.

launcherM.dol gives me the same results as above.

launcher2M.dol skips the white warning screen and the developer credits and goes straight to the menu to choose 2008 or 2009. Same results as above regardlessof which game I choose.

llb1M takes me directly to LLBB 2008 and it plays fine.

llb2M takes me directly to LLBB 2009 and it plays fine.

Any ideas what the correct settings might be?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
transam81 said:
sounds like you found the correct settings.the disc has two games so you must load the dol for the game you want to play.
I agree. That's exactly the operation I'd expect from an IOS reloading game with multiple dols.

Here's the input for a .wdm of the game if you want to use alt dol disc plus:

CODE2
Play LLBB 2008
llb1M
Play LLBB 2009
llb2M

You just create a text file named SLI.wdm in the base directory of Cfg with the above content and save the setting as "disc" and then Cfg will ask you whether you want to "Play LLBB 2008" or "Play LLBB2009" when you launch the game.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v58b (beta)
cfg58b.dol
cfg58b-222.dol
lang58b.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v58b (beta)
* Improved IOS base detection (from NeoGamma - by WiiPower)
* Added wiird setting to global options screen.
(If the gecko is not connected the option is inactive)
* New option: debug_gecko = [0],1,2,3
write debug info to usb gecko

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
transam81 said:
sounds like you found the correct settings.the disc has two games so you must load the dol for the game you want to play.
I agree. That's exactly the operation I'd expect from an IOS reloading game with multiple dols.

Here's the input for a .wdm of the game if you want to use alt dol disc plus:

CODE2
Play LLBB 2008
llb1M
Play LLBB 2009
llb2M

You just create a text file named SLI.wdm in the base directory of Cfg with the above content and save the setting as "disc" and then Cfg will ask you whether you want to "Play LLBB 2008" or "Play LLBB2009" when you launch the game.

Thanks Dr. Clipper.

That worked just fine.

If I had another game that wazs setup the same (not that I do right now) would I make another SLI.wdm file and would it be named diffeferently or woul I addthe options to that one file?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
If I had another game that wazs setup the same (not that I do right now) would I make another SLI.wdm file and would it be named diffeferently or woul I addthe options to that one file?
It's named SLI.wdm because the ID of the game is SLIE. But yes, this will work with any alt dol game if you name it right. You can find some more .wdm files here.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I updated my Spanish translation with the 58b version, you can find it here:
CFG USB Loader ES (Spanish)
-------------
BTW, with IOS 58, now Forwarders to CFG USB Loader doesn't work fine, doesn't "detect" the HDD, only in HBC 1.08, the only way to make it work, is using HBC 1.08, launch CFG, exit and go to the forwarder in Wii Menu.
If you power off the Wii and power on, and go to the forwarder again, the same HDD issue and you need to do the HBC "trick" again.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
I updated my Spanish translation with the 58b version, you can find it here:
CFG USB Loader ES (Spanish)
-------------
BTW, with IOS 58, now Forwarders to CFG USB Loader doesn't work fine, doesn't "detect" the HDD, only in HBC 1.08, the only way to make it work, is using HBC 1.08, launch CFG, exit and go to the forwarder in Wii Menu.
If you power off the Wii and power on, and go to the forwarder again, the same HDD issue and you need to do the HBC "trick" again.
Seems to work fine from forwarder for me!
The forwarder doesnt even go near HBC on loading.
Do you have priloader and maybe its set to load 249 as the system menu ios?

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
tankdagger said:
tankdagger said:
I'm new to this forum and using a backup loader tool with my WII. I recently acquired my WII and it included System Menu 4.3u. This morning I was able to get Homebrew 1.0.8 installed and working but now would like to add Configurable USB Loader onto it. Will the normal directions apply for my configuration? I noticed on the Homebrew site that custom IOS is frowned upon and could cause problems and that the newest version of Homebrew includes hardware access. Any help anyone could offer to get me started would be great.

Thanks!

So, I got pretty far on the setup of my Wii for Configurable USB Loader using the tutorial here: http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader but when I got to the point of installing Hermes v4 I hit a snag. I attempted to select IOS222 and chose merge 37 with 38 and get a hash bad error message. Afterwards, I tried every permutation possible (223 with 38, 222 with 38, each with the 38/60 merge as well) with no luck. I even tried the NUS_Downloader and still received the same same message. I also tried going back to using the cIOS installer version 17 instead of 20 for cIOS 249 and still had no luck. Is there any known issues here or has someone run across this? I have been looking on the web the last day trying to find a solution and it seems that none of these work for me.

Thanks in advance
There have been increasing occurrences of this error lately and I'm not completely sure what is wrong. You should be using IOS236 to install IOS222. Also, make sure you delete any folders on the SD card that are all numbers first.

Just some info I found when testing the 4.3 update. Hermes installer (or something along the way) doesn't like IOS36v3607 and you wind up with the hash errors, so if you've used TBR to patch IOS36v3607 as 36 or 236, it will fail. If you use IOS36v3351 however, the installer has no problems.

D

Deleted User

buddy said:
Dr. Clipper said:
There have been increasing occurrences of this error lately and I'm not completely sure what is wrong. You should be using IOS236 to install IOS222. Also, make sure you delete any folders on the SD card that are all numbers first.

Just some info I found when testing the 4.3 update. Hermes installer (or something along the way) doesn't like IOS36v3607 and you wind up with the hash errors, so if you've used TBR to patch IOS36v3607 as 36 or 236, it will fail. If you use IOS36v3351 however, the installer has no problems.
I seem to be running across this issue today. Trying to reinstall IOS222/223 and I'm getting the bad hash errors when simply following the tutorial steps. I have IOS236 and am using that to try and get IOS222, but no joy. Even tried redownloading using NUS downloader and copying all the IOS files again.

Clipper, I don't fully understand when you say "make sure there are no folders on the SD card that all numbers first" since isn't this how you install IOS files offline? (Have to do this as I"ve found just about every Homebrew installer out there hates my LAN adapter.)

Buddy, what do you mean by "use IOS36v3351?" Does this mean I use TBR to also install IOS36v3351 in addition to the steps here? http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 Is this safe?

Karpo_007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Few questions: Is it possible to hide title ID and game size from the confirm launch dialogue so it would only show title and description? Is it possible to customize the console font? Any chance for an option to auto initialize network in the background and check for updates or at least initialize on start up so it would be ready when you proceed to do so manually?

Thank you for this excellent loader.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bananaslug79 said:
buddy said:
Dr. Clipper said:

I seem to be running across this issue today. Trying to reinstall IOS222/223 and I'm getting the bad hash errors when simply following the tutorial steps. I have IOS236 and am using that to try and get IOS222, but no joy. Even tried redownloading using NUS downloader and copying all the IOS files again.

Clipper, I don't fully understand when you say "make sure there are no folders on the SD card that all numbers first" since isn't this how you install IOS files offline? (Have to do this as I"ve found just about every Homebrew installer out there hates my LAN adapter.)

Buddy, what do you mean by "use IOS36v3351?" Does this mean I use TBR to also install IOS36v3351 in addition to the steps here? http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 Is this safe?
Using IOS36v3351 means using TBR 1.12 or earlier. That actually might solve the problem.

As for the make sure to remove those folders part, I was thinking you might already have a bad version installed on there and just using that idea to start from scratch. It doesn't seem to work, though.

For the moment, try using TBR 1.12 (you can find the link in the 4.2 steps of the IOS236 page) and use IOS236 to install a new fully patched IOS36 over the IOS236 slot. That will then have your IOS236 based off of v3351 rather than v3607. If that solves your problem and allows you to install Hermes' IOSes without hash bad errors, then I'll release a new version of TBR Mod which fixes things.

QUOTE(Karpo_007 @ Aug 23 2010, 04:37 AM)
Few questions: Is it possible to hide title ID and game size from the confirm launch dialogue so it would only show title and description? Is it possible to customize the console font? Any chance for an option to auto initialize network in the background and check for updates or at least initialize on start up so it would be ready when you proceed to do so manually?

Thank you for this excellent loader.
None of the things you talk about are possible right now. You can customise the console font, but only for the non-Latin characters (so for Asian languages and so on). Auto-initialisation of Internet would be a question I'd leave up to oggzee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol