1. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    This will fix it, a mod is released in a german forum on the 13. Aug. that uses v3351 again to fix the bad hash error.
    http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board4-wii-h...-mod-4-3-by-r2/

2. K.Wall.24

K.Wall.24 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have one feature suggestion - channel creation. I play certain games numerous times, and having to go into CFG USB Loader every time is a pain. So, if we have an option on the game's options page to create a channel for that game, that would be awesome. The only problem is getting it so that whatever settings you have in CFG for that game are applied to the channel. Just a thought

3. toejam316

toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Actually, that's a pretty awesome idea - an integrated channel creator and installer that just uses the game data + your config + a copy of whatever dol for CFG you're using.
    The only thing is it should be forceably disabled unless it can detect priiloader, for safety.

4. Sacohen9665

Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Strange issue.

I set up a System for my son at my mother's house for the times he is there after school and such.

The WiFi is enabled and working, HBC sees the network, but when I try to update the loader or look for covers CFG USB loader can not find a network.

5. K.Wall.24

K.Wall.24 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Or have it check for preloader, priiloader, and bootmii, if it can find access to the boot2. I have no clue if it's possible, but I know I hate pre/priiloader because it seems to mess with the sound and channel start times on my machine, so I stick to bootmii, although, I guess it could check for it as boot2 and IOS (i have both types installed). This part of the channel creation, though, is like the icing on the cake - not really necessary, but it makes it so much better.

6. wiixale

wiixale GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Are you looking for something like this or I understood wrong?

7. Dr. Clipper

Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

To anyone who was getting the hash bad error, reinstall IOS236 with the new method I released this morning. It is much simpler than TBR (no downgrading necessary any more) and it is confirmed to fix the hash bad error for some people (which does seem related to version).

As for channel creation, we are not going to add it. There are other apps for that, and if we started doing it, there's a high chance we could brick Wiis if there are only minor errors. Use the other programs.

8. Daileon

Daileon GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi Dr. Clipper and CFG Loader team, it's me again.

Since NCARD is VERY buggy, I've created a similar system for the moment.

I've called it www.wiinnertag.com

I've done the changes in the CFG Loader source code, and some (20+) are using it and it is working with no problem. The changes are VERY minor, and have no impact in the functionality, since the functionality is mainly on the server side.

It features backgrounds of various sizes, and completely configurable, from the texts that are exhibited, to the number and type of covers of the tag.

The changes can be found in the patch file (included in the pack available in the site, or at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R4BINJLW).

Can you please consider adding it to the features of the official CFG Loader version? [​IMG]

An example of the images that the system generates (the "No Image" pics are from games that don't have covers in WiiTDB):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. r3dcat

r3dcat Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I am using Configurable USB Loader v58b; 4.2E; Hermes cIOS 222 v4 38 merged 37 and have noticed a problem with running two new games

Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails [ST4PNX]

We Sing: Encore [SSEPNG]

Configurable USB Loader hangs when trying to load both of these games!

This is what happens:
    1. I mouse over the cover
    2. Press A
    3. Press A to continue
    4. Screen reads and freezes with the following:
    Booting Wii game, please wait
    IOS (222) mload [FAT]
    loading ............

Can anyone else confirm this behavior for these games???

All my other games still run fine so I am not sure if these two new games are a bad copy or weather there is an issue playing them with Config loader ???

10. oggzee

OP oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    Good job. Sure we will consider it.

edit: reviewed the patch, looks nice and simple, we will include it.
    btw, the instructions on your site have mixed up the config file names between cfg and gx.
    also, the loader source version you based this on is 57 release not 58a, that's not on the public svn yet.

oh and another thing, you have a minor bug:

if (CFG.wiinnertag_key)

should be

if (*CFG.wiinnertag_key)

right?

11. User423

User423 GBAtemp Fan

I was like "WTF?!" after reading your code in main.c. [​IMG]

How does the Magic-Stuff work?
    So at the last step it asks you THE question and if you answer bad then it sets the Magic Value, but where does it store it to check how many times you´ve tried it?

12. Dr. Clipper

@Daileon: In addition to what oggzee said, cna you answer me some quick questions?

Do either NCard or WinnerTag allow a key of 0? Also, what form can these keys legitimately take (letters, numbers, hex, ...) and what is their maximum number of characters?

A good magician never reveals his secrets (although they are pretty transparent in this case).

13. Daileon

Daileon GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    A legitimate key could not be "zero".

The key is formed by a max of 36 characters in hex alphabet.

Let me know if there's any question [​IMG]

14. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    hmm here's a tricky one.

I've bought a new USB HDD caddy and the drive has been FAT32 formatted and a few games installed to it, however Config USB Loader v58b gives me the 'wait 30 seconds' when it starts as it tries to detect the HDD, then it fails.

I'm using the following if it's any help:

Config USB Loader v58b (cfg58b.dol)
    I have Waninkoko's rev 19 installed as 249, Herme's v4 as 222 and 223, 4.0E system

The USB HDD is definately visible and accessible by other programs such as WiiMC, Wii2600, HBC v1.03 (no, I haven't updated), Snes9xGX etc.

Any suggestions or further info needed?

15. Dr. Clipper

Try using IOS222 and the -222 version of Cfg.

16. Daileon

Daileon GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yes, the update page returns messages accordingly to the result of the update:

Invalid key message:
    "ERROR: Invalid key, please verify"

Invalid GameID:
    "ERROR: Invalid GameID, please verify"

Valid data:
    "Update completed!"

These were meant to be for debug only, but you can use it [​IMG]

17. pedimaisum

pedimaisum GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi Dr. Clipper. A little Question (sorry if this has already been answered, is that I read the posts and not found an answer):

I actually use the 57 final release and for me is the best release until now. I have NO problems whit all combos of configurations and ios and different games, including the more problematic games.

I load CFG by a pepxl forwarder DCFG (the dark one), and have this: 4.2U, HBC 1.0.6, Wanin' rev 17 in 249, 20b in 250, hermes v4 222/223 and ios 58 intalled.

I want to try the 58 "a" and "b" and the "winnertag" mod version. My question is: I MUST have the new HBC 1.0.8 and new hackmii stuffs to try the new versions of CFG from now, or I can continue updating my .dol's without problem with my configs?

Thanks!

18. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Unfortuantely no go with that version either, it does the same thing (time out after 30 seconds) - yet the USB HDD works with all other Wii games / emulators / utilities I've tried so far (and some versions of software haven't been updated in ages, so they're not all using IOS58 or similar).

I haven't tried any other USB loaders though as yet.

The USB HDD has a 2 port USB HUB built in, could that be confusing Config USB Loader?

Also I can provide LSUSB outputs if wanted.

Thanks for your help Dr. Clipper.

19. Patrick444

Patrick444 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just want to say thank you to Dr.Clipper for your help! You rock!

20. Dr. Clipper

You're welcome [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Configurable, Loader,