Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
How do i set the home key(or any other key) to Pune?
For the game list and GUI:
Code:
button_H = Pune
For the menus as well:
Code:
home = Pune
You can use both to get different actions in the game list and menus, e.g.:
Code:
home = reboot
button_H = Pune
In that case, pushing Home in any of the menus will make Cfg reboot itself (useful for a restart after updating, maybe), while pushing Home while at the GUI or game list screens will take you to the Wii Menu.

Finally, you can also change the "home" button/s with the button_exit option:
CODEbutton_exit = X,Y,H

In this case, you could now perform the action assigned to the "home" option with the X or Y buttons in menus (as well as Home). Set the button_X and/or button_Y options to also configure the game list/GUI action for those buttons.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
Damnit with Priiloader autoboot to cfg with a forwarder, when i'm in a game and i click wii menu, it gives me a code dump error every single time. I'm guessing the solution would be change the forwarder, anyone have a link to priiloader compatible forwarder with the latest version of cfg loader?
i use micks forwarder and dont have a problem its in this thread a fair few pages back and im capped so not gonna search for it but if u search my name in this thread u will eventually find it

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
davidw89 said:
Damnit with Priiloader autoboot to cfg with a forwarder, when i'm in a game and i click wii menu, it gives me a code dump error every single time. I'm guessing the solution would be change the forwarder, anyone have a link to priiloader compatible forwarder with the latest version of cfg loader?
i use micks forwarder and dont have a problem its in this thread a fair few pages back and im capped so not gonna search for it but if u search my name in this thread u will eventually find it

Here you go:

http://www.zshare.net/download/73001174a18cb56b/

Thanks,

Mick

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I apologize if this has been answered already, I have read up on alt-dol disk+ since its initial release, but I didn't attempt to use it until yesterday.

I launched MPT using disk+ and cIOSrev19[57], I got to the main menu, but it reset after I tried launching a game (however I did manage to set up a profile on Normal difficulty).

My question is this... how is this different from using the alt-dol method? If I use disk+ on MPT to launch MP3, it still loads MP3 on veteran difficulty right? Couldn't we do this before using alt-dols?

I am obviously missing something... but I thought disk+ was supposed to fix IOS reloading...

I apologize for asking a question on a feature that was released weeks ago, and thanks in advance to anyone who offers any answers (most likely Dr. Clipper)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
I am obviously missing something... but I thought disk+ was supposed to fix IOS reloading...

Sorry, but i really think you do. Disc+ will give you options in the loader to do basically the same as regular alt .dol loading, but with nice names for the options. For Sam & Max it also allows to pass a parameter to boot one of the episodes directly, but this doesn't work for MPT.

Disc+ is not supposed to fix the whole IOS Reload problem, it's just a workaround that works for _some_ games.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thanks for the answer wiipower... that clarifies everything

one more Q though, is it hypothetically possible for the MPT wdm file to get updated to allow loading the multiplayer mode or one of the games on normal difficulty (instead of veteran)? Or is this beyond the capabilities of disk+?

Even if this were possible, for this to happen, it would require someone to look really closely at the game to update the wdm file... I'm just curious as to the potential applications of disk+

thanks again!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
thanks for the answer wiipower... that clarifies everything

one more Q though, is it hypothetically possible for the MPT wdm file to get updated to allow loading the multiplayer mode or one of the games on normal difficulty (instead of veteran)? Or is this beyond the capabilities of disk+?

Even if this were possible, for this to happen, it would require someone to look really closely at the game to update the wdm file... I'm just curious as to the potential applications of disk+

thanks again!

I wasn't able to retrieve the values for Sam & Max AFTER i knew them. The values came from someone who disassembled the main.dol. But in theory there should be some way to boot MPT into other difficulties or MP, the main.dol of the game prooves it.

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:

Update Priiloader to 3.0c r77 then use can use any of the standard forwarders from page 1.

I use the (Universal) Forwarder Channel: (by Narolez) which works fine.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Would those with those 1024 sector size drives please try formatting the drive to WBFS (try formatting with Cfg first)? The code that oggzee added to fix 4k sector size drives only supports WBFS formats, but it should get 1k sector size drives working too theoretically.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
Would those with those 1024 sector size drives please try formatting the drive to WBFS (try formatting with Cfg first)? The code that oggzee added to fix 4k sector size drives only supports WBFS formats, but it should get 1k sector size drives working too theoretically.

Negative. I tried with my Samsung S2 before. It freezes at the CFG loading screen so it's not possible to even reach the main menu to format..

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the 222 version of v56 with an NTFS drive, but I can't install anything through the loader due to lack of free space. In fact I actually have 7.8 GB free, but the loader reports I have 0. I'm sure this is due to the sparse allocation on the scrubbed images causing the drive to report 31 GB of files while it is only 16 GB.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear :
adding "video_patch = 1"
to the config on my ntsc wii will force all games to ntsc?
so if I add a pal version game to the loader it will be
automaticly forced to ntsc ..

Also is there a setting I can add to the config to change the game font
(the one with full covers on bottom center ) to something not so bold
(Comic Sans MS ) perhaps ?

..Thanks Bud

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Negative. I tried with my Samsung S2 before. It freezes at the CFG loading screen so it's not possible to even reach the main menu to format..
OK, can you please try some WBFS Managers to format it then?

AXYPB said:
I'm using the 222 version of v56 with an NTFS drive, but I can't install anything through the loader due to lack of free space. In fact I actually have 7.8 GB free, but the loader reports I have 0. I'm sure this is due to the sparse allocation on the scrubbed images causing the drive to report 31 GB of files while it is only 16 GB.
NTFS is read-only. It has nothing to do with sparse files etc.

QUOTE(Budweiser @ Mar 27 2010, 01:59 PM)
Just to be clear :
adding "video_patch = 1"

..Thanks Bud
video=ntsc will force the video to NTSC. A lot of games won't like it, though. You should also confirm that your TV can't display the PAL games with the original default first, though. The video patch option is a different way of tweaking the video method. It may help get some games working, but it is really up to your TV.

You can change the font to any font you like with the Configurator. Here's instructions:
[*]Click "Install all files" button[*]Set the base directory if it isn't set by default for you[*]Click "Select Installed Font" for the GUI Font Image[*]Choose your font (including point size and bold etc.).[*]Click the big Install/Create button[*]The font file will be created for you and copied to the base directory for you.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AXYPB said:

READONLY means NOT WRITING as in NOT INSTALLING

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
XFlak said:

Sorry, but i really think you do. Disc+ will give you options in the loader to do basically the same as regular alt .dol loading, but with nice names for the options. For Sam & Max it also allows to pass a parameter to boot one of the episodes directly, but this doesn't work for MPT.

Disc+ is not supposed to fix the whole IOS Reload problem, it's just a workaround that works for _some_ games.

Is there any possibility of having maybe an "Ask" option for games, utilizing Disc+? In other words, would it be possible when I select Metroid Prime Trilogy to have a box pop up and ask which of the four (including main menu) possibilities I want to play? The same goes for House of the Dead 2/3, and I'm sure a couple others that I don't own. I keep parental controls on so that nobody can mess with my options, but then that also makes it impossible for people to change which game of MPT they want to boot.

I think it'd be helpful to more than just me.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Is there any possibility of having maybe an "Ask" option for games, utilizing Disc+? In other words, would it be possible when I select Metroid Prime Trilogy to have a box pop up and ask which of the four (including main menu) possibilities I want to play? The same goes for House of the Dead 2/3, and I'm sure a couple others that I don't own. I keep parental controls on so that nobody can mess with my options, but then that also makes it impossible for people to change which game of MPT they want to boot.

I think it'd be helpful to more than just me.
The "disc" value for the alt dol option on its own is an ask option.

arevir711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enabled play log in my config file but the message board only displays the game as "other".
Am I missing something? I have priiloader forward to system menu.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
wink.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
Bloodlust said:
OK, can you please try some WBFS Managers to format it then?

AXYPB said:
NTFS is read-only. It has nothing to do with sparse files etc.

QUOTE(Budweiser @ Mar 27 2010, 01:59 PM)
Just to be clear :
adding "video_patch = 1"

..Thanks Bud
video=ntsc will force the video to NTSC. A lot of games won't like it, though. You should also confirm that your TV can't display the PAL games with the original default first, though. The video patch option is a different way of tweaking the video method. It may help get some games working, but it is really up to your TV.

You can change the font to any font you like with the Configurator. Here's instructions:[*]Click "Install all files" button[*]Set the base directory if it isn't set by default for you[*]Click "Select Installed Font" for the GUI Font Image[*]Choose your font (including point size and bold etc.).[*]Click the big Install/Create button[*]The font file will be created for you and copied to the base directory for you.

When CFG didn't work with it I gave up and used it as a backup for data... no can do now sorry...
unsure.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arevir711 said:
I enabled play log in my config file but the message board only displays the game as "other".
Am I missing something? I have priiloader forward to system menu.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
wink.gif
It only shows the first 10 or so games for each day, everything else goes into "Other".

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a problem with CFG USB Loader that I did not have with other loaders.
When I press the home button inside a game and choose to go to "Wii menu" the screen goes black and need to power off the Wii.
If I do the same inside the CFG USB Loader it goes back to the Wii menu as it should.

Is this a known issue or is it something wrong at my place?

Edit:

I'm on IOS249 Rev 12 but i'm running USB Loader with CIOS 222...

Edit2:

Found the problem... It was the Block IOS Reload....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-