Hacking Configurable USB Loader

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
chaseincats said:
can someone briefly explain how to play .wbfs games off of a fat32 formatted SD card

when I start config usb loader it says waiting for wbfs partition mount

I have waninkoko cios rev17 and hermes 222/223 installed

any ideas?
-chaseincats
Delete or alter the settings for "device" and "partition" in settings.cfg. Then, add "device=sdhc" and "partition=fat1" to config.txt. It's also probably worth adding "ios=249" or ensuring you are using the plain version of the loader rather than the -222 one.

alright, so I did that and now it allows me to choose my input device at start but when I click sdhc it says no games found when I have a .wbfs formatted game in the root
maybe theirs something wrong with the code any suggestions?

config.txt
Code:
theme = BlueMatrix
profile_names = default
partition = FAT1
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
fix_002 = 1
device = sdhc

settings.cfg
CODE
# CFG USB Loader settings file v54
# Note: This file was generated by Cfg Loader Configurator v54.2
# Global Settings:
device = sd
theme = NXE_transparent
gui_style = carousel
gui_rows = 1
profile = default
partition = FAT1

# Profiles: 1
[profile=default]

# Hidden Games: 1
hide_game = __CF

# Game Options: 0
#END

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
chaseincats said:
alright, so I did that and now it allows me to choose my input device at start but when I click sdhc it says no games found when I have a .wbfs formatted game in the root
I strongly suggest you either try installing a game from a retail disc onto the card, or reading the first post of this thread. Either of those tasks will likely highlight your error.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
chaseincats said:
I strongly suggest you either try installing a game from a retail disc onto the card, or reading the first post of this thread. Either of those tasks will likely highlight your error.

?

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this i a noob question, but can CFG be used to play Wiiware/VC games as well, that would be awesome! Tried uloader but the interface is horrible and i get a black screen whenever i try to launch a game (hermes 222).

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
e2zippo said:
Sorry if this i a noob question, but can CFG be used to play Wiiware/VC games as well, that would be awesome! Tried uloader but the interface is horrible and i get a black screen whenever i try to launch a game (hermes 222).

simple answer, no

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
e2zippo said:
You can map any channel you have installed on your Wii (such as a VC game) to any of the buttons in config.txt, so technically yes
smile.gif

QUOTE(PNo4 @ Mar 8 2010, 09:32 PM) So is it recommended to move up from cIOS rev17 to cIOS rev19 ?
Yes.

agimann

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
when i add cfg forwarder (any of the 3 i found) to auto-boot using priiloader it just boots to black screen, but when i auto-boot from cfg.dol (not forwarder) it succeeds in booting into. what can prevent it? i have both usbloader folder in sd:/apps/ and usb:/apps/, hmm

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I use baduncle's forwarder to boot "SD:\apps\USBLoader_cfg" and it works fine (can't tell whether the "_cfg" suffix in the foldername is required, but it might be).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Budweiser said:
The-Magician said:
Dr. Clipper said:
PNo4 said:
So is it recommended to move up from cIOS rev17 to cIOS rev19 ?
Yes.

Is this because 17 is so bad. Or 19 is so good?
I am still on 14 is it wise to install 19 as well ?

I am also curious about this , I'm on 14 , wise to upgrade?
Yes.

Posts merged

QUOTE(jass @ Mar 8 2010, 04:44 PM)
Does the NTFS support with CIOS 249 rev.19 is full read / write or read only?
thanks
The cios has no role in ntfs write since the ntfs library is in the loader, not in the cios.
So, no, nothing has changed in that regard. For the moment, ntfs is still readonly.

XGekoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
e2zippo said:
You can map any channel you have installed on your Wii (such as a VC game) to any of the buttons in config.txt, so technically yes
smile.gif

Scuse me,but what i can map the config.txt for play whit my VC Game?

agimann

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Wever said:
I use baduncle's forwarder to boot "SD:\apps\USBLoader_cfg" and it works fine (can't tell whether the "_cfg" suffix in the foldername is required, but it might be).

thank you,i`ll try it! that way we can update much quicker and more convenient.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
fyi, newer unofficial version of priiloader have fixed launching an installed file (next official release will also include this fix), so u can still use NForwarder to forward/launch configurable usb loader... which is better than bad uncles file (no disrespect @ bad uncle, his version worked for us when no other version could, but now the original cfg forwarder is working again, so in my opinion, bad uncles file has served its purpose and we can now revert to the original Nforwarder file).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Well that was awkward.