chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wulfie said:
chaseincats said:
thats what I was going ask

is their a specific directory i put the .wbfs games in?

.wbfs files go in the /wbfs folder on the root of your drive/partition

alright, did that and it showed up!

then i tried to launch the game and it went through some code
switching to 222 [fat]
then ios 38 v4 or something

then it stopped and the wii disk light started to flash in a series of threes

1 2 3 break 1 2 3 etc

what does this mean?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
XGekoX said:
Scuse me,but what i can map the config.txt for play whit my VC Game?
You need to get the channel IDs, and then you can map buttons to launch that channel. E.g., to map the 2 button to play StarTropics II (PAL), which has the channel ID "FERM", you can add "button_2=FERM" to config.txt and button_2 will then launch the StarTropics II game. To get the Channel IDs of your other games/channels, use AnyTitle Deleter Mod or any of the title lister apps (there's a list online somewhere too).

QUOTE(chaseincats @ Mar 9 2010, 04:58 AM) what does this mean?
It means:[*]You are not using the latest version of Cfg[*]You are not using the -fat version of the version fo Cfg you are using[*]Your IOS222 is likely a stub or not installed properly[*]If you had read the first post like both oggzee and I tried to get you to do before the answer was just given to you (@wulfie:this is why we don't just give that answer), you probably could have discovered all this for yourself.So here's some ways to fix it:[*]Install rev 19 of IOS249 and 55b3 of Cfg[*]Install v4 of IOS222/223 and 55b3-222 of Cfg (or 54-fat)For the second option, you may have to use AnyTitle Deleter to get rid of your existing 222 and 223 first.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently using version .54-fat and I just installed rev19 of IOS249, which 55b3 version should i install, there no one named -fat?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XGekoX said:
Dr. Clipper said:
e2zippo said:
Sorry if this i a noob question, but can CFG be used to play Wiiware/VC games as well, that would be awesome! Tried uloader but the interface is horrible and i get a black screen whenever i try to launch a game (hermes 222).
You can map any channel you have installed on your Wii (such as a VC game) to any of the buttons in config.txt, so technically yes
smile.gif

May I suggest an alternative to button mappings and config editings. I would suggest looking into Triiforce, and subsequently looking at this post, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...t&p=2541160
Basically you use forwarders to point to Triiforce which will automatically load a wii-ware title that is stored on an emulated nand. Of course I've only found forwards for wii-ware at this time. Also I don't know how well this would work if you were trying it with legit wii-ware/VC

I'm sure my postings will be sited as either confusing or pointless or whatever, either way I thought I'd share,
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
e2zippo said:
I'm currently using version .54-fat and I just installed rev19 of IOS249, which 55b3 version should i install, there no one named -fat?
Which IOS do you want to use to launch your games? If IOS249, use the plain version. If IOS222, use the -222 version. Both IOSes support FAT now.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
May I suggest an alternative to button mappings and config editings. I would suggest looking into Triiforce, and subsequently looking at this post, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...t&p=2541160
Basically you use forwarders to point to Triiforce which will automatically load a wii-ware title that is stored on an emulated nand. Of course I've only found forwards for wii-ware at this time. Also I don't know how well this would work if you were trying it with legit wii-ware/VC

I'm sure my postings will be sited as either confusing or pointless or whatever, either way I thought I'd share, smile.gif
ummm, this already works in configurable usb loader, it just requires the user set up his harddrive with the game on his emulated nand and also has the forwarder ISO on the hard drive... so basically there is nothing the configurable loader team has to do to get this working... so what are u asking from them exactly????

Guzzie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an issue where the top parts of this display are cropped, so I only see like the bottom parts of the text on the top of the screen. I am using the component cables and have the wii set to 480p mode and widescreen if that makes a difference. Anyone know how to fix this? Sorry if this is obvious I can't seem to find an answer though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Guzzie said:
I have an issue where the top parts of this display are cropped, so I only see like the bottom parts of the text on the top of the screen. I am using the component cables and have the wii set to 480p mode and widescreen if that makes a difference. Anyone know how to fix this? Sorry if this is obvious I can't seem to find an answer though.
Have you tried using the settings on your TV? It sounds like it's not quite configured correctly.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
QUOTE said:

I'm sure my postings will be sited as either confusing or pointless or whatever, either way I thought I'd share, smile.gif
ummm, this already works in configurable usb loader, it just requires the user set up his harddrive with the game on his emulated nand and also has the forwarder ISO on the hard drive... so basically there is nothing the configurable loader team has to do to get this working... so what are u asking from them exactly????

I'm not suggesting the CFG team do anything, I was suggesting to the person who wanted to load WiiWare/VC via CFG an option he could consider. I was stating an option hecould look into, not anything that the CFG team would need to do.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Guzzie said:
Yes I have, the Wii system menu displays perfectly also...So im not sure why this loader would be any different.
Is it possible for you to take a photo of the screen and post it online? A photo of the Wii Menu screen would also be useful.

Also, I doubt this will help, but please try taking a screenshot with Cfg. Add "button_2 = screenshot" to config.txt and see if the resulting image does show the full screen or not.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
e2zippo said:
Which IOS do you want to use to launch your games? If IOS249, use the plain version. If IOS222, use the -222 version. Both IOSes support FAT now.

Ah, I see!
smile.gif
I've read somewhere that IOS249 is faster, and perhaps with the release of rev19 also has better compatibility?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
FenrirWolf said:
Depends on your purposes. But the default base is 57 so use that if you don't need anything specific to another IOS.

well I do have Guitar Hero, Rock Band games as well as SSBB, NSMBW, MPT and many other games, is there a list of what IOS is used for which games? so I can't just use the 222 v4 for all of my games like I am doing now for my Fat32 partition? I also have 249 rev17 installed as well, thanks
If you want to use it to play your music games, install with 37 base.

If you want games in general to be faster (but not music games), install with 57 base.

If you want older apps to work, either use IOS222 or a patched 36 for them, or install with 38 base.

ok to be clear, I can install rev19 with 37 base for the music games, 57 base for the other games and 38 base for HBC apps, so I can install 3 different bases?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a thought that might make a nice feature in CFG. I know the main developers may shy away from this idea as it pertains to the cheat engine, but...

I notice a number of games like Mario Kart Wii and NSMBW, when you download the .txt for them they contain cheats that are supposed to be edited with a specific value.

I.E. you might have a cheat like the following
A0000000 000000XX

Where XX can equal anything found a list that is usually provide. In CFG these cheats are marked with an E (and therefore can't be selected), well I had a thought.

What if for every cheat that is marked E, we list that cheat and then as a sublist below that cheat we give the user the list of selectable values and let them pick one. For example:

(E) Have an infinite supply of a specified item in Mario Kart for P1 - A0000000 000000XX
( ) 00 - Green Shell
( ) 01 - Three Green Shells
( ) 02 - Red Shell
( ) 03 - Three Red Shells

etc. (I cannot illustrate it clearly in these forums, but the sublist could be indented) Under that setup then the user could pick Red Shell for example, then CFG would take that selection and create a temporary copy of the .txt file with that choice of Red Shell substituted in for XX and then convert that temporary .txt file into a .gct file. I suggest the temporary file so as to not permanently overwrite a user's real .txt file.

This can be ignored if you wish, but it was an idea that I just thought I would throw out there.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
ok to be clear, I can install rev19 with 37 base for the music games, 57 base for the other games and 38 base for HBC apps, so I can install 3 different bases?
No. You can install two through very round-about methods (install one base, copy one IOS to WAD, install other base, install WAD of original base) but you can't have all three.

Fortunately, it seems the only apps that won't work with rev 19 are those that need ES Identify, and those are pretty much only for WAD installs and so on. Most of those apps allow you to choose an IOS and you can just choose 222 as it has ES Identify. Thus, two versions of 249 is enough to get everything.

Personally, I'd forgo the trouble of multiple installs and uninstalls and just go with the following (unspecified IOSes don't matter):

IOS249 rev 19 base 57 (for most games)
IOS222 v5 base 38 (for installation apps)
IOS223 v4 38+37 (select in per-game options for music games)

That's probably the best compatibility setup you can have. If you have a bit more patience to do the WAD installations of IOS249, then this might be best:
IOS249 rev 19 base 38 (for installation apps)
IOS250 rev 19 base 57 (with ios=250 in config.txt for most games)

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
XGekoX said:
You need to get the channel IDs, and then you can map buttons to launch that channel. E.g., to map the 2 button to play StarTropics II (PAL), which has the channel ID "FERM", you can add "button_2=FERM" to config.txt and button_2 will then launch the StarTropics II game. To get the Channel IDs of your other games/channels, use AnyTitle Deleter Mod or any of the title lister apps (there's a list online somewhere too).

QUOTE(chaseincats @ Mar 9 2010, 04:58 AM) what does this mean?
It means:[*]You are not using the latest version of Cfg[*]You are not using the -fat version of the version fo Cfg you are using[*]Your IOS222 is likely a stub or not installed properly[*]If you had read the first post like both oggzee and I tried to get you to do before the answer was just given to you (@wulfie:this is why we don't just give that answer), you probably could have discovered all this for yourself.So here's some ways to fix it:[*]Install rev 19 of IOS249 and 55b3 of Cfg[*]Install v4 of IOS222/223 and 55b3-222 of Cfg (or 54-fat)For the second option, you may have to use AnyTitle Deleter to get rid of your existing 222 and 223 first.

did that and still hangs on:
"IOS (222) mload [fat]"

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
No. You can install two through very round-about methods (install one base, copy one IOS to WAD, install other base, install WAD of original base) but you can't have all three.

Fortunately, it seems the only apps that won't work with rev 19 are those that need ES Identify, and those are pretty much only for WAD installs and so on. Most of those apps allow you to choose an IOS and you can just choose 222 as it has ES Identify. Thus, two versions of 249 is enough to get everything.

Personally, I'd forgo the trouble of multiple installs and uninstalls and just go with the following (unspecified IOSes don't matter):

IOS249 rev 19 base 57 (for most games)
IOS222 v5 base 38 (for installation apps)

That's probably the best compatibility setup you can have. If you have a bit more patience to do the WAD installations of IOS249, then this might be best:
IOS249 rev 19 base 38 (for installation apps)
IOS250 rev 19 base 57 (with ios=250 in config.txt for most games)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the explanation and clarification, I really APPRECIATE it very much, as well as your time and patience
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii