buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg v55a3 (alpha)
cfg55a3.dol

Loading appears to be fixed using any base now, I don't experience any further hangs. The loader still only reads the settings properly on my SDHC card with base 37 and 38. 57, 60, and 70 still don't read the settings off the card, but I can launch games properly now with those bases now. Not sure if it's part of the SDHC issues of rev 18, or loader issue. Can try with rev 19 when that's out tomorrow.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i am new to this thread. which version of the loader do we use for NTFS disk? i suppose it shouldnt matter, right? and is there a requirement of which base to install rev18 to? any recommendations?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
deshwasi said:
sorry i am new to this thread. which version of the loader do we use for NTFS disk? i suppose it shouldnt matter, right? and is there a requirement of which base to install rev18 to? any recommendations?
Yes, it doesn't really matter as of today.

We will likely start using a new naming scheme soon, renaming the -fat version to -222, as that will be its primary function.

However, one thing to note is that you should set the "hide_hddinfo=1" option when using FAT or NTFS for faster startup time, so set that if you decide not to use the -fat version.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. just tried this version 55a3 (non-fat). didnt mess with config file yet. had one game on ntfs partition. the loader asked for a WBFS parititon and asked to point to partition. i pointed to NTFS parititon but it couldnt find the lone game i had. anything obvious i missed? i installed ciosrev18 as IOS249 on base 38. and i used the cfg54.zip to grab everything other than the dol

edit: i am trying to use the Configurator55 now to get a config.txt file i do not see the "hide_hddinfo=1" option under global setings. is it not in the configurator?

edit2: hmm.. it can read games on my WBFS drive but not on NTSC drive. is there a particular naming convention i have to follow for games on NTSC partition to be seen? do i need to use a certail program to move files to the NTSC partition?

edit3: ok. finally found the FAQ and figured out the syntax for game file names. working better now.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WTF! What? FAT and NTFS support with Waninkoko CIOS?
ohmy.gif

Very good news
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
deshwasi said:
edit: i am trying to use the Configurator55 now to get a config.txt file i do not see the "hide_hddinfo=1" option under global setings. is it not in the configurator?
It's a theme option with global override ability. Check the Global Theme Options 1 tab.

QUOTEedit2: hmm.. it can read games on my WBFS drive but not on NTSC drive. is there a particular naming convention i have to follow for games on NTSC partition to be seen? do i need to use a certail program to move files to the NTSC partition?
Read the first post, especially the FAT and NTFS FAQ

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted about an issue earlier in the week, but I think it got overlooked as someone in the hacking thread ran into the same problem earlier today...

FenrirWolf said:
I ran into an interesting issue yesterday (using the latest version of the loader). I was experimenting with using IOS249 as rev17 and 250 as rev18 so older apps that default to 249 will be happy and I'll be able to load compatible games from IOS250 in the loader. But every time I try to load from IOS250 it ends up trying to boot IOS223-yal instead. On a possibly related note, I can't save the setting to launch 250 either, it'll default to ios249 next time I view the game's options.

Also, does anyone even use yal anymore? >_>

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tristar said:
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I'm still confused as to why GUI magic words aren't working (especially as they use the same code as the menu) but I have some potential fixes:

55a2t1.dol
55a2t2.dol
55a2t3.dol
55a2t1-fat.dol
55a2t2-fat.dol
55a2t3-fat.dol

Can you please try the above downloads to see which ones (if any) get magic words working in the GUI?

Thanks.

t1 & t2 same result - no wii menu from gui

switching out of the gui seems to do it (t3) - good job
(once again) Exactly the same here.
smile.gif

NOTE: I only tried the fat-versions.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
(once again) Exactly the same here.
smile.gif

NOTE: I only tried the fat-versions.
Thanks, the t3 fix will be available in the next version.

@FenrirWolf: You weren't overlooked. It's been on the list of things to fix for a while now.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
WTF! What? FAT and NTFS support with Waninkoko CIOS?
ohmy.gif

Very good news
biggrin.gif

Indeed - but I am now wondering whether you still need both hermes (222/223 v4, 224 v5) AND ciosx rev18.

Do you need hermes for the full instrument/USB support ? or does rev18 offer that as well ?

Not that it probably doesn't do any harm having both on there anyway

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee said:
cfg v55a3 (alpha)
cfg55a3.dol
cfg55a3-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v55a3 (alpha)

* 249 rev18 fat/ntfs other base than 38 fix
* Bug fixes for "nothing" and button remap actions
Oggzee, if this works, great work! I can't test, still on WBFS, but I'll switch as soon as I can. Btw: Is there any downside in your DIP-Plugin? I don't think so, and I'm hoping that Wanin will include your changes into rev19, and make it "official". Have you tried to ask him about that?

@AdamBrunt: Wanins cIOS let's you choose different bases, use IOS37 as base and you'll have full Instrument-Support.

DIZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

when I use the "sort = play_count" parameter in the config, the count is backwards.
That means games played the least are first and the most played come last.
Is there a way that reverse direction of scoring the most played games are so at the beginning?

DIZA

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DIZA said:
Hello,

when I use the "sort = play_count" parameter in the config, the count is backwards.
That means games played the least are first and the most played come last.
Is there a way that reverse direction of scoring the most played games are so at the beginning?

DIZA
Yes. Set it to descending. I.e., "sort=play_count-desc".

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
so with the new ciosx r18 is ntfs writable or just readable like hermies atm... will ciosx be able to write to ntfs or is it the loader holding it back

Wever said:
It's always nice to see that there's a lot of developer -> user feedback going on in this thread.
smile.gif

Would you mind if I add in one extra question?

(I'm gonna assume a "no"...if you do: please ignore this post. It's a bit of a luxury problem, anyway)

The last couple of days, I've been trying to get rawksd working correctly. It worked yesterday (link to details). The reason: rock band 2 had to use a clean (though trucha-patched) IOS37. cIOS'es simply don't work.

Now...I can get the game (including imported DLC) working though the wii menu. If, however, I start the game by using CFG's boot disc option, it doesn't work. (well...the game itself loads fine...it's the DLC that doesn't like being loaded through CFG).
At first, I figured that the 'boot disc' option of CFG simply used whatever IOS was set as default (that would be 222, in my case). But while searching through the settings to find a way to change that, I came across this piece of changelog (the underlined part):

QUOTE said:
cfg v52b (beta)
* Gamecube disc loading
Just like Wii discs, only original discs supported!
* Wii disc loading now uses the disc specified IOS.
This should increase game compatibility.
A very logical approach, so I assume that that hasn't changed in later versions (I'm using v55alpha1 at the moment).
At the same time, I must admit I can't figure out why the he** my imported DLC refuses to work. It loads the original game and uses the correct IOS, so...anyone has an idea what might be different from loading from the system menu?
unsure.gif

Thanks for anyone pointing in the right direction, but like I said: it's a luxury problem. Thanks to the new magic word option, my wii menu is just a click away.
smile.gif

PS: I guess I have to apologize: I'm trying to get a legitimate disc working in a backup loader. Since that isn't the main purpose of the software (it's not a backup), I'm basically pirating CFG.
wink2.gif

im not sure so dont quote me on that but what page number did u get that from i know at 1 point they done that but it started giving out errors so was changed back to 249 i think....
dr clipper the guru might have the correct answer...??? if not keep searching from around that page
im pretty sure it was that anyway as i was on firmware3.2 and didnt have some of the required ios's to boot the discs and was getting errors
maybe this could be changable to set what ios u want if its not set at the correct ios??

DIZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
Yes. Set it to descending. I.e., "sort=play_count-desc".

Thank you Dr.Clipper, it works absolutely perfectly.

I have times get rid of a huge thank you. The loader makes a really good job.
He is also super flexible.
My
bow.gif
respect
bow.gif
for it.
The support is fast and great. I am excited. I believe the best and individuellste loader.

Have a nice weekend
DIZA

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
so with the new ciosx r18 is ntfs writable or just readable like hermies atm... will ciosx be able to write to ntfs or is it the loader holding it back
There's nothing in the cIOSes holding back NTFS write. The problem is that the libraries that support it are somewhat buggy (or at least implemented incorrectly in GX).

QUOTEim not sure so dont quote me on that but what page number did u get that from i know at 1 point they done that but it started giving out errors so was changed back to 249 i think....
dr clipper the guru might have the correct answer...??? if not keep searching from around that page
im pretty sure it was that anyway as i was on firmware3.2 and didnt have some of the required ios's to boot the discs and was getting errors
maybe this could be changable to set what ios u want if its not set at the correct ios??
The disc IOS thing was temporary and didn't work. It only worked for the one game Gannon was testing with at the time. It was reverted soon after due to this issue. The messages it printed out (such as missing IOS warnings) were often completely wrong too. It's probably best to forget that option ever existed
wink.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
@AdamBrunt: Wanins cIOS let's you choose different bases, use IOS37 as base and you'll have full Instrument-Support.

Ah, yes - I forgot it could do that
smile.gif

cocoman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cuber said:
Is there any advantage over using 222 over 249 now?

well, it fixed some compatiblity issues with ntfs partition and my hdd for me, it seems that 249 has a far better mload module for me using the new rev55 of the cfg usb loader...

btw is there a possibility to install multiple ios 249's (one with ios57 base and one with ios37 base cause of usb support) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1