Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Cuber said:
I'm installing it to the FAT SD card fine, but it's taking a looong time... but I don't think it would be any faster on the NTFS. (maybe..) I hate to think how long any of the games that are over 1GB would take.
SD cards are known to be slowish.
Install on NTFS does not work (yet)
You're telling me. x_x;
Its been almost an hour. o_o;

Edit: Is it odd that it's now 12:42pm and still going? (This post was made at 11:04am my time).

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any news on savegames to SD/USB nand yet??
wink2.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cfg v55a (alpha)
cfg55a.dol
cfg55a-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v55a (alpha)
* Added new values to the home and button_* options:
priiloader - uses the Priiloader magic word "Daco" to go to Priiloader menu
wii_menu - uses the Priiloader magic word "Pune" to go to Wii Menu
Any other Priiloader magic word can be entered as text (no others exist yet)
Any channel ID can be entered, e.g., FDCL for pepxl's forwarder

Cool Usage Ideas:
To go to Wii Menu when using Priiloader:
home = wii_menu
#OR
home = Pune
To implement a restart function after updates:
home = FDCL #replace with your forwarder's ID
button_H = exit
# Because of the implementation of the options,
# This makes the home button restart Cfg when
# used in a menu like the global menu, and
# exit when used in the game list or GUI.
Implement multiple exit types and channel launchers:
button_B = FDCL # reboot via forwarder
button_1 = HATP # launch PAL Nintendo Channel
button_2 = etc.

There are no language changes in this release

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Warnings about the new values:

The Pune magic word (to go to Wii Menu instead of autoboot) for Priiloader is very new (r68 or later, which are not officially released), so make sure you have one of those versions if you want to use it. The Daco magic word (to go to the priiloader menu) has been around for a long time.

It is unlikely that Priiloader will include any more magic words in future, but if they do, then Cfg already supports them immediately:).

Not all channels can be launched via the channel launching code. E.g., the Wii Shop crashed on me when I tried it (although perhaps I had the wrong ID).

I have no clue if it can launch the channels which are stored on the SD or not. I'd guess not, though.

Remember that the button_B, button_1 etc. options only affect what the buttons do in the game list menu and GUI. The home option can be used to configure what the home button does in both the game list menu and the other menus, but you can override button_H to give them separate functions, as in the example.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Just got home.. it's still installing, should I be concerned? >_>; I think I should just stop it... the flashing light is going to drive me insane. (lol I bet I find flashing light means error, not installing now.)

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
wtf are u installing? do u mean updating cfg via the wii?? I think one of the other recent beta's had an issue with updating using the wii, u may need to do it manually using the PC

(some1 plz correct me if i am mistaken)
I'm installing Super Paper Mario from my disk. xD; I'm pretty sure its actually crashed or something.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
is your drive NTFS? If so, it doesn't have write support yet, so I wouldn't expect that to work.

edit: nvm, I just read your convo with oggzee... r u using an SDHC card? I think SDHC support is still broken (unless its been fixed in the past few revs and I missed it). Try a FAT/FAT32 SD card (not SDHC) or a USB hard drive (formatted as either FAT32 or WBFS)

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
is your drive NTFS? If so, it doesn't have write support yet, so I wouldn't expect that to work.
Nope, the one I am trying to install to is FAT32. With the NTFS it just told me it had no space left. Maybe it's a problem with it being an SDHC card. hrm. :/

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
edit: nvm, I just read your convo with oggzee... r u using an SDHC card? I think SDHC support is still broken (unless its been fixed in the past few revs and I missed it). Try a FAT/FAT32 SD card (not SDHC) or a USB hard drive (formatted as either FAT32 or WBFS)
Seems you're right.. it's installing fine on a SD, I see I get a % thing to. ha. xD; That's a big give away it is working.

Going to be a problem with games over 2GB unless I can split them over 2 files though. o_o;

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dr. Clipper said:
For those interested in testing out the wii_menu/Pune function to make Priiloader boot to the Wii Menu, then this version of Priiloader should work, although is mostly untested and could have issues. Use at your own risk.

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/03/priiloader-rev69.html

Thanks for the link, xflak40, and initial testing, ChaosEmpire.
I tried it a bit, but couldn't get it to work right.

The unofficial Priiloader (r69) seems to install and boot okay when used by itself. The magic word homebrew app I had for version 0.3B is (still) able to reboot the wii into priiloader.

...but when used from within CFG, it does nothing. I tried adding "Daco", "pune" and "wii_menu" in the "home=" line of config.txt, but none of them do anything but restart CFG.

EDIT: wait...skip that. It doesn't exactly restart CFG but whatever is set in priiloader's "autoboot" (my default setting is badUncle's forwarder to CFG). This happens both for the "Pune" as the "Daco" setting for me.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
...but when used from within CFG, it does nothing. I tried adding "Daco", "pune" and "wii_menu" in the "home=" line of config.txt, but none of them do anything but restart CFG.

EDIT: wait...skip that. It doesn't exactly restart CFG but whatever is set in priiloader's "autoboot" (my default setting is badUncle's forwarder to CFG). This happens both for the "Pune" as the "Daco" setting for me.
Hmm... You don't also happen to be using button_H set to a different value afterwards do you? That would explain it not working, although if you go into one of the menus (like the option menu) and push home there, it should work. Also note that "Pune", "Daco", "priiloader" and "wii_menu" are all case sensitive.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208940&st=0

It seems that Shiren the Wanderer NTSC does not work with "Force PAL50" or "Force PAL60". According to Bladexdsl it works in GX but their file host seems to be down so I cannot confirm. Anyway, I would very much like to play this in colour and was wondering if the developers were aware that force PAL is not working for this particular game. As I said, it apparently works in GX so perhaps it could be made to work with this loader too?

Seems it works on WiiPowers NeoGamma too:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2623081

But discs aren't really an option for me as my disc drive is failing.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Venko said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208940&st=0

It seems that Shiren the Wanderer NTSC does not work with "Force PAL50" or "Force PAL60". According to Bladexdsl it works in GX but their file host seems to be down so I cannot confirm. Anyway, I would very much like to play this in colour and was wondering if the developers were aware that force PAL is not working for this particular game. As I said, it apparently works in GX so perhaps it could be made to work with this loader too?

Seems it works on WiiPowers NeoGamma too:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2623081

But discs aren't really an option for me as my disc drive is failing.

So it looks like you can force to PAL60 if you patch the video modes. So the question you want to ask is: Where do i enable video mode patches in configurable usb loader, or if the loader doesn't have them, what are the chances to get them?

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
So it looks like you can force to PAL60 if you patch the video modes. So the question you want to ask is: Where do i enable video mode patches in configurable usb loader, or if the loader doesn't have them, what are the chances to get them?

Well, if you go to game specific options you can set "Video Patch" to "On" or "All". Then you can also set "Video" to "Force PAL50" or "Force PAL60". None of these combinations seem to work though.

[edit] I've also tried a combination of other video modes and region settings available on game specific options (not expecting any results but figured it couldn't hurt to try) and none of these seem to work either.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I reread that post: Force Video:Disc. ==> NTSC game => NTSC video mode. Since the poster is a german, i asssume he is using a regular PAL tv and doesn't have a chance to recognize if the video runs at PAL or NTSC.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I reread that post: Force Video:Disc. ==> NTSC game => NTSC video mode. Since the poster is a german, i asssume he is using a regular PAL tv and doesn't have a chance to recognize if the video runs at PAL or NTSC.

Well he says earlier in the topic that it's a 50hz PAL TV. I find it unlikely that the TV supports NTSC as well so if he's getting colour it's running in PAL format, isn't it? I know that it's possible Bladexdsl's Australian TV supports NTSC though. Maybe I'm clutching at straws and am doomed to play in B&W?

kurisu74 also says that "It works on a PAL Wii using Gecko OS." but I can't tell if he means with colour or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: