pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question: How can I add cheats to the Configurable USB-loader manually?

The game Resident Evil Archives: Res Evil 0 is still not in the cheat database, and I've found some here: http://geckocodes.org/index.php?search=RBHE08 (It matches on the game ID as well)
However, when I copy-paste it into notepad and put the .txt onto the sd:\usb-loader\codes with the correct filename (RBHE08.txt), it won't show up within the options on the game in the USB loader.

When I open another random .txt from the SD-card on my computer, it looks like the text is all mashed together, no structure. If i copy-paste it into i.e. pastebin, it looks good and structured. Maybe there's a hidden metadata I cannot see, or what?
PS: Also tried to DL the .gct-file, didn't work either.

Do I need a special app, or is there another site where I can dl this one file?

I cannot stand cheating in games, but I really fucked up on my last save, saved with both characters on "danger" on health, and with exactly 1 shotgun shell and 10 pistol rounds left, and all rooms around the save room is surrounded by these green fucked up zombies that won't die ><

PS: On the latest build of the loader (52), it found all of the missing covers on URL#2, which is great! But they are all in Spanish (or French?), is that supposed to happen? It even changed a couple of my English covers like Drawn to Life, The Next Chapter. The front was okay, but I think the back of the cover were missing, so it swapped it out, with a non-English one ^^
Not a biggie, but kinda weird having a cover with a certain design on the full cover, and another design on the 3d-cover =P

Thanks a lot for your continues work on this great app! Use it every single time I play
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pesaroso said:
PS: On the latest build of the loader (52), it found all of the missing covers on URL#2, which is great! But they are all in Spanish (or French?), is that supposed to happen? It even changed a couple of my English covers like Drawn to Life, The Next Chapter. The front was okay, but I think the back of the cover were missing, so it swapped it out, with a non-English one ^^
Not a biggie, but kinda weird having a cover with a certain design on the full cover, and another design on the 3d-cover =P

Thanks a lot for your continues work on this great app! Use it every single time I play
biggrin.gif

Hmm... Nothing much changed in the code that would make it not hang, but I can explain the foreign covers. WiiTDB splits the full covers up by language, and sometimes there is a full cover in French or Spanish, but not English. The users of Wiiboxart have been taking whichever full cover exists at WiiTDB without looking at the language and just adding it so that they have a full cover.

Given this, and the fact that they also have some corrupted images up for download, we will probably remove Wiiboxart from the default download links again. For those that want to remove them now, just add the following lines to config.txt:
CODEcover_url =
cover_url =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/flat/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =
cover_url_3d =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/3d/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =
cover_url_disc =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disc/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disccustom/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =+ http://boxart.rowdyruff.net/fulldisc/{ID6}.png
cover_url_full =
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pesaroso said:
Question: How can I add cheats to the Configurable USB-loader manually?

The game Resident Evil Archives: Res Evil 0 is still not in the cheat database, and I've found some here: http://geckocodes.org/index.php?search=RBHE08 (It matches on the game ID as well)
However, when I copy-paste it into notepad and put the .txt onto the sd:\usb-loader\codes with the correct filename (RBHE08.txt), it won't show up within the options on the game in the USB loader.

When I open another random .txt from the SD-card on my computer, it looks like the text is all mashed together, no structure. If i copy-paste it into i.e. pastebin, it looks good and structured. Maybe there's a hidden metadata I cannot see, or what?
PS: Also tried to DL the .gct-file, didn't work either.

Do I need a special app, or is there another site where I can dl this one file?

I cannot stand cheating in games, but I really fucked up on my last save, saved with both characters on "danger" on health, and with exactly 1 shotgun shell and 10 pistol rounds left, and all rooms around the save room is surrounded by these green fucked up zombies that won't die ><

biggrin.gif

Did you copy/paste from the link you provided? You need to copy/paste from http://geckocodes.org/codes/R/RBHE08.txt as it is in the correct format and should work. Also, are you sure your game is in fact NTSC and not Pal or NTSC-J?

S

SuLeGNa

Hi,

I use Conf USB loader since the start and it's a really great apps.
I would like to request/ask a thing...
I have a HDD with more than 300 games... some are played by me and some by my child...
I use favorites to filters games I like but the limit of 100 favorites are not enough anymore...
hidding games are not possible due to the fact that it's not 'profile' based!
Do you think that it will be possible to up the limit of favorites? 150/200????

once again, thanks for the hard work and for this great apps...

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Dr. Clipper: Thanks a lot for your answer, it does make sense! Guess I'll just delete the non-English covers and remove the URL manually before trying again later on. Thanks!

@DGenerateKane: I'm terribly sorry, I didn't notice at ALL the "NTSC-U" at the top. My game is PAL, it didn't even cross my mind that cheat codes was region-based as well :/

That explains it, though! Will keep on looking for cheats in PAL for that game, then!
wink.gif
Thank you very much for the quick info, your eye is way better than mine ^^

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
The reason why we try to avoid reading each .wbfs or .iso file to get the title is startup speed, if you have many games doing that gets really slow. libfat uses a 64kb block size for cached reads, so even if the disc header size is only 256bytes and the title is only 64 bytes, it reads a lot more data. For example if you had 100 games that would mean 6.4MB of data read for getting the titles, plus there's quite a bit of overhead because of all the seeking and filename lookup and io calls. Compare that with titles.txt file which is only 69kb in size or wiitdb.zip file which is only 500kb.
You can try moving all the ID.wbfs files back to a single /wbfs directory, remove wiitdb and titles.txt and then compare the startup time. Depends how many games you have there - if it's just a dozen or two then it won't be as noticeable but if you have much more the delay will be obvious.

Startup speed is of course a priority, so if that's the reason for avoiding reading the headers, so be it. Apparently the new version of Wii Backup Manager allows internal ISO renaming and exporting to a custom-titles.txt. I'll try that option.

richiefs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have issues with "write_playlog" option. I tried it with cfg 0.52

I tried two games:
Scene it Lumières! Action! SSCFWR --> in the log the title of the game is blank, i only have the play time
Okami ROWP08 --> i can't load my savegame, the game hangs when it loads it. The name of the game is correctly displayed. it works flawlessly when the option is disabled.

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got weird issue with Cfg Usb Loader.

Usualling when launching, Cfg Usb Loader stops at the intro screen (the first logo screen), the DVD blink once and then the HDD is connected.

However, recently sometimes I got into the situation that Cfg Usb Loader stucks at the intro screen, the DVD light keeps blinking forever. Note that, this doesn't always repro and I don't have a solid repro step as well. It comes and leaves at will.

What might cause this issue?

Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Where do I find info about this new, to me anyway
wink.gif
. profile/favourites groups ? ie how to set them up and use them ?
The same places you go to find out about any of the options...
README-CFG.txt
My Cfg's options explained page
The Configurator (hover over the options for tooltips that explain them)

richiefs said:
I have issues with "write_playlog" option. I tried it with cfg 0.52

I tried two games:
Scene it Lumières! Action! SSCFWR --> in the log the title of the game is blank, i only have the play time
Okami ROWP08 --> i can't load my savegame, the game hangs when it loads it. The name of the game is correctly displayed. it works flawlessly when the option is disabled.
What language is your console set to and is it a PAL or NTSC console? What does Scene It! report itself to be when you play it from disc? I use the language that your Wii is set to to name the game, but I guess the name your Wii chooses for Scene It is blank.

As for Okami, I don't know what's going wrong there. It works fine for me. My saves for Okami were made when I was playing from disc, though, so maybe that's why it works for me (if it somehow tries to check if the game names are the same). Are you able to start a new game, save that and then load it? You have multiple slots so it shouldn't be hard to test (except for the long intro
tongue.gif
).

QUOTE(beemisc @ Feb 15 2010, 04:39 AM)
I got weird issue with Cfg Usb Loader.

Usualling when launching, Cfg Usb Loader stops at the intro screen (the first logo screen), the DVD blink once and then the HDD is connected.

However, recently sometimes I got into the situation that Cfg Usb Loader stucks at the intro screen, the DVD light keeps blinking forever. Note that, this doesn't always repro and I don't have a solid repro step as well. It comes and leaves at will.

What might cause this issue?

Thanks!
This is likely a drive incompatibility. If you aren't already, use IOS222 as your launching IOS. Do this by either adding "ios=222-mload" to config.txt or use the -fat versions of Cfg. If you are launching from the HBC, wait for the network light at the bottom right to stop blinking before you start Cfg. Also, you might like to try experimenting with turning your drive off then on (or unplugging it then replugging it) when the error occurs.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pesaroso said:
@Dr. Clipper: Thanks a lot for your answer, it does make sense! Guess I'll just delete the non-English covers and remove the URL manually before trying again later on. Thanks!

@DGenerateKane: I'm terribly sorry, I didn't notice at ALL the "NTSC-U" at the top. My game is PAL, it didn't even cross my mind that cheat codes was region-based as well :/

That explains it, though! Will keep on looking for cheats in PAL for that game, then!
wink.gif
Thank you very much for the quick info, your eye is way better than mine ^^

Try these: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4987.0.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo