Hacking Configurable USB Loader

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do any of you guys ever have the wii not boot (black screen) after choosing usb cfg and it forces you to do a hard reboot (unplug the wii)? Seems to happen randomly and is fixed by simply hard boot

rev 14
3.2U

zx3junglist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hfcrussell said:
I have installed Config USB Loader and love it.

But, once I enter the homwbrew channel, click on C USB L, do I have to have to go through the delete / load / cancel screen each time or have I missed something??

Thanks in advance,

Russell.

Yes, but you can get around this by installing one of the forwarders listed in the first post of this thread. It will add an icon that looks like a channel in your system menu, but loads CUL for you.

zx3junglist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiaoran said:
Where do you put ISOs? You can now run games from ISOs, right?

It's kinda confusing and contradictory...

QUOTE said:
- Loading games from .wbfs or .iso files on a FAT or NTFS partition
QUOTEQ: Can it play .iso files directly?
A: No. Only .wbfs files can be used. To convert from .iso to .wbfs use the wbfs_file utility.

I found this confusing at first as well. The reason for the contradiction is that .wbfs and .iso file loading is relatively new and the FAQ hasn't been updated yet.
.iso files must be in either:
\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
or
\wbfs\GAMEID_titleofthegame\GAMEID.iso

and the GameID is a six digit code, you can cross reference these with wiitdb.com (among other methods)

hfcrussell

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zx3junglist said:
hfcrussell said:
I have installed Config USB Loader and love it.

But, once I enter the homwbrew channel, click on C USB L, do I have to have to go through the delete / load / cancel screen each time or have I missed something??

Thanks in advance,

Russell.

Yes, but you can get around this by installing one of the forwarders listed in the first post of this thread. It will add an icon that looks like a channel in your system menu, but loads CUL for you.

Thanks,

I have looked at a forwarder and would love to get one to work. Which one is the simplest or easiest to configure?

Any recommendations

Russell.

Shiaoran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zx3junglist said:
Shiaoran said:

QUOTE said:
A: No. Only .wbfs files can be used. To convert from .iso to .wbfs use the wbfs_file utility.

I found this confusing at first as well. The reason for the contradiction is that .wbfs and .iso file loading is relatively new and the FAQ hasn't been updated yet.
\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
or

and the GameID is a six digit code, you can cross reference these with wiitdb.com (among other methods)
Thanks, but it says that the file is too big for the file system...
My HDD is formatted as FAT32 and the ISO I'm trying to move is 4,37GB.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, just had a first run with this USB-loader on New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I'm amazed that it works, but was I just extra picky, or is the framerate a bit choppy? Might depend on the HDD though, but mine is a brand new WD Essentials 500GB. Split it in half, converted one half to FAT32, created the needed folder, and transferred lots and lots of ISO's using Wii Backup Manager.

The games I've tried so far is loading indeed, but I didn't like the small amounts of lag some of the games gave from time to time.

Is it a setting I've ignored, or is everyone experiencing this?

Regards, and thx for an awesome loader!

T

TheGlow

Im amazed cfg detects my incredibly old hdd enclosure. this is for ides I got 5 years ago for ps2 game transfers.
cfg saw nsmb so Im xferring some more now.
I partitioned 10gb on the side for fat32 in case I need to rip something and the other 150gb for ntfs.
can cfg interact with ntfs and fat32 at the same time on an hdd?
mainly id like to launch it from a forwarder, which would store settings and covers on the fat32 portion, and wbfs files on ntfs

zx3junglist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiaoran said:
zx3junglist said:
Shiaoran said:

QUOTE said:

\wbfs\GAMEID.iso
or

Thanks, but it says that the file is too big for the file system...
My HDD is formatted as FAT32 and the ISO I'm trying to move is 4,37GB.

Yes, it's a limitation of FAT. You'll need to either convert to a .wbfs file, or split the iso. There are tools to do this

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delt31 said:
do any of you guys ever have the wii not boot (black screen) after choosing usb cfg and it forces you to do a hard reboot (unplug the wii)? Seems to happen randomly and is fixed by simply hard boot

rev 14
3.2U
Known problem with the newest HBC. Wait for the icon on the bottom right of the HBC to stop blinking. Then boot the loader. Will boot every time. If you don't wait, then it'll randomly freeze. or you could use a forwarder.

pipieye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
pipieye said:
mousex said:
wbfs_file 2.6 OSX
wbfs_file_2.6_osx_win32.zip
(included sources, OS X and windows binary)

Tried using it on a Powermac G5 Dual on 10.5.6 and getting the following:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib

Apparently this file does not exist in /usr/lib
only libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib and libcrypto.0.9.dylib exist in that folder

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Pipi
You'll need to update your libcrypto, e.g. using macports. Or just get the file from the net and place it in the folder.

Ok, have to install openssh from macports to get that file.
Now I can issue ./wbfs_file -h but when I try to open a file i get the following
errordyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003

frown.gif

SilverStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pesaroso said:
So, just had a first run with this USB-loader on New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I'm amazed that it works, but was I just extra picky, or is the framerate a bit choppy? Might depend on the HDD though, but mine is a brand new WD Essentials 500GB. Split it in half, converted one half to FAT32, created the needed folder, and transferred lots and lots of ISO's using Wii Backup Manager.

The games I've tried so far is loading indeed, but I didn't like the small amounts of lag some of the games gave from time to time.

Is it a setting I've ignored, or is everyone experiencing this?

Regards, and thx for an awesome loader!
Sounds like it might be an issue with your Wii. Do you have any other games that seem to have unusual lag or choppy framerates?

The way a USB loader would work for a game like NSMBW, is that it would load the level into memory, and that's it. It might load a new area when you enter it, but it wouldn't be loading constantly to stream the area. Any sort of choppiness you're seeing is probably due to your hardware overheating and not performing as well as it should. Make sure it's properly ventilated and isn't dusty, etc...

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can not play Call of Duty 3

Hello,

I installed the game, US version. When I play it, it starts correctly. After I select difficulty level, begin to play the game, it stalls while loading.
I searched gbatemp website. Someone mentioned isopatch is needed.

Is it possible to config some setting in the Configurable Loader to fix the issue?

Thanks.

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am puzzled by this problem for a month. Glad to know there is a solution, I will give a try.

Thanks OtakuGamerZ.

OtakuGamerZ said:
delt31 said:

rev 14
3.2U
Known problem with the newest HBC. Wait for the icon on the bottom right of the HBC to stop blinking. Then boot the loader. Will boot every time. If you don't wait, then it'll randomly freeze. or you could use a forwarder.

Shiaoran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you lock the GUI style? (so it doesn't change ever, unless you unlock it?)

NVM, I must've overlookerd the gui_lock command
tongue.gif

T

TheGlow

quick question. when I go to boot a game is says loading ios 222 for fat support.
then right under says loading 222...ntfs
am I losing time here or something? whats optimal

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TheGlow said:
Im amazed cfg detects my incredibly old hdd enclosure. this is for ides I got 5 years ago for ps2 game transfers.
cfg saw nsmb so Im xferring some more now.
I partitioned 10gb on the side for fat32 in case I need to rip something and the other 150gb for ntfs.
can cfg interact with ntfs and fat32 at the same time on an hdd?
mainly id like to launch it from a forwarder, which would store settings and covers on the fat32 portion, and wbfs files on ntfs
Should work fine.
TheGlow said:
quick question. when I go to boot a game is says loading ios 222 for fat support.
then right under says loading 222...ntfs
am I losing time here or something? whats optimal
It's just oggzee not updating some of the info messages when OMG#50 was added. It probably should say "non-wbfs" instead of "fat".QUOTE(Azhrei @ Dec 31 2009, 10:47 AM)
After installing version 50, Configurable USB Loader cannot see any themes or the .mp3 files I had on v48. When I try to download cover images (which also are all inexplicably gone) it says - "ERROR: sd:/ is not accessible". It also asks me each time I start it up which device my games are on (WBFS formatted USB 2.0 drive), when it never had to before.

Games load and all that but nothing works as it used to. I even downloaded version 50 entirely, ran that one while keeping my old folders safely elsewhere, and it's doing the same thing - can't see it's own themes, asking about the device games are stored on, gives that error when downloading cover images.

I'm more than a little confused.
It sounds like you have a bunch of options in your config.txt that were previously ignored but are now used due to the theme overrides. Delete the relevant options from config.txt (or copy them over from theme.txt) and you should get your previous functionality back.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pipieye said:
Ok, have to install openssh from macports to get that file.
Now I can issue ./wbfs_file -h but when I try to open a file i get the following
errordyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003

frown.gif
I knew this error happened when compiling apps on 10.5 and running them on 10.4 without compiling them for 10.4. Maybe it's the same now with 10.6 and 10.5. I'll recompile as soon as I get at my mac again (I'm on Win atm and I'm sure it will doublepost).

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiuser2 said:
jstevenson72 said:
Here is a new one (for me).

I just soft modded my friends Wii, I installed HBC, bootmii, then Trucha Bug, then 222, 223, 202, then 249 rev 15. I have CFG v50 FAT loading from the USB Hard drive just fine via HBC or via the forwarder Channel. And finally I installed Priiloader .30 and installed the CFG forwarder for Preloader.

Everything works fine, except for the CFG via PriiLoader. It DSI Errors with the stack trace if I have PriiLoader launch it.

Any thoughts from anyone, I am doing the same thing on my Wii and it works great. But I have installed many different versions of cIOS' over time and I'm not sure if I'm missing an IOS...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

You probably have the new HBC (1.0.6) ? The combination of HBC 1.0.6 and Preloader 0.30/Priiloader will not autoboot CFG loader correctly.
I switched back to Preloader 0.29 to solve this (and back to HBC 1.0.3 as well).

I am getting the same stack dump on this. with the same HBC/Preloader combination. Is there any other way round this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1