XP
Country
Canada
lol

you people are silly.

I'm a pirate.
Piracy is delicious.
Tastes like money.

Backing up my own games? piracy or not? who cares really. I could care less if its legal or not.

If people don't like what I do, well, good for you. I'll keep on doing it regardless.

Why do other pirates get offensive about it?

no bloody clue.

So to you, random message goers that mean nothing to really, anyone else here.

I say stop getting offended. Its just the internet after all. If you don;t like it, look up and right on your screen. See that little X? Click it. problem solved.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Oh, so I have to have his, or your, permission to say something about piracy, anytime he looks down his nose and mentions it? FOAD.

And BTW, hypocrite, how many fucking threads did you decide to spam with your "HEY GO VOTE IN MY POLL!!1!" posts? Was that really fucking necessary (not to mention is the poll even necessary, other than to serve to inflate a few egos perhaps)? Did they contribute anything to the threads? No, they didn't, but that certainly didn't stop you from doing it and I won't waste my time telling you not to either, as that's your prerogative. I'll leave the requesting that you stop bit up to the OP's, and perhaps you and others should do the same. Wannabe Mini-Mods mean nothing to me.

And how old is this fucking thread? And you're still bringing up questions that have been asked and answered many times over? Again, FOAD.
You don't need anyones permission. All I'm saying is it's BEEN OVER ALREADY. Your views are different from oggzee and dr. clipper. Agree to disagree and that's that.

All I was trying do was get all the users from other backup loaders to vote for their app of choice. I felt that the previous one was old and there need to be a a new one to actually see what everyone is currently using now. Sorry if it annoyed you that I went to the app threads to post JUST ONCE to go and vote. It's not like I was running a campaign or anything.

FOAD was totally unnecessary. How about this, I'm just going to stop cause I've already learned you'll probably keep going.

EDIT:
Even better I'll just add you to my ignore list. Take care.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
Shiaoran said:
BTW, this is the HDD I got, just so you know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I think and hope it was an excellent purchase

Should work just fine, unless the wii can't quite supply enough power for it.

unless I missed something, that isn't a self powered usb drive is it?
Yeah I have the same exact one. It is USB powered and turns on and off with the Wii. Just be sure to have Standby set to off.

Shiaoran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EeZeEpEe said:
TroyTheZombie said:
Shiaoran said:

Should work just fine, unless the wii can't quite supply enough power for it.

unless I missed something, that isn't a self powered usb drive is it?
Yeah I have the same exact one. It is USB powered and turns on and off with the Wii. Just be sure to have Standby set to off.
Nice to know that, will keep in mind.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo, I'm going to end this stupid argument you seem to want to continue right here.

I'm sorry everyone that is not Skizzo, but I will no longer be answering questions in this thread, or elsewhere on GBATemp, except the Configurator thread (and only related to the Configurator). I can still be found at GAF, or in the Configurable USB Loader chat (the link is in the first post) if you have questions.

Perhaps I could be persuaded to come back after a while, but I am sick of being insulted and accused of scaremongering by 'idle' threats. Thank you Skizzo, you just gave me a lot of my spare time back. I hope you're happy.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Skizzo, I'm going to end this stupid argument you seem to want to continue right here.

I'm sorry everyone that is not Skizzo, but I will no longer be answering questions in this thread, or elsewhere on GBATemp, except the Configurator thread (and only related to the Configurator). I can still be found at GAF, or in the Configurable USB Loader chat (the link is in the first post) if you have questions.

Perhaps I could be persuaded to come back after a while, but I am sick of being insulted and accused of scaremongering by 'idle' threats. Thank you Skizzo, you just gave me a lot of my spare time back. I hope you're happy.
Okay but he could very well just follow you there. All you have to do is click Ignore User.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:

Clipper, all that get's accomplished by you leaving is empowering Skizzo. I completely understand and will still see you elsewhere, but I just hate seeing someone as valuable as you and your knowledge leaving because of a few vocal asses that just get off on this kind of instigation. Thanks for all the help.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Make sure you post all the data for the rest of us less fortunate (not to mention moralistic) people!
laugh.gif
So...what are you talking about again? You're mad because I dump games from the discs I actually own or something apparently?

At any rate, if you really are leaving this thread, sorry to hear of it Dr Clipper. I know others have said it, but I wouldn't let someone like this guy get you too far down...had to deal with that sort of person before on Zophar's Domain many times...they aren't usually worth worrying about, though they certainly can be obnoxious sometimes (it's awfully easy for someone to be a 'tough guy' on the Internet). Also, since he'll read this...it would be different if you were actually contributing to the thread somehow Skizzo. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say on that from this point.

*edit*
Oh yeah, and great to hear that BCA dumping is likely to be added. One more reason that Configurable USB Loader is one of the best.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Skizzo said:
Make sure you post all the data for the rest of us less fortunate (not to mention moralistic) people!
laugh.gif
So...what are you talking about again? You're mad because I dump games from the discs I actually own or something apparently?

At any rate, if you really are leaving this thread, sorry to hear of it Dr Clipper. I know others have said it, but I wouldn't let someone like this guy get you too far down...had to deal with that sort of person before on Zophar's Domain many times...they aren't usually worth worrying about, though they certainly can be obnoxious sometimes (it's awfully easy for someone to be a 'tough guy' on the Internet). Also, since he'll read this...it would be different if you were actually contributing to the thread somehow Skizzo. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say on that from this point.

*edit*
Oh yeah, and great to hear that BCA dumping is likely to be added. One more reason that Configurable USB Loader is one of the best.
How does that imply I'm mad at you? I just made a simple request while acknowledging your fortune and morality. It doesn't matter now anyways, because as I said, it looks like the 'scene' will be including the BCA data when necessary or risk being nuked.

As for Dr. Clipper leaving, like I said, his previous threats, and now his carrot dangling of coming back are his way of debating an argument he can't win with facts and honesty. He has to call in the masses of nonthinking morons to fight his battle for him, so to speak. It's weak. Very weak. He doesn't seem to have a problem tossing the piracy nonsense around here, on forums that welcome pirates with open arms including to mod/admin positions, so why should he be upset or surprised when one responds, pointing out his very own actions as piracy. Guess the truth hurts. Why can't I despise those who would have us believe they're better than us and use any opportunity they have to say so? Why can't I respond in kind, pointing out the hypocrisy of this moralistic snobbery? If you are one who believes Dr. Clipper has every right to voice his opinion regarding piracy here, then you must also believe others have a right to respond, otherwise you are indeed a sycophant. You can keep saying it was over, but apparently Dr. Clipper was still under the impression he wasn't considered a 'pirate', when he clearly is, even by his own definition. Apparently now he has realized that which is why I suspect he has taken the actions he has. A coward's way out. His own words have bit him right in the arse. Get over it. If he doesn't enjoy controversy, perhaps he shouldn't say controversial things.

As for 'contributing to the thread', I do when I can. I think I even got a thanks from oggzee.
laugh.gif

Perhaps I should contribute by asking questions that have been asked and answered dozens of times already so someone can feel important when they answer them over and over?
rolleyes.gif

blueshift3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash memory isn't the fastest for writes, especially depending how "expensive" the usb thumb drive was... you could try to see how fast you can write a multi gig file using your computer to it... and see how fast that is..

NReale3370 said:
now I'm mad and want to know why I'm so slow! Its the same speed in cfg, usbloader gx, all the way to the original waninkoko I just thought everyone was slow

blueshift3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work. as others have stated. I had the seagate equivalent to that, in the 5400 RPM mode... i pawned that drive off on a friend of mine, so i could upgrade to:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-External-Des...983&sr=8-16

it kinda stinks to have to plug it into power... but it being a 7200 rpm drive... loading times are really short. i never bothered to benchmark the 7200 vs the 5400, but... i can tell a difference.

Shiaoran said:

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You know what Skizzo, you make me want to leave this place too. If you really want to continue arguing go make a topic and start bickering and provoking there where no-one has to listen to you. You're an obvious troll it's a pitty the mods are not more strict here.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
You know what Skizzo, you make me want to leave this place too. If you really want to continue arguing go make a topic and start bickering and provoking there where no-one has to listen to you. You're an obvious troll it's a pitty the mods are not more strict here.

Skizzo take the friendly advise to stop or you risk getting people hitting the "ignore user" button.

I originally posted to say to oggzee... I think the idea to get the external files for BCA is a great idea. Not tested it yet myself but I'm sure to NEED it in the future (I hate patching games and love 1:1 copies myself)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi, i'm on a japanese wii, all my backups are japanese. when i get the titles.txt file, it is in japanese too (how i would want it) but! all that shows up on the usb loader are boxes...
does this app have unicode support? or do i need to manually select a different font or something?
thanks a lot! (also, how can i disable the game's name being shown at the bottom of the screen? -just wondering)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
joshuatm said:
hi, i'm on a japanese wii, all my backups are japanese. when i get the titles.txt file, it is in japanese too (how i would want it) but! all that shows up on the usb loader are boxes...
does this app have unicode support? or do i need to manually select a different font or something?
thanks a lot! (also, how can i disable the game's name being shown at the bottom of the screen? -just wondering)
It has a very limited unicode support - only the extended Latin set (just 512 letters)
So, I am sorry but japanese / chinese or other character sets are not supported.
So for now you will have to use the EN titles.txt.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
oh ok, no worries
smile.gif
i noticed before i updated the .txt via the loader, all the names were in english, even though they were japanese games. but, via the loader i can only seem to update to the japanese.txt?
how can i get the one i had before?
smile.gif
thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: