EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
cant u just use a partition manager like "easeus partition manager" and delete all the partitions, then create a brand new partition in w/e format u like? Wouldn't that remove w/e your talking about?
Google "remove western digital smartware" and you'll see lots of people who have tried to do that. The partition is in the firmware. WD is supposedly working on a firmware update to remove it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xakmad said:
c) password a profile, to stop kids getting to the Horror or shooter profiles?
ie the default profile should really be child friendly
it could be the one passord for all the ones you password, or simply have password on/off and it is permenantly "A12" to unlock a profile which they would never know
once you change profile, the lock goes on again
maybe a * beside those passworded profile buttons
You can achieve this with the hide_game option. The kids will still be able to access those profiles, but they won't have any games in them. You unlock via the admin password (default is BUDAH12, but settable in config.txt) by holding 1 for 5-10 seconds on the game list or GUI screen until a prompt shows to enter the password.

QUOTE said:
e) change the default profile loaded
Already there. This is what the profile option is for.

d) an easier way to add/remove favotites from profiles, How about:
point at the file in GUI, ( or select row in console) and hit + or -
ie scrap "+/-" as the "import from disk/ delete file", as i've never used it, and i'm guessing
huh.gif
for most people it's once in a blue moon, or at least less often that changing favorites
ie have "import from disk/ delete file" in the global menu - plenty of space there
For an easier way, use the Configurator. It makes it very easy. I have ways to show and edit which profiles a game will show up in as well as which games are favourites in each profile.

And there is absolutely no way the removal of install will work. Those of us that don't pirate use that feature quite frequently.

jobarjo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I've tried configurable usb loader on fat and it is great.
But I made a mistake choosing the hybrid channel forwarder for this.
With the hybrid channel forwarder, when clicking on nothing after "A", it forces back ios249 instead on leaving the default ios222 of v48-fat.
Using nForwarder based channel solved the problem, but it took me quite some time to figure it out.

Can someone update the first page, and add a note to the hybrid forwarder that it is not recommended for fat setups?

I also can't have the usb-loader directory on the fat drive. I think it worked through HBC, but I can't make it work with the channel.
I removed config.txt in both the sd apps dir and usb-loader dir. It could find the config.txt in the usb fat partition : usb:/usb-loader (using v48-fat)
If someone could make a channel with v48-fat it would be great! Using the loader with a fat drive without the SD would be very nice.

Thanks for everything!

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jobarjo said:
Using the loader with a fat drive without the SD would be very nice.

I'm doing that right now, so that is already possible using the forwarder. You may want to run the HBC without an SD card in it (or hold 1 I think it is, can't remember, to select load from HDD) and see if the HBC recognizes your HDD. I had one USB HDD that worked great for games in the loader when it was launched off of a SD card, but the HBC could not load anything from the HDD and other applications like FTPii could not mount it. Then I got a new HDD and HBC and the other apps could load and mount from it, so it may actually be the HDD.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jobarjo said:
Hello

I've tried configurable usb loader on fat and it is great.
But I made a mistake choosing the hybrid channel forwarder for this.
With the hybrid channel forwarder, when clicking on nothing after "A", it forces back ios249 instead on leaving the default ios222 of v48-fat.
Using nForwarder based channel solved the problem, but it took me quite some time to figure it out.

Can someone update the first page, and add a note to the hybrid forwarder that it is not recommended for fat setups?

I also can't have the usb-loader directory on the fat drive. I think it worked through HBC, but I can't make it work with the channel.
I removed config.txt in both the sd apps dir and usb-loader dir. It could find the config.txt in the usb fat partition : usb:/usb-loader (using v48-fat)
If someone could make a channel with v48-fat it would be great! Using the loader with a fat drive without the SD would be very nice.

Thanks for everything!
IIRC, the latest version of the hybrid did fix the forcing IOS249 bug. Are you sure you were using the version linked in the op? If so, the link likely does need to be updated.

If you have an apps/usbloader or apps/usbloader_cfg directory on the SD card, it will likely try to launch those instead of the ones on the USB. Try ejecting the SD card and seeing if the forwarder works, then you can work out which directories to rename.

dekani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
I have a question for those that tried converting the .wbfs file and wbfs_file printed the error:

ERROR: reading 524288 [32768] from wbfs
Probably corrupted. Use -f to force
or
Possibly corrupted. Use -g to copy only game partition

Do you have a mod-chip installed?

There seems to be at least 1 case where the presence of a modchip resulted in a missing update partition when installed from inside the loader while without the modchip the copy is fine. So I'm starting to suspect that the modchip (or at least some modchips) is somehow interfering with the update partition, but i could be wrong. If anyone has some information in this regard, please let me know.
Yes, oggzee, it is generated by the modchip. I have a wiikey (first version), I have enabled the update blocker function a long time ago (block update set to ON using the config disc). I have just changed it (set to OFF) and dumped the same file again. (the size is bigger) and now no error occurs.
Thank you for your help and your support to resolve this problem.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If it's possible, a way to dump BCA data from the disc would be preferable to me as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care in the least about 'scene releases' since I dump everything from my own discs. Even if it's not, if it displays it and we can copy it down it's not that much of an inconvenience I guess (even if uLoader must be used). I'm just glad you support this kind of thing now, it seems like a better solution than directly patching NSMBWii, patching with a hex editor, or adding such patches for all games using this new protection (though there don't seem to be many yet).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thanks dekani!

We have 2 confirmations now that enabling update block on a modchip will mess the update partition while installing.
I suggest people with a modchip to specify the option:

install_partitions = only_game

To avoid problems with the update partition.

Or maybe the install procedure could somehow detect that and handle it better... but since i don't have one i doubt i'll ever get to do that.

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dekani said:
oggzee said:
I have a question for those that tried converting the .wbfs file and wbfs_file printed the error:

ERROR: reading 524288 [32768] from wbfs
Probably corrupted. Use -f to force
or
Possibly corrupted. Use -g to copy only game partition

Do you have a mod-chip installed?

There seems to be at least 1 case where the presence of a modchip resulted in a missing update partition when installed from inside the loader while without the modchip the copy is fine. So I'm starting to suspect that the modchip (or at least some modchips) is somehow interfering with the update partition, but i could be wrong. If anyone has some information in this regard, please let me know.
Yes, oggzee, it is generated by the modchip. I have a wiikey (first version), I have enabled the update blocker function a long time ago (block update set to ON using the config disc). I have just changed it (set to OFF) and dumped the same file again. (the size is bigger) and now no error occurs.
Thank you for your help and your support to resolve this problem.

That's interesting, before I made any .wbfs files I ran brickblocker on the ISO because I noticed what you mentioned, the file size was smaller. Everything has worked fine for me...

Posts merged

QUOTE(oggzee @ Dec 1 2009, 06:38 PM)
Thanks dekani!

We have 2 confirmations now that enabling update block on a modchip will mess the update partition while installing.
I suggest people with a modchip to specify the option:

To avoid problems with the update partition.

Or maybe the install procedure could somehow detect that and handle it better... but since i don't have one i doubt i'll ever get to do that.

If you were to do this, could you convert the files back to ISO and they still be usable?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
daleybox said:
If you were to do this, could you convert the files back to ISO and they still be usable?
By 'do this' are you referring to using the option:
Yes that should be fine to use.
In fact some other loaders have that as the default.
I wonder if I should make that the default too?
After all the update partition is never used...
This is just something that has been inherited from the original loader 1.5

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
xakmad said:
c) password a profile, to stop kids getting to the Horror or shooter profiles?
ie the default profile should really be child friendly
it could be the one passord for all the ones you password, or simply have password on/off and it is permenantly "A12" to unlock a profile which they would never know
once you change profile, the lock goes on again
maybe a * beside those passworded profile buttons
You can achieve this with the hide_game option. The kids will still be able to access those profiles, but they won't have any games in them. You unlock via the admin password (default is BUDAH12, but settable in config.txt) by holding 1 for 5-10 seconds on the game list or GUI screen until a prompt shows to enter the password.

the "button per profile screen" combined with "BUDAH12-type password on certain profiles" would be better as it would supercede the "Hide_ID" totally, and make it all in-wii, instead of being PC driven (apart from profile creation, of course!)

QUOTE said:
e) change the default profile loaded
Already there. This is what the profile option is for.

ooops, i meant changing it from inside the loader, so i dont have to move the HDD back to the PC, but your configurator does a good job when i do, ta

d) an easier way to add/remove favotites from profiles, How about:
point at the file in GUI, ( or select row in console) and hit + or -
ie scrap "+/-" as the "import from disk/ delete file", as i've never used it, and i'm guessing
huh.gif
for most people it's once in a blue moon, or at least less often that changing favorites
ie have "import from disk/ delete file" in the global menu - plenty of space there
For an easier way, use the Configurator. It makes it very easy. I have ways to show and edit which profiles a game will show up in as well as which games are favourites in each profile.

And there is absolutely no way the removal of install will work. Those of us that don't pirate use that feature quite frequently.

i wasnt saying scrap the "+/- to install/remove" altogether , just moving them to the glaobal menu, as i still think that those option would be used LESS than a "+/- ro add fav/remove fav" - wouldnt they
unsure.gif
?
if they werent 'popular' then why wouldf there be an option to disable install/remove? for those people who have this set, the +/- buttons are useless
thanks for the config BTW - made a comment on your thread, too

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Link5084 said:
Can I transfer my discs onto my hard drive if I have a FAT32 drive?

Huh this really gets asked frequently, so i just added it to the FAT FAQ:

Q: Is it possible to install a game from a dvd disc to a FAT partition in .wbfs format?
A: Yes. Just press button + to install the game as usual.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
If it's possible, a way to dump BCA data from the disc would be preferable to me as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care in the least about 'scene releases' since I dump everything from my own discs. Even if it's not, if it displays it and we can copy it down it's not that much of an inconvenience I guess (even if uLoader must be used). I'm just glad you support this kind of thing now, it seems like a better solution than directly patching NSMBWii, patching with a hex editor, or adding such patches for all games using this new protection (though there don't seem to be many yet).
We were discussing it in chat. It's probably going to be exactly that. Once he figures out the details, oggzee will automatically read the data and create the file as part of the install from the disc.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys. Just curious, but how come the USB Hard Drive needs to be connected to the USB port on the right instead of left? Is it normal for it to take 10 minutes to install each game from disc?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
To those interested in theme downloads, I'm considering adding it to the Configurator app on the PC. Is this wanted?

Link5084 said:
Thanks for the help guys. Just curious, but how come the USB Hard Drive needs to be connected to the USB port on the right instead of left? Is it normal for it to take 10 minutes to install each game from disc?
The additional stuff to make it work with USB drives also tends to kill some of the other features, making peripherals useless. Thus, only one of the ports is patched. And yes, 10 minutes is normal for bigger games (>3GB). The time it takes to dump is dependent on the size of the game.

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there another app you can use to transfer file to/from the Wii via the network to USB HDDs? I've tried FTPii and it connects, but often fails during transfers. Just thought I'd ask here to see what you guys use...

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Don't forget your previous statement of "even backing up games you own is still piracy" (paraphrased).
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON