Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Changes:
* If the loader is used to start a game directly
(from a channel created with crap or similar tools)
and option: intro=0 is specified then no intro
and no progress is displayed until the game is started
This option can be used in config.txt too?

A request: can be implemented an option for games to force the screen aspect to 4:3(for games that no have 16:9 support, like Mario Party 8)?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laurozza said:
This option can be used in config.txt too?

A request: can be implemented an option for games to force the screen aspect to 4:3(for games that no have 16:9 support, like Mario Party 8)?
no, that option can't be used in config.txt, by the time the config is read the intro has already been displayed.

about the widescreen - noted. however it is a very low priority for the moment.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
laurozza said:
Bloodlust said:
The-Magician said:
Is there a way to play James Camerons Avatar The Game with cfg usb loader? There is btw also no sound when activating the game.

Is there any protection in this game?
Seems to have BCA protection, like New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

@oggzee, good update, the support for FAT on SD/SDHC is fantastic. And the subdirs are very handy. Thanks a lot.
If it is the BCA protection, you can give it the GAMEID.bca file.
I haven't tested it though
tongue.gif
Also I'm not sure how to get this data.
The method described in the uLoader 3.2 BCA... thread doesn't result in getting this data?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Skizzo said:
The method described in the uLoader 3.2 BCA... thread doesn't result in getting this data?
Yeah it should, but it looks complicated at the moment, so if i understand correctly you would need to for cfg loader:
- use uloader and retail DVD and click on the show BCA option
- transcript by hand that values to a .bca file using a hex editor
- copy that file to /usb-loader/gameid.bca

note that this differs from the uloader method which is:
- transcript by hand that values to a .iso file on location 0x100 using a hex editor
- install the patched .iso

But i intend to make that manual step automatic - probably add a button to the install screen to dump the bca data to a file. Or maybe just create that file automatically when installing or something...

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Link5084 said:
How do you rip your own burned discs to your USB hard drive from Wii? Is there an option to do that in Configurable USB Loader?

QUOTE(milcoi @ Dec 1 2009, 04:46 PM) try + or -
+ to install. If nothing happen, unlock the loader(default password: BUDAH12).

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Skizzo said:
Yeah it should, but it looks complicated at the moment, so if i understand correctly you would need to for cfg loader:

- transcript by hand that values to a .iso file on location 0x100 using a hex editor

But i intend to make that manual step automatic - probably add a button to the install screen to dump the bca data to a file. Or maybe just create that file automatically when installing or something...
Would be nice if the scene dumpers just started including the data with their releases.
wink.gif

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I just read through all 31 pages of my post and still can't see where the rumors of corruption came from with WBM.
smile.gif

Sure, the splitting to the old 4GB-64KB doesn't work and there was 1 report of CISO not working. But that was just a day or 2 ago. I've tested CISO for a good few hours, converting from anything and everything and can't reproduce the problem. Any other bugs in the app, or have been in the app, were nothing to do with corruption.

If anyone does get corrupt files, I'd like to know. Up until now though, the only reports have been the ones I've just mentioned.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
I just read through all 31 pages of my post and still can't see where the rumors of corruption came from with WBM.
smile.gif

Sure, the splitting to the old 4GB-64KB doesn't work and there was 1 report of CISO not working. But that was just a day or 2 ago. I've tested CISO for a good few hours, converting from anything and everything and can't reproduce the problem. Any other bugs in the app, or have been in the app, were nothing to do with corruption.

If anyone does get corrupt files, I'd like to know. Up until now though, the only reports have been the ones I've just mentioned.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything.
I was referring to some of the these reports:

nikeymikey said:
Just tried adding 2 more games to my HDD using the 4Gb split option, both give black screen upon loading.
Re did the split using wbfs_file 1.7, both games worked fine.
A bug???

Sacohen9665 said:
fig2k4;
It looks like this has been mentioned already, but ther seems to be an issue with the 4GB split in you program (or at least a re-split of a 2GB file)
I did 2 games yesterday and they both ;locked up on a black screen when I went to play them.
I re-did them with wbfs_file and they were fine.
PS Oggzee created a bat file that will do what you are talking about, when you re-split files, it creates a temp folder, re-splits the game to the temp, deletes the old game and copies the new game over to the wbfs folder.
re-split2.bat
Hope you get this figured out.
It's a great tool otherwise.

QUOTE(giantpune @ Nov 22 2009, 08:16 PM) QUOTE(giantpune @ Nov 22 2009, 12:46 AM)
ok. well im trying to transfer the whole 150 games again with oggzee's cli tool. i figure 1 of 3 things will happen.
1. i get errors on the same games as i did with this program. then i just have to play those games from a wbfs partition.
2. i get errors but on different games. then i cuss at my hdd because it is shitty and inconsistant.

3. i dont get any errors on any games. means that there still is a bug in this program.
will report back when i know what to blame.
every game is copied by oggzee's cli tool v1.7 without any errors.

However as i have already noted (yesterday?) I see that you have solved all those issues with version 0.3.x and when you updated your first post with the 0.3.x release I also removed the "non-recommended" note from my first post.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
It's OK. There was just so much talk of corruption, I just thought I'd clear things up.
smile.gif

giantpune's problems were with read/write errors. Most likely from the threading issues. The transfers failed and never produced any corrupted data AFAIK.

The other 2 were caused by the old 4GB-64KB split for some reason. To be honest, I didn't even look at that because I was almost finished with the rewrite. With 4GB-32KB, I resplit all my .wbfs files and they worked fine. Since then I've converted them all to CISO, then back to WBFS to test as well.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have used the 0.3 version of ur great prog fig2k4 and had no problems at all. I will be recommending to all my wii hackin friends that they use it for their wbfs backup needs.

Thanks again for a great, easy to use program.

And thanks Oggzee and co for a fantastic loader. I am an ex GX user, made the jump to cfg because of the FAT32 loading and never went back, even though GX has FAT loading too now. I tried it and came straight back to Cfg.!!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiiztec said:
It has recently come to my attention that the source for the new Gecko OS was released sometime back in august
http://code.google.com/p/usbgecko/downloads/list
It would be great if you could integrate this, as ocarina users would be able to use the new region free codes
I know that, and the answer is already in the FAQ.

QUOTE(wiiztec @ Dec 1 2009, 06:02 PM) also could you add a hooktype option for wiird users?
That would be nice i guess, but i don't have the usb gecko. The recent changes to enable wiird even without ocarina codes were done by Rfrf. If someone wants to submit a patch for the hook types i will include it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Skizzo said:

That sounds like a good idea. Also, when did people figure out that the protection is in the BCA?
EDIT: Nevermind, searched around for that last bit myself.

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
i used to have this working, however after deleting the old version, and then simply copying inSDroot onto the card, the app simply freezes at the boot screen. v48.

Is there anything i need to update or something? i believe i am updated to a safe version of 4.1

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Shiaoran said:
So I think I'll move from disks to USB loading...
What do you guys recommend, external HDDs?

I think a 500GB external HDD would be perfect, right?
Which brand? Those tiny Western Digital ones seem nice and cheap.
It's so worth it. I just picked up the WD Elements Portable 500 GB for only $60 but that was a Black Friday deal. I recommend this over the new WD Passport Essential. The Elements is just a little bigger in physical size (12% in volume) but the new Essential has this Virtual CD software that takes up space and a partition. There's no way to remove it as of yet. However, you can still find the older Essential on Amazon which doesn't have that. Try searching for that model number in particular. The new one has a different one.
for user have essential you can now remove this crap application

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdsmartware

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for $78 pick up the WD My Book External 1TB.. Why use anything smaller size for this great price?

Also, what does that 'crap' application on the WD Essentials do? I never had any issues with my WD My Book.

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Hey Oggzee, any chance of that script you mentioned a few posts up? The one to move all the files to subdirs.
Would b really handy for me.

i too am very keen to get a script to move all my .txt and .wbfs to the individual folders.

many thanks for all your work, everyone.

some ideas:

a) more profiles (ie >10?)

b) an easier way to swap between profiles. How about:
Hold down B for 2 seconds to see a screen of 30 buttons (3 columns by 10 rows), with all the names on the buttons?
pushingit, but maybe chose a your own colour for the profile button?

c) password a profile, to stop kids getting to the Horror or shooter profiles?
ie the default profile should really be child friendly
it could be the one passord for all the ones you password, or simply have password on/off and it is permenantly "A12" to unlock a profile which they would never know
once you change profile, the lock goes on again
maybe a * beside those passworded profile buttons

e) change the default profile loaded

d) an easier way to add/remove favotites from profiles, How about:
point at the file in GUI, ( or select row in console) and hit + or -
ie scrap "+/-" as the "import from disk/ delete file", as i've never used it, and i'm guessing
huh.gif
for most people it's once in a blue moon, or at least less often that changing favorites
ie have "import from disk/ delete file" in the global menu - plenty of space there

hope these would be of use elsewhere, surely i am not the only one with kids
wink.gif

thanks

xakmad

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jodiskett said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Shiaoran said:
So I think I'll move from disks to USB loading...
What do you guys recommend, external HDDs?

I think a 500GB external HDD would be perfect, right?
Which brand? Those tiny Western Digital ones seem nice and cheap.
It's so worth it. I just picked up the WD Elements Portable 500 GB for only $60 but that was a Black Friday deal. I recommend this over the new WD Passport Essential. The Elements is just a little bigger in physical size (12% in volume) but the new Essential has this Virtual CD software that takes up space and a partition. There's no way to remove it as of yet. However, you can still find the older Essential on Amazon which doesn't have that. Try searching for that model number in particular. The new one has a different one.
for user have essential you can now remove this crap application

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdsmartware
It doesn't actually remove it. It only hides it while still taking up space. Granted it's only 700 MB, someone in another thread said the partition it is on takes up more than that. He purchased a 320 GB version and only had 290 GB available. A drive that size should have 298 GB. He also stated that it uses micro USB which sounded like it got loose over time. A reviewer on Amazon mentions this too. Elements and the older Essential use mini USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna...