Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
New version of the Configurator with v49a's new options is out:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174...t&p=2425339

oggzee didn't mention that the fat_install_dir option only determines where the loader installs games to. The loader will read games both with and without directories regardless of the value of the new option. Also, if you aren't using a titles.txt, this also increases your menu loading speed as it will use the title you specify within the directory name.

What's that about faster menu speed? Can you explain again?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up to people that may not have noticed, 49a supports FAT on SD card partitions now. Given all the people that we've had to say that it doesn't work for lately, you'd think somebody would have tried it out by now
unsure.gif

IxthusTiger said:
Dr. Clipper said:
New version of the Configurator with v49a's new options is out:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174...t&p=2425339

oggzee didn't mention that the fat_install_dir option only determines where the loader installs games to. The loader will read games both with and without directories regardless of the value of the new option. Also, if you aren't using a titles.txt, this also increases your menu loading speed as it will use the title you specify within the directory name.

Previously, if you didn't have a titles.txt, the loader had to extract the names of the games out of the files on disc, which can take a little bit of time. Using the directories is another way to avoid that problem.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deakphreak said:
If I read this right, this loader allows for themes. I have added an option to add themes to my website which I can also offer an XML feed for the loader makers so they can implement a theme downloader in the software. Feel free to head on over to http://wii.spiffy360.com/index.php and post your themes for the loader.

greate!! I will post my themes soon.

Oggzee, will there be a option to download new themes for the loader?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
QUOTE said:
* Games in subdirs on FAT: /wbfs/GAMEID_TITLE/GAMEID.wbfs
No need for the text file this case?

The gameid_title.txt was never used by the loader, it was just for the humans to be able to identify the game titles from the ids faster.
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper said:
fat:/wbfs/SMNP01_New_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii/SMNP01.wbfs
Edit: I added the underscores in the title as I assume oggzee used the same name as when generating the text file. It might actually use spaces if you're lucky.
It actually uses spaces, so:
fat:/wbfs/SMNP01_New Super Mario Bros. Wii/SMNP01.wbfs
The first underscore following the GAMEID has to be there! so: GAMEID_
I will add an option to wbfs_file to create the directory too and a script to move all the files to subdirs, if someone prefers it that way.

QUOTE(IxthusTiger @ Dec 1 2009, 08:32 AM)

The current version will work best if you have the titles.txt installed as it will use the title from there instead of opening each individual gameid.wbfs file to lookup the title, which can take a few moments if you have a lot of games. With the support of titles in sub-directories, the title is taken from directory name if it is not found in titles.txt.
Anyway if you do have titles.txt it doesn't matter as it will work the same in both cases.

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
milcoi said:
Oggzee, will there be a option to download new themes for the loader?
Not anytime soon. But maybe ...

Let me know if you want an XML feed to the Configurable USB Loader themes on my website, that way you can add the option easier. This idea came from USB Loader GX which has the option to download themes, but it just parses out my theme pages to get the information.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Bloodlust said:
So are the bugs fixed for Wii backup manager yet? Previously, the 1st post in the topic mentioned it had some bugs..
According to testing performed by redia there are no more corruptions. I haven't tested it, no time.
Also seeing that fig2k4 posted the 0.3 series to his first post i take it he is confident in the stability of the app.
(Although there was a .ciso corruption reported recently but I believe iso-wbfs conversions should be fine.)

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Oggzee, any chance of that script you mentioned a few posts up? The one to move all the files to subdirs.

Would b really handy for me.

Thanks in advance.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Bloodlust said:
The-Magician said:
Is there a way to play James Camerons Avatar The Game with cfg usb loader? There is btw also no sound when activating the game.

Is there any protection in this game?

I don't know. What i do know is that it locks up on level two and every time on the same place.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Bloodlust said:
The-Magician said:
Is there a way to play James Camerons Avatar The Game with cfg usb loader? There is btw also no sound when activating the game.

Seems to have BCA protection, like New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

@oggzee, good update, the support for FAT on SD/SDHC is fantastic. And the subdirs are very handy. Thanks a lot.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Games in subdirs on FAT: /wbfs/GAMEID_TITLE/GAMEID.wbfs

Wasn't expecting that suggestion to pass as i dont see why its needed.

deakphreak said:
If I read this right, this loader allows for themes. I have added an option to add themes to my website which I can also offer an XML feed for the loader makers so they can implement a theme downloader in the software. Feel free to head on over to http://wii.spiffy360.com/index.php and post your themes for the loader.

Very nice. You should get rid of the usb loader gx bannner though if you want more of us cfgers to join.

@pccfatman

if i may suggest you should have a button for converting to iso instead of having to right click it.

oggzee said:
QUOTE(milcoi @ Dec 1 2009, 09:21 AM) Oggzee, will there be a option to download new themes for the loader?
Not anytime soon. But maybe ...

It's the feature i'm looking forward to most.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
laurozza said:
Bloodlust said:
The-Magician said:

@oggzee, good update, the support for FAT on SD/SDHC is fantastic. And the subdirs are very handy. Thanks a lot.

So this game is not playable at the moment? So far, only NSMB and this has BCA protection, any others?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laurozza said:
Bloodlust said:
The-Magician said:

If it is the BCA protection, you can give it the GAMEID.bca file.
I haven't tested it though
tongue.gif
Also I'm not sure how to get this data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM