marko1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I can now finally confirm that Zelda works fine on G6lite. I updated the loader, which I couldn`t update last time I tried, there was some error so I gave up. Now I managed to update it and I know that this was the cause that I kept loosing the save file for Zelda. Now to get my rupees back
biggrin.gif
THANKS FOR HELP EVERYONE!

jimmy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, I have the 4.8D softw. but I don't think I got the firmw. updated yet. I have tried but it doesn't seem to update.

I got the new g6loader& g6verify files. I plugged the usb and the gba cart in, then I draged the 2 files in the root directory which was harddisc K. Inside there was also a GBA and NDS directory. After that I put the cart back and I went into GBA mode and into "my cards", I couldn't select the g6loader and it didn't work to press A,B,start&select at the green text either, I would get another message than update confirmation.

Where is the G6update Icon?

"
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive."

Where exactly is this ?

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works for me with no soft reset, dofat/force rw, no trim. using the latest firmware and manager. awesome game.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I have the 4.8D softw. but I don't think I got the firmw. updated yet. I have tried but it doesn't seem to update.

I got the new g6loader& g6verify files. I plugged the usb and the gba cart in, then I draged the 2 files in the root directory which was harddisc K. Inside there was also a GBA and NDS directory. After that I put the cart back and I went into GBA mode and into "my cards", I couldn't select the g6loader and it didn't work to press A,B,start&select at the green text either, I would get another message than update confirmation.

Where is the G6update Icon?

"
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive."

Where exactly is this ?
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but the root directory is your K. It should not be inside any subdirectories, just in K. Also, to update I have never gone into "my cards." In the newer firmwares there is an update icon on the first page of GBA mode. On the old ones you had to press A+B+Start+Select at the very first green text in GBA mode, but you already knew that. Then it goes through an update for a few minutes. One of these two options should be working for you.

lckmylaic0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded the newest version, put the 2 files in the root directory...went into gameboy mode, pressed a+B+X+Y+select+start and it said reload ? yes or no. i hit yes and then it just kind of freezes up and the number 2 appears over the yes button....

any ideas or can anyone tell me step by step how to update correctly....

much appreciated. thanks.

liang123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If 2 appears on the yes then I think you have to format it, that's what happened to me just 2 hours after I bought my g6. And for Zelda, i wrote the settings on trim rom and it worked! but on normal settings it just went into a black screen and in soft reset in just froze on the nintendo screen

JehutyLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have upgraded to u-disk manager 4.8D, but I suspect that I have not upgraded the Firmware... How can I do that? Where can I download the latest Firmware etc? Maybe there a guide on the forum?

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You download the G6 Lite firmware which is two files.

You place those files in the root of your card. You select G6 update in GBA mode on your DS.

The screen will display the progress and state not to switch off the power.

Afterwards, you can confirm the firmware version in DS mode by pressing left and selecting "About".

Hope that helps...

Edit:

All download files are on www.handheldsources.com or http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ which often hosts the newest files before the handheldsources site.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+ once the update is done, you can delete the two filesÂ
wink.gif

Absolutely!

Worth checking it worked via DS mode first though. I had one occasion when it didn't until the second attempt - but then that was with my old trusty early version of the G6 Lite. I haven't had half as many problems with that one as I have with my more recent G6 Lites though.

BTW. I have 4 DS's, 6 G6 Lites, 1 G6 DS 8Gb and 1 G6 DS 16Gb. And numerous GBA flash kits.

JehutyLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You download the G6 Lite firmware which is two files.

You place those files in the root of your card. You select G6 update in GBA mode on your DS.

The screen will display the progress and state not to switch off the power.

Afterwards, you can confirm the firmware version in DS mode by pressing left and selecting "About".

Hope that helps...

Edit:

All download files are on www.handheldsources.com or http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ which often hosts the newest files before the handheldsources site.

Thx a bunch
bow.gif
, SAVING works now (:

Also I had 4.3a firmware before I upgraded
wacko.gif
shy.gif
, I've been just upgrading the u-disk manager
biggrin.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
For the G6 lite firmware update you need http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...4.8_English.zip
( see http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/?jsoff for other versions )

Then please read Loader.txt to understand the "upgrade process"
QUOTE said:
New method:
Steps:
=====
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive.
2)Entering into GBA mode. (read "note" for details.)
3)Select the "G6update" icon and press the "A" to run the update program.

Old method:
Steps:
=====
GBA console:
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6 U-Disk drive.
2)Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
3)Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.Â
NDS console:
1)Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of the G6U-Disk drive.
2)Entering into GBA mode. (read "note" for details.)
3)Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
4)Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.Â
(PASSCARD, PASSKEY, PASSME, FLASHME may be necessary for properly booting flashcard.)

Note:
1)To Check the G6 loader version by clicking the "G6 manager" tag from the G6 nds main menu . The version information contains inside the "about" document.
2)If errors occur during the update process, please use the G6 maintainence tools "MPutility" to format the G6 u-disk and format G6 with "FAT(16)" under window system. Then carrying out the update procedures again.
3)There are 3 following methods below to get into GBA mode.
i)For all users: Booting up the NDS, press "Y" at the G6 main menu to make console entering into GBA mode.
ii)*For Flashme users: Press the "select" button while booting up the console to allow users entering into the NDS main menu. Users may chick the GBA icon from the menu to enter into GBA mode.
iii)*For Passcard users: Un-plug the PASSCARD may also allow users entering into the NDS main menu. Users may chick the GBA icon from the menu to enter into GBA mode.

You must also upgrade the PC software with http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...Fullinstall.rar wich is the full install ( 39 Mo) with firmware also included since you need the PC application v4.8D and the G6 update . If you are up to V.4.7 you can upgrade with the standalone updater ( not including the g6 firmware ) http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...4.8d_Update.rar ( < 1Mo )

So to resume : Both upgrade for G6 and PC application are needed and no arm fix at all !

zam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played the game for a while now, I'm using loader 4.8d and firmware 4.8, left everything to defaults, saving worked fine. European version.

But now i have a serious problem. I got the second sea card out of the temple and now my seaman mate says I need to clean it, but that simply doesn't work, I can't clean it with the styles, it takes no effect! Anybody else got this "bug" or am I missing something?

giardia100

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the game for a while now, I'm using loader 4.8d and firmware 4.8, left everything to defaults, saving worked fine. European version.

But now i have a serious problem. I got the second sea card out of the temple and now my seaman mate says I need to clean it, but that simply doesn't work, I can't clean it with the styles, it takes no effect! Anybody else got this "bug" or am I missing something?

you have to BLOW INTO the mic to clean map-using stylus will not do jack!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: psi, I don't want to give you guys ammunition for the wario jokes, but i'd smash all except...