biggrin.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Controls are bad. He need to go very far to the edges of the screen to turn...

I hope they optimize that or they should look at MoHH2!

They've already said multiple times that every bit of the aiming is customisable, they even looked at Metroid Prime 3 and MoH:Heroes for inspiration. This looks fairly interesting, and looks a lot like Half-Life 2 IMO (not a bad thing really).

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
feds4u said:
Yeah I kind of like this one myself. Now we've also got rumors of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Pikmin 3. And since I like Animal Crossing I'm more than satisfied.
Aren't the Pikmin 3 rumors as old as the Wii itself?
unsure.gif

What's next, Pilotwings and Kid Icarus?
Even if those rumours are true, it'll take at least another year for any of the now rumored games to be released, so do rumors really satisfy you?

And Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't happen. Not on the Wii, not on Nintendo's next system.
It is possible (although highly unlikely) that the Wii might get another Mario game in the future, but if Nintendo had a new Mario in development for the Wii, that would be one of the games they'd sure as hell have mentioned during the press conference...

So, whereever you got that rumours from, don't trust them.

QUOTE(Master Mo @ Jul 16 2008, 08:56 AM) Controls are bad. He need to go very far to the edges of the screen to turn...

The controls are fully customizable, one of the devs even compared them to MoH's controls.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
feds4u said:
Yeah I kind of like this one myself. Now we've also got rumors of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Pikmin 3. And since I like Animal Crossing I'm more than satisfied.
Aren't the Pikmin 3 rumors as old as the Wii itself?
unsure.gif

What's next, Pilotwings and Kid Icarus?
Even if those rumours are true, it'll take at least another year for any of the now rumored games to be released, so do rumors really satisfy you?

And Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't happen. Not on the Wii, not on Nintendo's next system.
It is possible (although highly unlikely) that the Wii might get another Mario game in the future, but if Nintendo had a new Mario in development for the Wii, that would be one of the games they'd sure as hell have mentioned during the press conference...

So, whereever you got that rumours from, don't trust them.

QUOTE(Master Mo @ Jul 16 2008, 08:56 AM) Controls are bad. He need to go very far to the edges of the screen to turn...

The controls are fully customizable, one of the devs even compared them to MoH's controls.

Actually.. your pretty wrong there.. Last year they didn't even mention Brawl in the confrence.

Like I've bene saying.. The confrence is no longer a time to make announcements about million sellers.. Investors know those will sell. It's to prove the concept of unproven concepts.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Controls are bad. He need to go very far to the edges of the screen to turn...

They've already said multiple times that every bit of the aiming is customisable, they even looked at Metroid Prime 3 and MoH:Heroes for inspiration. This looks fairly interesting, and looks a lot like Half-Life 2 IMO (not a bad thing really).

Oh, thats good to hear. Strange, that he prefer playing it that way... I really liked it in MoHH2, that the screen immediately follows the cursor if not cantered! But if it is customizable then I`m fine with how he likes to play it
biggrin.gif

Otherwise the game looks fantastic.

Strange, that the two games I`m looking forward the most are CoD and Conduit. I just love the controls
tongue.gif
(oh, and ToS2 and Wario and maybe some more... But Wario is the only one from Nintendo haha)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm still looks extremely generic, I know we don't get many of these sort of games but still.

Still its getting positive playtests so I'll wait until I see the final build.

I heard that they are still having problems getting a publisher and one told them they can put it out as "a quick crappy £20 title".

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Mmm still looks extremely generic, I know we don't get many of these sort of games but still.

I heard that they are still having problems getting a publisher and one told them they can put it out as "a quick crappy £20 title".
Well considering that most FPSs are generic, I guess you are right.
tongue.gif

Anywho, the "quick crappy $20 title" line came out because the publisher they spoke to said the platform just doesnt fit what the Wii is doing. Boy do I hate generalizations.
mad.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Hadrian said:

tongue.gif

Anywho, the "quick crappy $20 title" line came out because the publisher they spoke to said the platform just doesnt fit what the Wii is doing. Boy do I hate generalizations.
mad.gif

But can you really blame them from saying that when shovelware outnumbers the decent games almost 2:1.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
jservs7 said:
Hadrian said:

tongue.gif

mad.gif

But can you really blame them from saying that when shovelware outnumbers the decent games almost 2:1.
Really? I thought it was 3:1
smile.gif
The generalization I was speaking of is the whole "kiddy console" theory.

Anywho, stay tuned to IGN live wire at 9PM EST for a segment on the Conduit LIVE!!!
biggrin.gif

http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it looks really good. Some of the weapons are crazy; bullets that curve corners! I must admit though some of the level design really doesn't wow me. Especially that one area in the trailer; the player is coming out of a whole in the building on to a street that has a corner not too far off. The corner where the buildings connect doesnt make sense. Buildings would never touch like that.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Yeah it looks really good. Some of the weapons are crazy; bullets that curve corners! I must admit though some of the level design really doesn't wow me. Especially that one area in the trailer; the player is coming out of a whole in the building on to a street that has a corner not too far off. The corner where the buildings connect doesnt make sense. Buildings would never touch like that.
Im not sweatin' that at all since HV spoke over and over again on how the next few months they'll be working on all the textures. These demos were based on gameplay only, but the graphics are impressive for such an early stage.
smile.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
conduit.jpg

See that corner where the buildings connect? I hate that. It probably doesnt mean anything about the a game but whatever. I imagine a alleyway connect to a beach front there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.