Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Earlier today, we were told that Nintendo Power had information on The Conduit 2. Now we can confirm that the rumor is indeed true, as the most recent issue features an 8-page blowout on the title. Below you can find a transcript of some information from the issue, thanks to our friends at ConduitNetwork.

Though High Voltage isn't ready to spill the beans about specific[online] modes just yet, the studio promises a bevy of new gameplay types, as well as the return of the first game's innovative Bounty Hunter mode.

As you might expect, weapons like the Vortex Cannon will add a few wrinkles to online competition, as will the introduction of different character classes, each with unique attributes. You'll also be able to unlock suit upgrades that bestow your character with special skills; robotic legs, for example, will let you sprint greater distances."

"Right now, the plan is to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game. From a purely cosmetic standpoint, you'll have tons of options to change your character's appearance using the same modular system the team uses to diversify enemies. For those who prefer to keep their gun fights local, Conduit 2 will feature a two-to four-player splitscreen option for all of the game's competitive modes.

And when you want to take a break from blasting your friends and loved ones, you can team up with them in the new co-op Invasion mode. Up to four players can join forces (either via splitscreen or online), and the challenges they'll face are unique to this mode. Further details remain under wraps, but we always welcome the chance to eradicate some alien scum with our fellow humans."

"Their first order of business: expanding the game's scope, "In the first Conduit, I think the core experience is very sold," says producer Josh Olson."

- ASE returns
- set in Atlantis
- SEGA publishing
- Huge boss battles
- old/new weapons

All I can think of is "finish your other fucking games first before doing another project".

Can't say I'm fussed about a sequel to a mediocre generic game, saying that Red Steel was much worse and the sequel turned out to be very good. I just hope that gameplay extends to being more than "scan some walls...get trapped in a room and not be allowed to leave until all creatures are dead" routine that made the original boring for me.

Linky

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
All I can think of is "finish your other fucking games first before doing another project".

Can't say I'm fussed about a sequel to a mediocre generic game, saying that Red Steel was much worse and the sequel turned out to be very good. I just hope that gameplay extends to being more than "scan some walls...get trapped in a room and not be allowed to leave until all creatures are dead" routine that made the original boring for me.

Very true. That did get a bit annoying and made the game boring.

I just hope they add some decent and bigger levels. Maybe add a new sniper rifle to the game other than that one orange/fireball mouth thingy gun.

Even if the reviews are crap for this game, it will still be added to my pirated collection nonetheless. The first game I enjoyed A LOT, this sequel will probably interest me as well.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here's some more info:
QUOTE said:
- Set in Atlantis
- Other locations include Siberia, Agartha, Washington D.C.
- Team is focusing on art/story
- New gameplay types for online
- Bounty Hunter mode returning
- Different character classes, each has unique attributes
- Can unlock suit upgrades (ex: robotic legs that let you sprint farther)
- WiiSpeak support
- High Voltage, for now, has decided “to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game.”
- Will be able to change character’s appearance
- 2-4 player splitscreen option for all competitive
- Co-op Invasion mode: Up to 4 players (online or local), has unique challenges
- New weapons: Vortex Cannon and Phase Rifle
- Vortex Cannon: Sends bullets back at enemies with a more powerful force
- Phase Rifle: Shoot through walls
- Old weapons will be returning
- Some old weapons are seeing a facelift
- About 7 new weapons
- Big boss battles
- ASE also returning
- ASE used for more things other than puzzles (can do a lot of scanning, which is recorded)
- Can use TPC ammo as mines
- SEGA publishing again
- No release date
I thought the first one was ok, so i'll probably give this a try too.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the first one. The details sound promising. I'm just thinking this wont be that great. Like Hadrian said they have too many projects. A game like this needs to focus of the studio. You can't be splitting the studio when you have a game like this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least it has split screen. The big problem with the popular Wii FPS games is that they lack splitscreen.

Also, Phase Rifle? What the fuck is that alien weapon in Perfect Dark that shoots through walls called again?

The first one had a thoroughly mediocre story mode but the online was quite good. Had me hooked for quite a few weeks. Sure, it was pretty much a Halo clone to some extent, but that doesn't mean it was bad.

I'll be looking forward to this. Although with all the shit HVS has been pulling lately, I don't think I'll be willing to support them and buy this game. I bought the first one, though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was the only game they were developing then I'll hope for it, really I would but they always have several on the go. When they announced the Gladiator game, they also shown The Grinder...which looked like they were doing while finishing The Conduit...and also they were doing the shit Astro Boy games...and the looks like shit Iron Man 2 games.

They need to prioritise otherwise they'll never get anywhere. I understand doing licensed games to fund others but doing three other games as well as a licensed game isn't the way to do things.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Way more info is out now but some of it is spoiler so..
* Bounty Hunter mode is back
* More level design, gameplay design
* Sci-fi element was embraced
* Game starts off with thunder, torrential downpour, you’re in a huge oil derrick in the middle of an ocean
* Picks up immediately after the original when you enter the portal
* You’re not sure where you are when you enter the portal and land in the ocean
* Derrick’s occupants begin to shoot at you
* Game will have some “big vistas and multi-tiered areas”
* Multiple paths, team wants the game “to feel bigger and give players the sense that there’s more going on”
* Sea serpent attacks the facility
* “Having those types of ‘wow’ moments is really important”
* Quantum 3 engine still being refined
* Ford continues to go through the oil derrick, fights with the leviathan one-on-one
* Have to use one of the derrick’s mounted defense targets since normal weapons won’t work
* Serpent targets you and generator that powers the turrets
* Need to find the serpent’s weak points, stun him, then impale him with a harpoon from a turret
* Game has an airborne chase scene, take control of a ship’s rear gun emplacement, shoot pursuers (one enemy type is jet pack-equipped soldiers)
* More NPCs, Ford can interact with them
* There are other aliens besides Adams around the world who control territories
* Adams has been particularly successful, wants to take over the world
* Ford needs to get the help of the other aliens
* Atlantis is the hub, portals to other areas are there
* Some freedom in terms of which stage you’ll take on next
* One mission has you going to Washington DC, need to recover important artifact from the Smithsonian
* More alien growth in the city than in the first game, Drudge and Trust still fighting there
* “AI vs. AI vs. player now”
* Will happen upon fights already taking place
* “The AI in particular has been a big focus for us. We really want the enemies to come across as intelligent. In the first game, they just sit there waiting for you to show up. This time, we want it to feel like a living environment, like everyone was doing something before you got there.”
* Interactive elements in the environment (stuff moves, objects break, enemy knocks over soda machine for cover)
* Wider variety of hostiles, some specific to a location
* Atlantis: 30-foot-tall Guardians
* Siberia: Robotic wolves
* Differences between human soldiers, can carry any weapon (affects AI)
* SEGA/High Voltage will be holding a contest: Can get your name/face on a Missing Person flier or a Wanted poster
* 18 firearms from the original
* Have to tune the Phase Rifle by twisting Wiimote
* Deployable Turret: Set it down, control it with handheld display, can pull the trigger and have it autoaim or target manually
* Regarding the AsE: “…more puzzles and hacking minigames. It’s also a bit more of a detective tool now, we’re trying to put a lot more conspiracy objects and secrets in the environments to give you more reasons to use the ASE. Once you’ve scanned an object, you’ll be able to learn more about it in the game’s new data log. So it really plays into us trying to tell a deeper story.”
* ASE tied to Atlantis
* – Using the ASE, can have a bit of control over the Guardians
* – 12 players online
The whole 8 page interview can be found here.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, here's some early screens...

inline_1270055263.jpg

More here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-