Hacking Concerning Rebug downloads

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this it contains a link to Rebug 4.46 Lite http://rebug.me/download/4.46.1_LITE_LINKS.rar it's the latest version of rebug and i would highly recommend you go with that.

On your USB Drive make a folder in all caps and call it PS3 and make another folder inside PS3 and call it UPDATE and then drag the rebug file in to the UPDATE Folder and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP Now take your USB Drive with rebug on it and put it in Your PS3 and update it.

Happy Hacking :yayps3:

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you! It'll be a few days before I get free time to do this so I'll ask some more questions before I go. Will I be able to play my back up games as soon as I do this, or is there more steps?

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would say only one more question but with my luck that would be a lie. First up, how do I load up multiman and do I have to do anything special with the folder name that contains the back up games? Like wii, where its 'Game name [GAMEID]'

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download the .pkg file and put it on your usb drive and install it on your ps3 via install package files

And no you do not have to do anything special with the folders

All you do to backup your games in MultiMan is 1.Load up Multi-Man 2.Insert the game you wish to back-up 3.Hit Triangle and then "Copy" and select dev_hdd0

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you want to play your backups just load multiman and then select your game that you backed up and then multiman will return you to the main menu aka XMB and then your game will show up just select it and it will start it's that simple ;)

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, this is gunna sound stupid but this is just incase you arent able to quickly answer my questions tomorrow, which is when I'll hopefully find time to do all this. How do I install mulitiman?

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will you be able to answer my questions tomorrow around this time? I'm kinda busy at the moment. Thank you for your help already tho.

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I probably wont need to downgrade my ps3, I've bought an old 40 gig one just for homebrew stuff. Just waiting for a day off to do everything. Tomorrow is the day.
Secondly, in the youtube, the person installed 3 files, while I only got one pkg file, is that fine?
Finally, I just noticed in your sig that you are offering a ps2 thing. Whatever FreeMCBoot is, would it make me able to play back-up games from a hard-drive through the ps2?

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off you need to check the firmware that your ps3 is on (Do this by going to Settings -->System Information) if it's on 3.55 or lower than no you do not have to downgrade.
However if its on 3.56 or greater than you will have to downgrade your ps3 with an E3 Flasher.

And secondly yes FreeMcBoot will allow you to play PS2 games off of your PS2'S HDD Just to explain what freemcboot is its basically a memory card exploit that allows you to run backups and homebrew on your PlayStation 2 System if your interested in a freemcboot install just let me know ;)

And lastly to answer your question yes one PKG file is all you should need.

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will do and get back to you, I have yet to actually get the ps3, its in transit to the store which i ordered it from.

Can the HDD be outside of the ps2? I'm pretty interested if so.

Sweet.

Just to clue you in, what my plan is to make a SUPER MEGA ULTRA CONSOLE. A ps2/3, wii, xbox all mixed into one. All running homebrew/back ups off a HDD so no changing discs or anything. What do you think?
I've done the wii part so far.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well lemme know when you get it ;)

What exactly do you mean by be outside? If you mean can you get an external USB HDD and hook it up to the PS2 then yes. If you mean can you take the PS2 HDD and put it in the Wii or Xbox then the answer is most definitley no.

Btw i hate to dissappoint you but you cannot just take one HDD and mix all three consoles into one Super Console. It will not work it's not even feasible or possible really. You can definitley mod all your cosnoles though ;)

Also if you have any questions about Wii Xbox or PS3 feel free to ask FYI all my consoles are hacked :tpi:

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I meant can you use an external hard-drive. How do I do the things?

Why do you think it wouldnt work?
By mixing all the consoles into one i meant the consoles would still stay apart, but they would all run the back-up games off the same HDD. I would then crack open the cases and put it into a custom plastic shell, so all the wires are neat and tidy.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad i thought u literally meant all the consoles into one i'm sorry, what you mentioned would work just fine man.

And yes you can use an external HDD on the PS2 :yayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P