[Concept]GBA Emulation on the DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Akiyo, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2009
  1. Akiyo
    OP

Member Akiyo GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Now now,settle down kids, rest assured, this isnt a "CAN WE PLAY GBA ROM ON SLOT 1 DS DEVICEZ?"

Well, as we have previously discussed, a GBA rom would,never,ever run-able from SLOT-1 device due to hardward restriction.
    (i'll skip the hypervisor blabbers.)

Seeing that Nintendo,this time, had the courtesy of removing backwards compatibility completely this time,that means the DSi itself is designed to only run, and ONLY slot-1 stuff.

At that kind of specs, and Team Twiizer's discovery lately, software emulation of GBA on DSi might be not so far away =P

Just my two cents =P

FLAME ON!

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    wow i might get a dsi just for this reason maybe that's why nintendo took away backward compability because they can emulate it and sell it as a virtualware like what psn did

3. Akiyo
    OP

Japan
    i thought vwares were more like a port,,,,

4. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes good news and bad news... If you bought a DSi cart (the first ones) I beleive you are going to buy a new one to have full power of DSi to put it in DSi Mode because my thorey is theres something inside the cart that lauches it in DSi Mode they wher using a DSi Enhanced Game so that boosts my thorey secondly No Proper Homebrew using the DSi Fetures has yet been released (besides the video) access to RAM has been enabled but has it been made use of yet no! DSi Mode just only got cracked so calm down overall I reckon this is possible but only with the DSi in DSi Mode and YES its only in roumor that Nintendo r making a virtual console kinda thing so you can buy the GBA games (again)

5. Akiyo
    OP

Japan
    Civilization invented comas and fullstops, USE THEM FOR FK SAKE.

Seeing how Team Twiizers did it, i think DSi-compatible carts might just a little software updates - seeing that Team Twiizer only used some sort of save-exploits.

6. UnFallen

Member UnFallen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Games will become DSi only sooner or later so if Team Twiizer add the GBA function to it then it becomes a more reasonable buy.

7. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    cant we wait for dsi homebrew first before making the damn threads?

just my...erhm.. 1 cent

8. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Yeah, and since there were lots of GBA SP exclusive games, that's more likely to happen. [/sarcasm]

There will be exclusive games for the DSi? Yes, but just a few. Most of them will just probably be exclusive because of using the camera in-game.

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    This. We don't even know how completely we can access the DSi hardware yet. Maybe there's some crazy hypervisor in there we don't yet know about.

Just wait for DSi homebrew, then start speculating [​IMG] A thread like this is just a noob-dream magnet for now [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.