Gaming computer help

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok need some help I was trying to convert a movie i bought off of iTunes and I used handbrake to do so however all of the sudden my computer s window explorer went into a boot loop and it kep crashing my computers window explorer, I can turn off and stuff like that the thing is there is a file left that I cannot get rid of and every time in safe mode I try to delete it won't let me and crashes my windows explorer I'm on windows 7 as well any one know of a way to fix this also I don't think this is a virus

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murkurie said:
not exactly sure what is wrong, but get a hold of a ubuntu live cd, and delete using ubuntu

Odd coincidence I regained about 19GB's of space on my second hard drives today doing exactly this, it seems like Windows 7 does not like you to delete old windows installs.

Also I was going to recommend the same thing.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
so no one knows a solution to this problem?Holy shit.

murkurie said:
You boot into Ubuntu, and open the windows partition and go find the offending file, then delete it, reboot and there you go no more crashing from said file.
murkurie said:
reboot and there you go no more crashing from said file.QUOTE(murkurie @ Nov 8 2010, 01:06 AM) and there you go no more crashing from said file.
QUOTE(murkurie @ Nov 8 2010, 01:06 AM)
and there you go no more crashing

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
so no one knows a solution to this problem?
...murkurie told you what Ubuntu would do so give that a shot.

Edit: Damn you Rydian, you beat me to it =(

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured it out, i went to the log to see what the errors were and i deleted the .dll files that were in the conflict, so yea thanks for the advice people, @Rydian i dont know where to get a unbutu live cd so i would have made that a last resort to buy something

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
figured it out, i went to the log to see what the errors were and i deleted the .dll files that were in the conflict, so yea thanks for the advice people, @Rydian i dont know where to get a unbutu live cd so i would have made that a last resort to buy something
You do realize your typing on a computer connected to the internet, the GREATEST FUCKING SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE know to man kind. You literally have the cumulative knowledge of the world at your finger tips, you can type anything into google and receive an answer. Long story short, go to Ubuntu.com (or google it) click on the download page, download the 32bit or 64bit version depending on your CPU, burn that to a disc, start it in Live mode (i.e. dont install it, just boot off the disc). And ta-da, instant access to your filesystem.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Crass, i thought i had to buy it 1st off, i was just looking for an internal way to fix it which i did, and yes i used the internet to figure it out i googled problems with windows explorer crashing, and it said something about looking at the error logs so i did and i found some of the warning ones and found the files i needed and deleted them and it was more that i couldnt delete a file there were .dll files running that i figured out were depending on this certain file

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
squirrelman10 said:
You do realize your typing on a computer connected to the internet, the GREATEST FUCKING SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE know to man kind. You literally have the cumulative knowledge of the world at your finger tips, you can type anything into google and receive an answer. Long story short, go to Ubuntu.com (or google it) click on the download page, download the 32bit or 64bit version depending on your CPU, burn that to a disc, start it in Live mode (i.e. dont install it, just boot off the disc). And ta-da, instant access to your filesystem.

You win GBATemp post of the decade. I giggled like a school girl. This is why we need Karma buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded