composite video to VGA?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010

composite video to VGA? by baffle-boy at 7:04 AM (693 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i want to connect my wii's standard composite video cable to a projector that only has VGA and DVI ports. and i was wondering if i could just use some cable with the right ends or will i have to buy some sort of a converter box...

here is the cord i saw... there was quite a few from different stores (but the fact that you can plug in composite audio cords seems fishy...
    [​IMG]

2. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I guess this cord is for some graphicscard which have a special VGA port which ist a TV out port at the same time...this won't help you with your wii..you will need such a converter box

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    You'll need a device to convert the signal. Having an adaptor to convert the cable isn't enough. [​IMG]

4. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i didnt think it would work... yeah probably for some weird graphics card. on the broight side, my new graphics card came in the mail today!!! W00T TF2 Here i come!