composite video to VGA?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    i want to connect my wii's standard composite video cable to a projector that only has VGA and DVI ports. and i was wondering if i could just use some cable with the right ends or will i have to buy some sort of a converter box...

here is the cord i saw... there was quite a few from different stores (but the fact that you can plug in composite audio cords seems fishy...
    [​IMG]

2. Raki

Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I guess this cord is for some graphicscard which have a special VGA port which ist a TV out port at the same time...this won't help you with your wii..you will need such a converter box

3. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    You'll need a device to convert the signal. Having an adaptor to convert the cable isn't enough. [​IMG]

4. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    i didnt think it would work... yeah probably for some weird graphics card. on the broight side, my new graphics card came in the mail today!!! W00T TF2 Here i come!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice