ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dgrin said:
BTW I noticed a tiny mistake somewhere..Manaka said "meet each other when ever"...
Do you remember where? It'd help me fix it faster unless jjjewel knows which scene you're talking about.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L551 said:
All I ask is that you try, jjjewel. It sucks not being able to patch the game on my own, for the lack of another OS. (And none of my friends wanted to do it for me either T_T )
I PM'ed you a file for you to test. Please let me know if it works or not. If you or someone with MAC has any idea about programs I should try for making the patch, just let me know.

Dgrin said:
jjjewel, I was wondering if there's a list out there on the games you've worked on translating?
I want to follow your work closely,lol...
I have Tokimeki Memorial Girls' Side 1st Love Plus as my first project. It was an open translation project so I only helped with some translations. (It's a game for girls though. So I don't know if you'll like it. But you can give it a try.
happy.gif
) I'm not really confident with my English, so if you like the translation, it's possibly because other translators and the editors have done a nice job.
wub.gif
)

OceanBlue said:
QUOTE(Dgrin @ May 13 2011, 03:19 AM)
BTW I noticed a tiny mistake somewhere..Manaka said "meet each other when ever"...
Do you remember where? It'd help me fix it faster unless jjjewel knows which scene you're talking about.
I've tried to look for this one, but I couldn't find it. Maybe we've fixed it already? I think it's the one where either you ask Manaka out or she asks you out, and then she says, "It's nice that we can meet each other whenever we want." or something like that. But I'm not sure.
So, Dgrin, if you remember when you saw that line, please let us know. Thank you.
biggrin.gif

-------------------------

[Edited]
L551 has made a patch for MAC users. I added it to the download page here;

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/downloads
(There's a new link added for Patch V 0.4 for Mac users.)

Thank you very much, L551.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Got the second DS. Now testing with connectivity.
P5140048.jpg

Oh yeah, btw, the save files from previous patch still can be used.

Test 01 : Send save data = SUCCESS
P5140050.jpg

Test 02 : Talk mode = FAIL. I can't see the save files. I'm still looking for the cause.
P5140053.jpg

On the minor note.
After the patch, the game's logo doesnt show up at all. The game still launch like normal. And yeah. its a R4 with Wood.
P5140045.jpg

On the other DS, it was YSmenu. I guess it was the ROM itself.
P5140046.jpg

Now that I got 2 DS in disposal, anything else should I test?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
Test 01 : Send save data = SUCCESS
P5140050.jpg
Now that I got 2 DS in disposal, anything else should I test?

Thank you very much.
wub.gif

Picture in test 01 on your bottom DS shows some messed up text. ("Waiting for the Finished.") If you could try to take the picture of the different texts that appear on screen, it will be very helpful. I can try to fix it and maybe if you have time, I can send an exclusive patch for you to test.
smile.gif

(Like I said so many times before, this game doesn't arrange text in a normal way. The texts always get scrambled and you won't see how the output comes out until you really play it to that part.)

For the logo, I don't know what's wrong and why it shows up like that on your DS.

For the Talk Mode, you'll have to get at least one save after confession (where you have a girlfriend) to play it.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
On it. By the way, another surprising news!

I just discover this. One can actually transfer the save data from their English-patched LovePlus to unpatched, clean LovePlus+!!! Sweet.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I discovered a lot of thing today alone.

I found the save files from the old LovePlus which I used to play until I got the original cart, so I tried to load it up with the patched LovePlus. Sure enough it didnt work.

And then, I load the save files with the unpatched Love Plus, and tried to transfer the data to the patched LovePlus. And to my surprise, it also work!
P5140073-1.jpg

P5140075.jpg

This is the old save files on the unpatched Love Plus.
P5140077.jpg

And this is the same save file transfered to the patched Love Plus.
P5140079.jpg

Save files for Nene is now complete and ready for Talk mode test. Now I have to work a bit to have a complete save files of Manaka and Rinko too so I can test them later on.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, Czero90.

Could you help taking another photo of the screen when you abort the data transmission halfway?
I want to see what text shows up in that case.
Thank you.
wub.gif

P.S. In one of my save files, I also used last name MORI.
happy.gif

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
jjjewel yes that line was where i noticed the tiny mistake!^___^

man it's cool to know you can transfer the save in more ways than once! thank you guys,

ooh, i'm a guy and I'm playing your 'Tokimeki Memorial Girls' Side 1st Love Plus' translation from time to time..XD
it's great that it has so many common things with LovePlus, though I think it's more "game-like" than the more realistic lovePlus,

I can't wait to see what's in store with the 3DS game, i hope it's a completely new game with different strategy than the first two,
you know, have more to give for the players who've played the first games and get drawned right in,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this bug, but sometimes when i enter Loveplus mode and she talks to me first, before entering the screen where you get the instructions,
(like when she says things like "ohh you're here again?" or "it's late what are you doing up so late?") after returning to the first loveplus mode screen the instructions are all messed up on the screen and
you can't hit the button to move forward with the instructions (the "1/6" button is messed up all over the screen) so I have to close it everytime that happens and the girl gets colder and colder,lol..
I'm downloading the patch and rom again to see if it's a technical problem cause by the files I downloaded and not the patch and will let you know,

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dgrin said:
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this bug, but sometimes when i enter Loveplus mode and she talks to me first, before entering the screen where you get the instructions,
(like when she says things like "ohh you're here again?" or "it's late what are you doing up so late?") after returning to the first loveplus mode screen the instructions are all messed up on the screen and
you can't hit the button to move forward with the instructions (the "1/6" button is messed up all over the screen) so I have to close it everytime that happens and the girl gets colder and colder,lol..
I'm downloading the patch and rom again to see if it's a technical problem cause by the files I downloaded and not the patch and will let you know,
Thanks. I don't have that problem. But make sure you don't use any kind of cheat codes on the file. Or if you want to use cheat codes, at least back up your save file somewhere first, just in case. (The girls probably hate you when you cheat. That's why there are so many problems with cheat codes.
laugh.gif
)

Anyway, the problems with cheat codes only occur in the patched rom. I think there might be some conflicts in the codes or something after we modified the game.

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dgrin said:

actually that happen to me to
But i Can Push the Buttons you just have to find them touching the screen in different locations

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anton123 said:
L551 said:
So umm.. how do I patch on OSX?

http://gbatemp.net/t180142-ds-rom-patcher-for-mac-os-x? gives XD3_INVALID_INPUT using the patch

and MultiPatch says it's not supported.

Have you tried using Darwine to run xdelta.exe?

http://darwine.sourceforge.net/

This problem has already been resolved. And I used Winebottler, but that didn't work without a winetricks item, but it doesn't support it.

The mac patch to be used with MultiPatch is on their download page.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
Thank you very much, Czero90.

Could you help taking another photo of the screen when you abort the data transmission halfway?
I want to see what text shows up in that case.
Thank you.
wub.gif

P.S. In one of my save files, I also used last name MORI.
happy.gif
I just can't think of any good name due to 4-letters limitation, and since I was reading Detective Conan during that time, the name just came up like that. Oh the irony.
laugh.gif
Anyway, here it is.
P5160100.jpg

also, Talk mode is working properly.
P5140085-1.jpg

And yeah, sure enough...
tongue.gif

P5140088-1.jpg

And I'm pretty confident that Talk mode should work for Manaka and Rinko too. Anything else should I test? I had to send the secondary DS back to its owner by the end of the week.
frown.gif

JackoKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Gullwing said:
Why all the versions of Love Plus I find are 524 KB and the patched rom comes as 0KB?

Clean Rom must has file size 256MB or 262144KB

If you found file size that less than 256MB. It may be incompleted rom.

And if you found file size that has more than 256M (around 512MB). You must make sure that file is Love Plus (Not Love Plus+ or Love Plus Plus)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gullwing, yes read JackoKun's reply above.

@JackoKun, thank you.
wub.gif

@Gurukof and @Dgrin, if you could provide the version of flashcart you are using (and firmware if possible), I will keep that as a record and will try to fix the problem (if I can.) Thank you.
wub.gif

@Czero90
Nene with eyeglasses is so cute. I want a pair for her too. XD (Haha, and the reason you used MORI as last name was the same as mine. I named my character MORI RAN and set my birthday in that save file the same as Kudo Shinichi's birthday.
biggrin.gif
)
I'll try to make a patch for you to test within a day or two. I'll PM you the patch file I'd like you to test later. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi