stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I bought a 3dsxl a couple years ago, at a pawn shop. It came with several games and an R4 card.

the R4 card has worked and had some games on it. I dont remember which and much less know how to add them.

However my wife did some update on the 3dsxl and i imagine it threw off the configuration or the kernel version doesn't match up.

I have tried to look for a guide on how to add games on it and more so how to update the kernel but i have not been able to find one.

i have attached SC of the card itself, the icon i get, the error i get, and the current version.

Can someone help me at least get it updated or how i can go about installing the new kernel if available to match the 3ds software version.

I have mostly only installed, rooted, custom roms to Android phones, so I may not be that much of a noob, but not too sure.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops, Here are the attachments

Attachments

• 20171101_131101.jpg
    20171101_131101.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 433
  • 20171101_131032.jpg
    20171101_131032.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 20171101_131042.jpg
    20171101_131042.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 20171101_131714.jpg
    20171101_131714.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 256

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think It to be more simple to just get one of the newer R4 cards and update my ds?
Depends, if you can install ntr on that flashcard, you can hack your 3ds and have it modded to play 3ds games? O:

If you you just want DS games, you can grab another R4 for 10 bucks, or softmod your 3ds, and make your R4 work again.

Reactions: stryfe1986

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends, if you can install ntr on that flashcard, you can hack your 3ds and have it modded to play 3ds games? O:

If you you just want DS games, you can grab another R4 for 10 bucks, or softmod your 3ds, and make your R4 work again.

hmmm, i will have to look into that when i get home. Would i be able to update the 3ds to the newest version and do that?

Would you be able to point me to the right direction (link)?

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I took a look at the guide and as I was reading the guide, my wife decided to update the 11.6 lol

from what i gathered in the guide, unless i have specific tite from the eshop, i would have to go through the flashcard.

However, I am not finding how to properly add the kernel or firmware for the my card.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after many attempts and using different firmware it turns out this card I have is a R4 Gold Pro 2013 version which most consider to be a fake card.

With that being said, I'm now in the market for a new card. I saw that stargate card can even run 3ds games althought its pretty pricey.

I dont really care for 3ds games just yet, I would first like to take a jab at a more affordable one and see if i can figure out the ins and outs of all of this or at least enough to set up and run ds games and emulators.

With that being said would you have any suggestions as to where i could find one? I saw the new 2017 gold is the economic option but i cant seem to find a seller that will ship to the US.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, Now that switch you mention is in the event that i want to get homebrew on it and all those other goodies right? otherwise Its just plug in play?
you will also (likely) need to go to the website listed on the flashcard and find the firmware (likely called wood) and unzip it to your flashcards sd card . . . but other than that you got it

Reactions: stryfe1986

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you looking for a flash card just for DS purpose? i got some R4ISDHC available, working on 11.6.

for right now yes. Im on 11.6 and currently looking to do only DS. I'll start looking into 3DS once i get the hang of this.

I have another 3DS running 6.1 and that "Fake" R4 i have doesnt have a kernel for it. So I am looking at installing boot9strap on that one, But thats a regular old 3ds, the one running 11.6 is my XL where I would rather game on.

do you have a site or how would it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...