Hardware complete nds noob....

sulja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright....so i heard that i could play snes games on a nds, so i went out and bought a new black one, and ordered SuperCard Lite Black & SuperKey Bundle from gamersection.com.... i was on RFD's forums today trying to figure out how to make this stuff work (the SuperCard Lite Black & SuperKey Bundle hasent come yet) i was just looking for some info on if i need an emu, that kind of thing... i read from someone that the new NDS needs a supercard 2 to play? im not sure if any of this makes sense...if anyone can shed some light on if what i bought will work...and how, i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright....so i heard that i could play snes games on a nds, so i went out and bought a new black one, and ordered SuperCard Lite Black & SuperKey Bundle from gamersection.com.... i was on RFD's forums today trying to figure out how to make this stuff work (the SuperCard Lite Black & SuperKey Bundle hasent come yet) i was just looking for some info on if i need an emu, that kind of thing... i read from someone that the new NDS needs a supercard 2 to play? im not sure if any of this makes sense...if anyone can shed some light on if what i bought will work...and how, i would greatly appreciate it

thanks
@ "...supercard 2 to play...":
I think you mean passcard 2 here, but that's all old stuff, the superkey works fine in all versions of DS/DSLite

@emu:
You need either SnesDS or SnezziDS, just check out the readme's of them to see how they work.
smile.gif

sulja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one more question... with the supercard and all that, i dont need to flash the nds do i? and if i dont have to flash it, can i still put apps on it?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need to flash..... thats what the superkey is for.
It simply allows you to run NDS code from the GBA slot, same as flashme does.
Think of it like this -
flashing -> software modding
superkey -> hardware modding
lecture.gif

sulja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now that i have this stuff coming today, and all this new stuff is out, it makes me wonder if what i got is gonna be good enough.... someone who has had this, or does still have this... will this play most games i want? like...snes, gba, nds games? i dont care about movies or music.... i just want the games to run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof