Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds fine to me. :) I have a feeling I toyed with this idea before, but I'll probably take down the "Booting your Tethered Device with iBooty" section for information on the semi-tethered jailbreak.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to clarify, I'm not really "gone". I just won't be updating the guide or writing for it anymore. If I see questions here that I know the answers to, I'll for sure answer.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question: did iFish lose his undying faith for apple? Has he finally been disillusioned by them? And has he heard that Apple are getting sued for trademark infingement of the iPad?
FIND OUT NEXT WEEK, ON GBA TODAY.

Actually, I know he doesn't jailbreak anymore, so he's probably not following the jailbreak news as eagerly, or there might be something else to it.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've added dumping SHSHs with iFaith to the guide for now. I'm still working on the IPSW creation part, but it should be finished within the next hour or so. :)

10:45 PM (EST) UPDATE: Creating an IPSW with iFaith has been added.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: did iFish lose his undying faith for apple? Has he finally been disillusioned by them? And has he heard that Apple are getting sued for trademark infingement of the iPad?
It was mostly since I don't jailbreak anymore. Also, school for me is getting pretty hectic and time sucking. :ha:

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel really stupid. I just deleted my YouTube account without remembering that I had stuff on it for the guide... Sorry guys >.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As I said on Twitter, way to leave with a bang. >_>

I've added "stitching" IPSWs and blobs together in redsn0w to the guide. I've also removed any dead videos that I could find.

Reactions: 1 person

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You could use redsn0w for a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1, but you must manually specify the 5.0 IPSW in redsn0w. (I don't know why I haven't added it to the guide yet.) redsn0w should officially support iOS 5.0.1 soon though.

8:35 PM (EST) UPDATE: I separated the SHSH tools from the "Useful Information" section. Also, pod2g tweeted that he successfully made an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1, so stay tuned for an untethered jailbreak! (Please don't ask for an ETA, though.)

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, those are excellent news Dialexio!

Will stick close to this topic and see what happens in the near future :-)

kiel379

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice guide but could something be added about the 3GS with iOS 5.0.1 and iPad baseband ultra snow fix? I have tried to do it off guides from other sites but they seemed to make things a bit to unclear.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a noob question and I think I understand the answer by reading this but im a bit confused. I have a Jailbroken ipod 4 on firmware 4.2 Now I want to just upgrade it to 4.3 because there are a few apps that don't support my firmware now from what I can tell since apple stopped signing the older firmware im kinda stuck right? If there is a way to upgrade just to 4.3 could you let me know, thanks :D

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
On the main screen in Cydia, does is list a bunch of firmware versions on the top? If so, what's listed? (The firmware versions are in green.) If any of them say 4.3, you can easily use TinyUmbrella's SHSH server to update/restore.

If you wait a little longer, the 5.0/5.0.1 untethered jailbreak should be released.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the main screen in Cydia, does is list a bunch of firmware versions on the top? If so, what's listed? (The firmware versions are in green.) If any of them say 4.3, you can easily use TinyUmbrella's SHSH server to update/restore.

If you wait a little longer, the 5.0/5.0.1 untethered jailbreak should be released.

I see a gree SHSH: iOS 4.3.5. So I'm assuming I can actually upgrade to that then jailbreak it again right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.