Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you could. However, the 4.3.5 jailbreak is tethered; if you wish to upgrade, you might as well go all the way to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbreak that.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I find out if there is a untethered jailbreak yet for 5.0.1. Will it be posted here in this topic or will it be on the first page?

I just want to be able to find out without having to keep asking every 2 or 3 days.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It will be posted here by Dialexio, and it will be entered into the first post, and you'll prolly see a few threads popping up saying "help, how do i use this new untethered jailbreak on my ipad2" etc. As for the front page, I don't know since I didn't see anyone mention the new PS3 jailbreak on it.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Instead of studying for my final in the morning, I'm here to post this. XD

Rest assured, I will let you know in this thread when an untethered jailbreak for 5.0(.1) is available. :)

redsn0w 0.9.9b9 is out. While it does not contain the untethered jailbreak, it now recognizes iOS 5.0.1 and can also create stitched iOS 5.0(.1) IPSWs. It is also capable of stitching iOS 4.3.x IPSWs for the iPad 2 (GSM model).

MuscleNerd also sent out a warning… Do NOT install the iPad baseband on new iPhone 3GS units (anything newer than week 35). It will not work.

I will update the guide ASAP when I return from a project presentation.

mainframe004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide on unlocking 5.0.1, but it seems to not work for me (as well as a lot of other people on the net), even after following the instructions to the letter. I'm on 06.15.00 on a 3GS. Any idea on why it's not working?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
An official 5.0.1 compatibility fix for ultrasn0w should be released later today. (This will not resolve issues with iPhone 3GS units made after 2011 week 35.)

UPDATE: I updated the guide to tell how to detect iPhone 3GS units that can't use the iPad baseband 06.15.00. I also made mention of redsn0w 0.9.9b9d, which fixed the untethered jailbreak in iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) devices.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what is the deal with this old bootrom? i have an iphone 3g and i want to jailbreak it. im kind of scared as i don't know much (mainly an android user). i know im on 5.0.1 so i guess i can only do a tethered jailbreak. which is fine.

please give me some advice, i'm going to try redsn0w it seems.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you have an iPhone 3GS, not an iPhone 3G. (The last firmware for the iPhone 3G was iOS 4.2.1. ;))

The only jailbreak available for iOS 5.0.1 is redsn0w. The jailbreak will be tethered, unless the 3GS in your hands dates back to the summer of 2009 (which is pretty unlikely).

I hope that cleared things up, and happy jailbreaking! :)

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to restore my iphone 3GS, which I put the ipad baseband in it, because I am having problem with the jailbreak. The Cydia icon stays white, even after the just boot.
And when I try to REjailbreak it with cydia and ipad baseband checked , it blocks at a part and says something like this; AppleBCMWLANCore:: handleIOK BusyWar blalblalllabalb.... Error, no successful firmare download after 6000ms!! Giving up

Any ideas?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the lack of response. I was actually a bit stumped by this myself.

There shouldn't be a reason for you to rejailbreak… The icon cache might be the reason Cydia still has a white icon after performing a tethered boot. But aside from that, it should have been perfectly functional.

If it still doesn't work after performing a tethered boot, try performing a DFU restore (without restoring to a backup, if possible).

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope you guys like untethered jailbreaks, because it's out now! :) PwnageTool and redsn0w have been updated, and an untether package (called "Corona") from the Chronic Dev Team is available in Cydia for already-jailbroken devices.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1