Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I partition??? I am using the executable compliled for OS X found on page 7 and this is the cmd I use:
./WFBS -p /dev/disk4s1 init
I do not get any errors but my disk still has my FAT partition... Did I skip any steps?

eddanx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forbore said:
How do I partition??? I am using the executable compliled for OS X found on page 7 and this is the cmd I use:
./WFBS -p /dev/disk4s1 init
I do not get any errors but my disk still has my FAT partition... Did I skip any steps?
Don't know if it's necessary, but according to the Readme, the partition should be unformatted (of UNKNOWN/RAW type)..

edit: And you can try "sudo ./wbfs ..."

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent work. Using it now. It is slower than running a windows one under emulation. BUT - all my iso's are on a Mac partition that windows does not recognise so i was having to copy each one over first before transfer.

Mac all the way.

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone compile the GUI for 10.4 or universal binary, or give me the source code so I can do it? Thanks.

Also, trying to use the command line still: I formated my partition with the init command, and it must have worked because it wiped the two games I had ripped to there on my wii earlier. I ripped another game and came back to my compy to test if it was on there and:

compy:~ psyck0$ /wbfs -p /dev/disk1s3 ls
wbfs empty
compyr:~ psyck0$ /wbfs -p /dev/disk1s3 df
error reading disc: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I tested to see if the game was ACTUALLY there and lo and behold, now the USB loader channel is failing all its rips to my disk. What the hell is going on? I tell it to install the game but it doesn't. Must be something to do with the new format? I was able to rip and play games using USBloader before and now I can't.

Reformat and USBloader is working again.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is great! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

lpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it's working really well thanks! it's just slower than wbfs in windows (with vmware) but now I don't have to lunch it anymore ^^

DaFrigN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tps2d

Thanks for the Universal Binary for CLI...
With that I can at least make an AppleScript applets for 10.4 + PPC

Don't know when I'll get to test it / work on applets due to my wife just having a baby!

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psyck0 said:
Could someone compile the GUI for 10.4

Nope. It specifically uses 10.5 api's and features. It is not source code compatible with 10.4.

QUOTE said:
or universal binary,

It is a Unibin already.

or give me the source code so I can do it? Thanks.

Nope. Can't have that. You can have the sources to the wbfs bin; we made some mods to make the output easier to parse. I'll put this on my server after I wake from my nap.

-d10 Want and Woe.

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
As previously stated loving this work - Can someone explain to me in simple terms what the create homebrew channel does/ how to use it?

I want to make some channels for my sons fav games to make it easy for him to load - and lessen the risk that he will @$£$ up the loader/ drive!

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rwilts said:
As previously stated loving this work - Can someone explain to me in simple terms what the create homebrew channel does/ how to use it?

I want to make some channels for my sons fav games to make it easy for him to load - and lessen the risk that he will @$£$ up the loader/ drive!

It creates a HomeBrew Channel for each of the games on the WBFS Partition, instead of having to load up the usb launcher you should be able to just launch directly from the channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo