Hacking Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
om_nous said:
joda said:
Hope to not step on anyones toes, but here's a feature request: capability to reorder queue. Not a biggie, but it should be quite easy to implement. I've at least once been in a situation where this would have been handy ... and very Mac-ish indeed ...

Not quite as easy as one might think
wink.gif

There are a few 'enhancements' to the queue I would like to make, if I decide to go there
unsure.gif
then I will add the ability to reorder the queue. If you really need to change the order in the current implementation... You could always cancel pending operations and add them back in the order you need
wink.gif

- omi
Yea, I know--that's what I did. =)

With regards to reordering the list, I just assumed it was as easy as reordering a UITableView on the iPhone, i.e. reorder the NSArray of the dataSource and send a reloadData message to the UITableView object ... I haven't really gotten into making anything for Cocoa (-touch) so ...

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
om_nous said:
joda said:
Hope to not step on anyones toes, but here's a feature request: capability to reorder queue. Not a biggie, but it should be quite easy to implement. I've at least once been in a situation where this would have been handy ... and very Mac-ish indeed ...

Not quite as easy as one might think
wink.gif

There are a few 'enhancements' to the queue I would like to make, if I decide to go there
unsure.gif
then I will add the ability to reorder the queue. If you really need to change the order in the current implementation... You could always cancel pending operations and add them back in the order you need
wink.gif

- omi
Yea, I know--that's what I did. =)

With regards to reordering the list, I just assumed it was as easy as reordering a UITableView on the iPhone, i.e. reorder the NSArray of the dataSource and send a reloadData message to the UITableView object ... I haven't really gotten into making anything for Cocoa (-touch) so ...

We are using NSOperationQueue, for every queue item a custom view is placed in the scroll view. To handle re-ordering I will need to add quite a bit, not quite as simple a table view setup unfortunately.

- omi

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
om_nous said:
We are using NSOperationQueue, for every queue item a custom view is placed in the scroll view. To handle re-ordering I will need to add quite a bit, not quite as simple a table view setup unfortunately.

- omi
Thanks for the intel.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tgrokz said:
the apple corporation has already sucked many thousands of dollars from me, and im not paying to upgrade solely to run a wbfs program. everything else i have on my computer runs perfectly on 10.4, so im not giving those assholes (ive had my share of problems with apple) another $150 to upgrade a 5 year old computer to an OS thats really mainly for intel macs.

When your computer reaches 5 years old, expect people to stop supporting you. It's time to upgrade. Apple or not, 5 year old hardware is meant to be donated to help the less fortunate in countries where computers are hard to come by for cheap. Donate your old laptop and get a new one.

QUOTE(Tgrokz @ Apr 15 2009, 03:13 PM) plus, if all of you guys had legal original copies of wii games, you could just copy them directly through the wii's disc dive and wouldnt need a wbfs client to put game images onto your hard drive
wink.gif

Not true at all. I make back-ups of my games via USB Loader, and then store those backups on my larger backup external drive. The drive I'm using for the Wii is only loaded with the games it can hold which I am currently playing.

psinka

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When i try to add, rename or delete somthing i get following error:
jRjE6g1CNh.png

I try other hdd, diffrent usb port and get same errors =(

Only first release wbfsformacosx1967f works for me...
Can anybody help me?

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
psinka said:
When i try to add, rename or delete somthing i get following error:

I try other hdd, diffrent usb port and get same errors =(

Only first release wbfsformacosx1967f works for me...
Can anybody help me?

Do you get a list of the games before you get that error, are you sure it's connecting to your drive when you plug it in?

Before you click "Add ISO" it should look something like this: (even though Add ISO should not be enabled unless the drive is connected)
picture1e26fa.png

If it does not connect to your drive then it is not formatted correctly, I chose not to deal with formatting drives for the simple fact I do not want to be responsible for people formatting the wrong drive and blaming us. (It will can re-format an already formatted wbfs drive)

If you have not done so yet you should plug your drive into the Wii, startup USB Launcher and format the drive... Copy a game to it then plug it into your mac and see what happens then.

Let me know,
- omi

psinka

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
om_nous said:
Do you get a list of the games before you get that error, are you sure it's connecting to your drive when you plug it in?
Yes, i see game list and when i try to do somthing i get these error
QUOTEBefore you click "Add ISO" it should look something like this: (even though Add ISO should not be enabled unless the drive is connected)

If it does not connect to your drive then it is not formatted correctly, I chose not to deal with formatting drives for the simple fact I do not want to be responsible for people formatting the wrong drive and blaming us. (It will can re-format an already formatted wbfs drive)

If you have not done so yet you should plug your drive into the Wii, startup USB Launcher and format the drive... Copy a game to it then plug it into your mac and see what happens then.

Let me know,
- omi
I format drive with USB Launcher 1.3 and copy one game - everything ok... Then i launch WBFS for MacOS X and connect drive - game list appears and i can see my game. Try to add iso and get "drive not connected" message. But if i try to add or delete iso using first build of WBFS for MacOS X - everything is ok but so sloooooow =(((

ohnai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Im getting this weird error with version 1.2 (well it was happening prior aswell) with one of my games (wii play)

for some reason it shows up twice in WBFS on Mac OS X from both adding ISO & backing up original disc)

weird part is it only shows up once in the USB Loader which is expected???

Picture%201.png

Is this a bug?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

ohnai

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add RAR/ZIP support to the Mac WBFS Manager, too (just as this one Linux WBFS tool offers)? Oh and also: could a formatting/partitioning function be added to this? Then it would really be perfect!

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot that PPC macs cant boot from USB drives, so installing leopard was a no go.
so im trying to use the binary console app, but i have no idea how. i formatted my drive to wbfs through the usb loader and i placed the WBFS binary file from the wbfs 1.2 app into my user directory. when i load up terminal, i know to type $wbfs, but i have no idea which command to use to add ISOs. anyone care to help?

EDIT
whenever i try to start any command with ./wbfs (instead of $wbfs), it just says

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _getopt$UNIX2003
Referenced from: /Users/aaron/./wbfs
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _getopt$UNIX2003

Trace/BPT trap

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tgrokz said:
i forgot that PPC macs cant boot from USB drives, so installing leopard was a no go.
That's just not true. See for example http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/25/boot-your-p...rnal-usb-drive/ (GIYF). Thing is though, Intel macs will boot from a disc partitioned with a GUID partition table, whereas PPC macs need Apple Partition Map to boot from. http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...006062714151975

QUOTE(Tgrokz @ Apr 17 2009, 12:14 AM) dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _getopt$UNIX2003

Trace/BPT trap
Sounds very much like trying to run a leopard binary on a tiger system with the wrong libraries. There should be a tiger version of the binary somewhere in the thread.

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm well i tried that boot method many different times and the drive was never recognized during the boot process. i tried many different methods and none seemed to work. its not that big of a deal, really

i was told to use that binary in the WBFS 1.2 app, but ill look for the older one. i figured that would be a problem.

thanks

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tgrokz said:
hm well i tried that boot method many different times and the drive was never recognized during the boot process. i tried many different methods and none seemed to work. its not that big of a deal, really

i was told to use that binary in the WBFS 1.2 app, but ill look for the older one. i figured that would be a problem.

thanks
Repartition the drive in Disk Utility, and make sure you click options and select Apple Partition Map. Then it will be detected when booting and holding option.

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tgrokz said:

thanks

I posted a 10.4 Universal Binary a couple pages ago if you want to use that. It doesn't have the bug fix for deleting games. I'll recompile the updated code tomorrow night for 10.4/UB, unless somebody else does it sooner.

As for booting from USB, not all PPC Macs can do it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.

joshysquashy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tgrokz said:
so im trying to use the binary console app, but i have no idea how. i formatted my drive to wbfs through the usb loader and i placed the WBFS binary file from the wbfs 1.2 app into my user directory. when i load up terminal, i know to type $wbfs, but i have no idea which command to use to add ISOs. anyone care to help?

EDIT
whenever i try to start any command with ./wbfs (instead of $wbfs), it just says

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _getopt$UNIX2003

Trace/BPT trap
Just buy a dual layer disk and burn it. That worked for me.

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my powerbook's superdrive doesnt burn DL dvds. i looked it up a few days ago. pretty lame, if you ask me. also, USB booting in PPC macs didnt really come about until the imacs with the G5 chips and the isight cameras. i got my PB a while before that

and if you could recompile the newest binary for 10.4, that would be so sick. i wish i knew more about how to code/compile so i could just do this shit myself.
thanks again.

joshysquashy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tgrokz said:
my powerbook's superdrive doesnt burn DL dvds. i looked it up a few days ago. pretty lame, if you ask me. also, USB booting in PPC macs didnt really come about until the imacs with the G5 chips and the isight cameras. i got my PB a while before that

and if you could recompile the newest binary for 10.4, that would be so sick. i wish i knew more about how to code/compile so i could just do this shit myself.
thanks again.
Yes, the PPC mac's could boot to Firewire but not USB, so if you have a firewire drive, that could work.

Do you know anyone with an intel mac to burn a dual layer, or have a firewire drive? Otherwise you are running out of options and should by Leopard/a new mac!
tongue.gif

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get the source code from om_nous's release to compile for some reason and I don't have time to mess with it right now, so here's the original source code + delete bug fix + OS X fixes compiled for 10.4/PPC and 10.4/x86 (Universal Binary):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/66tgev

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
tps2d said:
I couldn't get the source code from om_nous's release to compile for some reason and I don't have time to mess with it right now, so here's the original source code + delete bug fix + OS X fixes compiled for 10.4/PPC and 10.4/x86 (Universal Binary):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/66tgev

Is the compiled binary in the link the newest/best WBFS for Mac OS X? Also does anyone have a link for the newest/best WBFS GUI Manager for Mac OS X?

EDIT: Can I just replace the wbfs binary in my current WBFS Manager with the one in the link above?

tps2d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
Is the compiled binary in the link the newest/best WBFS for Mac OS X? Also does anyone have a link for the newest/best WBFS GUI Manager for Mac OS X?

It's really only useful if you're running 10.4. If you have 10.5, download the GUI a page or two back. It has the latest binary already inside if you want to use the command line for some odd reason.

QUOTE(feidhlim1986 @ Apr 18 2009, 03:41 PM) EDIT: Can I just replace the wbfs binary in my current WBFS Manager with the one in the link above?
No! The binary I compiled is from the original source code. The only things I've added are: delete bug fix and the fixes to make it compile on OS X. None of darkten's or om_nous's changes are in there, so their GUI application will not work with that binary. Performance-wise, the binary I posted and the newest GUI should work pretty much the same way. The interface is just different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!