Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tgrokz said:
would it be possible to make a 10.4 build? i dont mean to sound lazy, though. i tried doing it myself, but i have very limited knowledge of building code and using those programs.

Sorry we are using classes that are only available in 10.5, if you use the wbfs binary it should work just fine... If you cannot figure out how to build the binary you can look in the resources folder of WBFS for MacOS X and get the binary from there.

- omi

kernelpanics

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Guys this software works very well! Thanks for making it happen.
I got a tiny issue though. I'm not sure whether it is WBFS related or not but here it is:

I got a backup of Mortal Kombat Armageddon, which I was unable to launch successfully in any way until I found a thread here which said ISO had to be patched to cIOS 249 to work correctly. Which I did. And I was able to play it from a DVD. However, when adding the same ISO file to the hard drive using WBFS software, after launching the console reboots. It's the only game I was unable to play..

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kernelpanics,

Sorry this would be a WBFS issue, we are just wrapping the CLI. If the issue is resolved in WBFS we would be happy to release a new version. Be sure to post here if you find a fix

- omi

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
kernelpanics said:
Guys this software works very well! Thanks for making it happen.
I got a tiny issue though. I'm not sure whether it is WBFS related or not but here it is:

I got a backup of Mortal Kombat Armageddon, which I was unable to launch successfully in any way until I found a thread here which said ISO had to be patched to cIOS 249 to work correctly. Which I did. And I was able to play it from a DVD. However, when adding the same ISO file to the hard drive using WBFS software, after launching the console reboots. It's the only game I was unable to play..
Try and add the original, unpatched, ISO. Hopefully the issue with having to patch the game to use IOS249 have been resolved in either cIOS36_rev8, 9 or 10. Waninkoko have squeezed in small bug fixes here and there ...

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This application is truly useful. Thank you so much for making it a reality! One question though, if it is not of too much of a hassle...

It detects everything that I have ripped, except for Mario Kart Wii. Any solutions?

ohnai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This tool is awesome! not only is it the best WBFS Manager tool but it's the sexiest! Good work guys! Thanks!

apple owns!

hilbert00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dear friends,

I've just installed the WBFS v1.0 (101) that I believe it is the last one (but I could be badly wrong). I've read that it should be possible to rename the iso but I don't know how.

Can you be so kind to give me some hints?

thanks,

hilbert

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hilbert00 said:
dear friends,

I've just installed the WBFS v1.0 (101) that I believe it is the last one (but I could be badly wrong). I've read that it should be possible to rename the iso but I don't know how.

thanks,

hilbert

Sure. Double-click on any title to rename it
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(HUELEN10 @ Apr 15 2009, 04:00 AM) This application is truly useful. Thank you so much for making it a reality! One question though, if it is not of too much of a hassle...

It detects everything that I have ripped, except for Mario Kart Wii. Any solutions?

As I was one of the nerds that stood in line to buy his copy at midnite, I assure you this works just fine
smile.gif
Did you use your original DVD?

d10

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkten said:
As I was one of the nerds that stood in line to buy his copy at midnite, I assure you this works just fine
smile.gif
Did you use your original DVD?

d10
I stood in line at midnight as well, and yes it is my original Launch copy. Such a kick-ass game.

Too bad the app doesn't detect it...

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
Tgrokz said:
would it be possible to make a 10.4 build? i dont mean to sound lazy, though. i tried doing it myself, but i have very limited knowledge of building code and using those programs.

As has been said repeatedly in this thread, a 10.4 version is highly unlikely.

It isn't going to happen. "Backporting" to 10.4 would essentially be a re-write. A painful re-write. It would suck major monkey balls...like big, stank hairy ones.

An Aside:

If you CAN run 10.5 you really ought to be. I know like, 2 years ago or whatever there was a lot of grumbling about how there really wasn't much of a difference worth the upgrade, etc but believe me when I tell you, there is no way this particular app could have been done on 10.4 as fast as it was, nor be able to be fixed as quickly etc. !0.5 adds a lot for *programmers* that you may not see in the UI, but under the hood a great many things work a hell of a lot better
smile.gif

Also, 10.4 is as dead as fried chicken upon the release of 10.6. Believe it. NDA's and such won't let me get into it, but there is enough of a gap between Leopard and Snow Leopard, the chasm that is the leap back to the 10.4 api's just isn't going to happen.

That said, the wbfs cli tool can be built for 10.4.x; you just need to set the proper flags in XCode to turn on renaming, etc.

d10

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
om_nous said:
Tgrokz said:

Sorry we are using classes that are only available in 10.5, if you use the wbfs binary it should work just fine... If you cannot figure out how to build the binary you can look in the resources folder of WBFS for MacOS X and get the binary from there.

- omi

Tgrokz: Here's how you can get the console app from the GUI app
picture2efg.png

Right click and select Show Package Contents and then

contents.png

copy the wbfs console app in the resources folder

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really appreciate the help, but if i have to run the wbfs console app in terminal, i have yet to have any luck doing that. i tried it a bunch of times when it was first released before the gui and it never worked. i really have no experience when it comes to doing things through command lines and what not. sucks for me, i suppose haha

i plan on upgrading to leopard and i have the ISO on my HDD, but i have no way on installing it (cant burn duel layer discs and no external HDD i can format and partition to boot 10.5 from), so i have no idea what ill have to do. eh

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tgrokz said:
i really appreciate the help, but if i have to run the wbfs console app in terminal, i have yet to have any luck doing that. i tried it a bunch of times when it was first released before the gui and it never worked. i really have no experience when it comes to doing things through command lines and what not. sucks for me, i suppose haha

i plan on upgrading to leopard and i have the ISO on my HDD, but i have no way on installing it (cant burn duel layer discs and no external HDD i can format and partition to boot 10.5 from), so i have no idea what ill have to do. eh
Buying it is a good start ... =)

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
Tgrokz said:

Check here, this should help you with your Leopard issue.

- omi

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope to not step on anyones toes, but here's a feature request: capability to reorder queue. Not a biggie, but it should be quite easy to implement. I've at least once been in a situation where this would have been handy ... and very Mac-ish indeed ...

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
om_nous said:
joda said:
Tgrokz said:

Check here, this should help you with your Leopard issue.

- omi
the apple corporation has already sucked many thousands of dollars from me, and im not paying to upgrade solely to run a wbfs program. everything else i have on my computer runs perfectly on 10.4, so im not giving those assholes (ive had my share of problems with apple) another $150 to upgrade a 5 year old computer to an OS thats really mainly for intel macs. plus, if all of you guys had legal original copies of wii games, you could just copy them directly through the wii's disc dive and wouldnt need a wbfs client to put game images onto your hard drive
wink.gif

besides, im getting a small 30 gig external hdd tomorrow, so ill just used that to install it.

if you guys charged for the wbfs program, thats something id buy 100%, as thats a solid useful program made by an independent source.

hilbert00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
darkten said:
hilbert00 said:
dear friends,

thanks,

hilbert

Sure. Double-click on any title to rename it
smile.gif

That easy? I'm so stupid...

thanks a lot for helping...

om_nous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
Hope to not step on anyones toes, but here's a feature request: capability to reorder queue. Not a biggie, but it should be quite easy to implement. I've at least once been in a situation where this would have been handy ... and very Mac-ish indeed ...

Not quite as easy as one might think
wink.gif

There are a few 'enhancements' to the queue I would like to make, if I decide to go there
unsure.gif
then I will add the ability to reorder the queue. If you really need to change the order in the current implementation... You could always cancel pending operations and add them back in the order you need
wink.gif

- omi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0