Hacking Compiling Netslug

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've found multiple threads addressing this, but none have actually reached a conclusion. I've asked help from multiple people to help me compile netslug found here: https://github.com/MrBean35000vr/netslug-wii . It's essentially netplay on a vanilla wii, it's not done yet, and dead, but i want to try it out. Whenever i or anyone else tries to compile it, we get this error:
Capture.PNG

If anyone could try this, or has one already please help me out. Thanks.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bump this after a few days, i got busy and sidetracked. Make -j worked, but now im tried typing "make release" like it says in the readme and i get another error:
Capture.PNG

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"mkdir: command not found"

You may not have the devkitPro Msys bin folder in your path. Try "set PATH=%PATH%;c:\devkitPro\msys\bin"

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears to be abandoned with no releases from the author. Again, this is not something for the Wii.
Sorry if I come off as sounding rude, but it is for the wii... And also what would be the point of making this for dolphin if dolphin netplay has exsisted for years?

Here's a video of the creators using it on real hardware:

Arlis05

Wandering Crystal Chronicler
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well lets hope you get that sorted out and are able to provide us all with a compiled version before the first official public build comes out.

It appears to be abandoned with no releases from the author. Again, this is not something for the Wii.

i can confirm this is indeed for the actual wii hardware and i can confirm this IS still being worked on. i have gotten in contact with MrBean35000vr via youtube last month and he has confirmed this.

Proof? i have it here!

upload_2017-2-5_19-7-25.png

so there you go. This is still being worked on, and trust me, this is by no means faked at all. you can go visit the video here and this conversation WILL be in the comments.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, this is for regular Wii. However, the project is abandoned, and Bean and Chadderz have moved to a different approach that is rendering the Wii's FIFO graphics buffer (this is a lot easier than streaming all the game commands) - they have said that this would be easier to redirect controls to (since one Wii would see 2 controllers and the other Wii would see graphics being streamed over the network).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass