[Compiling issues] help plox

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by lolzvid, Dec 5, 2015.

1. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

Already reinstalled everything present at the devkitPro folder, rebooted (it gave me some very weird memory errors and violation access), and I'm slowly losing my sanity

This started today, yesterday it was absolutely fine with every other project and example (I didn't do any recent changes or alterations in the devkitPro folder contents)

Last edited by lolzvid, Dec 5, 2015
    TLOZmaster likes this.
  2. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Does the same happen if you use msys rather than the Windows cmd prompt?

3. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Just hangs (do absolutely nothing, prompt screen in blank)

I've already reinstalled msys, too (downloaded it from 3 other sources, other than devkitPro's installer), but nothing

There are some logs at the libctru folder, should I upload it here?

EDIT: Programs are starting to crash within minutes on Windows, I really hope that the memory isn't fucked up

Last edited by lolzvid, Dec 5, 2015
    TLOZmaster likes this.
  4. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    I would back up your Hard Drive or what is important on it and reinstall windows. If you have a phone with the space, I would download the win10/8/7/xp iso with that and then copy it over onto a disc or a flash drive and boot it with either of those.

Whoops, I needed to add that I am not entirely sure if this would work, I haven't had a memory problem before.

Last edited by TLOZmaster, Dec 5, 2015
    lolzvid likes this.
  5. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    I'm doing this right now (my external hard drive is finally in use)...

:ohnoes:

6. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    How much space does your ext. hard drive have? If it is low, I would just backup important things cx

But I guess that is a given.

7. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    500GB (~370GB free)

I've restarted my computer again, but now it seems like normal (maybe a problem related to RAM?), but I still can't compile anything.

8. VegaRoXas

VegaRoXas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Reinstalling windows just for compiling something? I would just wait. Maybe someone could help you lol.
    You could use https://c9.io/ to build it online in linux.

lolzvid likes this.
  9. Mariosegafreak

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    msys takes about five minutes to initialize on first run, I suggest you wait...

lolzvid likes this.
  10. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Well, after my computer kept off for some minutes, it now compiles...

...what the heck.

VegaRoXas likes this.
  11. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Definitely sounds like a RAM issue... Maybe the chips are getting too hot on it? I've had RAM issues before and it took me months to track down the problems (mainly because windows worked fine and so did Linux until I tried to do anything memory intensive) trust me when I say memory problems are the most slippery, elusive messed up little bugs in the system you'll have. Now if you're like me and have 2 modules pull one out and see if you have problems and if you do then you know that either the other stick is bad or its something else, then repeat with the other stick (putting the first one back into place ofc) and if issues persist then it isn't the RAM at all or is both sticks

lolzvid likes this.
  12. lolzvid
    OP

lolzvid GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Brazil
    I was doing some RAM repairing/checking with Windows, and it said that everything was fine... Oh well.

13. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    That's the thing, my RAM fully passed an hour long test, go to compile Android and it was segmentation faulting (it was trying to access memory that didn't exist/was malfunctioning) pulled out one of my sticks BAM working fine, put just that bad stick in and issues returned... Yet it still was passing memory tests which I found really weird

lolzvid likes this.
  14. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    Were you using a memory test from your system manufacturer? I have found that these tests are completely useless. I have not used one that was able to find anything unless it had completely failed. At which point you don't really need the test software.

dark_samus3 likes this.
  15. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Nah just the memtest86 in the grub menu

Last edited by dark_samus3, Dec 6, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice