Hacking Compiled Homebrew Apps to become Motion Plus Compatible!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow that's great news DarkMatterCore, I'm most excited about WiiRadio since I always had to manually add shoutcast stations to listen too, it eventually got real annoying so I ended up using WiiMC, but I like WiiRadio for the ability to record music as well as the library of visual goodness it has. Thanks a lot for updating the app, can't wait for a release.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that the ScummVM plugin is out of date... like two releases behind at least as there are some titles I usually play with the Wii that the plugin claims there is no support for.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I noticed that the ScummVM plugin is out of date... like two releases behind at least as there are some titles I usually play with the Wii that the plugin claims there is no support for.
Which plugin are you talking about ? The one in the plugins pack from Wiiflow googlecode ? In this case, yes it's a bit old and not working well.
You can try Scummvm-mod8. It's sync with git from december and has most engines (even some w.i.p ones) compiled in.
Recently, someone has worked on the ScummVM wii port. Test version : http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13357
It has been merged in the official branch. New package will come I guess.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For any emulators that are being revised, I'd like to suggest adding Wii U Pro (RVL-CNT-01-UC) controller support as well. Anyone who owns one would surely rather use it than a Classic controller and they'll probably be more prevalent once SSB is released.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
For any emulators that are being revised, I'd like to suggest adding Wii U Pro (RVL-CNT-01-UC) controller support as well. Anyone who owns one would surely rather use it than a Classic controller and they'll probably be more prevalent once SSB is released.

the libaries do not support that
maybe one day somebody add support

Pepois

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
- Wii2600 : http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii2600-rvl-cnt-01-tr-compatibilty.340291/
- Mame Wii : http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-150-game-limit-on-wii-mame.347097/
- WiiXL : a Wiflow plugin exists and it's similar to Wii2600...
- FCE and VBA-GX : Snes9x-gx cover mod has been updated. The code is similar too. I'm not really interested anymore since Wiiflow can deliver a good gui for emulators now.
A few people tried to update these versions but gave up. I can try to help once again if someone really wants to, but doing all by myself is a tedious task.
- jzintvWii : Perhaps I'll try to compile this one...
- ComixChannel : Apparently one the "ask for source" homebrew. Maybe try to ask him directly ?
Hi Wiimpathy, do you know if there is a Mame Wii plugin for Wiiflow?

Thank you!

Dopy25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead thread much? It's a great idea but where the heck are the ones that have been recompiled? I think a list of compatible apps with links as well as ones that still need to be re compiled would be amazing.

dantheman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I think it would be wise to have this thread so we can all share and have all compiled apps in one place. As you know, many apps are a bit old and haven't been updated for a while and thus are not compatible with the new Wii Motion Plus controller. I think it would be to the interest of many to have them compiled. There are some that are now compatible and some that have been modified or tweaked by users like yourself.

devkitPPC release 25-1 and libogc 1.8.9 is now compatible with the motion Plus controller. So now we need some of your experitse and time to compiled them.

Here's a list of apps that sitll need to be compiled. (I will post some that already have etc/)

1. Wad Manager 1.8 2011
2. WiiRadio 2011
3. MPlayer CE 2011
4. FTPii 2010
5. Dvd Dumper 1.2 2008
6. Wii2600 (Emulator) 2009
7. Mame Wii (Emulator) 2011
8. WiiXL (Emulator) 2009
9. jzintvWii (Intellivision) (Emulator) 2012
10. FCE Ultra 3.2.9 Cover v1(this particular version has all the game images wiiflow style) (Emulator) 2012
11. VBA-GX2.2.5 Cover v3 (also supports game images wiiflow style) (Emulator) 2012
12. WiiSX (Playstation) Emulator 2010
13. QuakeWii (Wii version) 2009
14. ComixChannel 2010
15. Wolfenstein 3D Wii 2010
16. WiiDoom 2010

*I included the dates of the latest version so its clear they were not compiled with the latest devkitPPC release 25-1 and libogc 1.8.9

;)
P.d I think this thread belongs here in the Wii U (vWii) section since now most people that own a Wii U have a Wii Motion Plus controller etc.
Hi! I realize this thread is getting old, but did any of the apps in your list been recompiled by someone?
I'm mostly interrested in Mame Wii, Wii2600 and ColemWii (not mentioned) as they do not support newer wiimotes
Thanks!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: SlimPortable

truelovetat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bump! Seems hard to find much about newer revised homebrew for the Wii now. Glad I found this thread. Anyways I have started playing mame again on the Wii. Thought I would throw it out there that I have a black motionplus built in controller that works fine with mame. But the newer mario theme remote with the built in motionplus does not work at all. After discovering a few of the emulators don't work with these newer remotes I'm on a wild goose chase finding all these updated cores that are working.

Funny thing about how this came up I was chilling with a couple buddys and I said lets play three player battletoads on mame. I was promising them three player. lol and then the red mario remote doesnt work at all so it never happened. lol They were dissappointed and now bug me every day about three player battletoads. I have since got it working....I just use a wireless gamecube controller for player three.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ