Hacking Comparing R4 cards ?

drenco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as i can see the best card to play DS games on the DSi-XL and new 3DS-XL running the latest firmware are these R4 cards unfortunately when i started to look i came across several of them: R4 Gold Pro,Dual Core,3DS RTS,SDHC RTS Lite to name a few so which R4 card is the best one ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supercard DSTWO are by far the best DS flash cart you can ply gba/Snes/gb roms also. Problem is the DSTWO is out of production in preparation for the DSTWO+ a DS/3DS Hybrid cart.

I have owned many R4 over the years and imo they are junk compared to the DSTWO. SuperCard does great job manufacturing these cars, the solder joints look great vs the r4 which tend to have cold solder joints that break over time killing the cart.

If you can find a SuperCard DSTWO for a decent price as they have skyrocketed in price by shady reseller scalpers then get it as its the best dedicated DS flash cart and will most likely stay the best untill one day KrikZZ makes a DS Cart.

drenco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i didn't include the DSTWO as i'd seen the Plus version is out soon, so these R4 cards run Woods firmware wheres the best place to get the latest firmware ?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
The best card is the DSTWO, but it's hard to find now.
The next best card is the r4ids.cn R4i Gold. You can find it for $11.25 here: http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/promo_dsi_r4i_gold_slot-1__www_r4ids_cn__3ds_compatible_wood_rev_d_rts_max_1_piece.html?search_string=r4i gold&search_category_id=0
I bought a couple flashcarts from them in the past, they are safe, and they take PayPal :)
Is this the one that runs wood 1.64? If so that's a great price. I have one and it works great in my n3ds on fw 9.0

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is this the one that runs wood 1.64? If so that's a great price. I have one and it works great in my n3ds on fw 9.0
Yup.
r4ids.cn said:
WOOD R4 V1.64 Released. (2013-11-08)
11.gif

WOOD R4 V1.64 Released,please download for your R4i GOLD card.
Latest Version:V1.64 Updated Date:[Nov.08,2013]
Supports RTS too :)

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Better then the Dual Core r4 cards?
I don't know what those are, but what else can you want from a card apart from drag-n-drop roms, nice interface and total compatibility? If the dual cores are like the DSTWO with the built in cpu designed for cheat and emulators and stuff i'm not interested, All I want from flashcarts is an authentic experience.

I mean I have a GBA for GBA games, a SNES for SNES games etc. I don't like playing 'emulated' games because they are never 100% accurate and when you grew up playing those games the differences are really noticeable.

drenco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thats a result have just managed to pick up a DSTWO boxed etc on another forum for £15 delivered give me a chance to see what its all about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling