Comparing R4 cards ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drenco, Feb 25, 2015.

1. drenco
    OP

drenco Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    As far as i can see the best card to play DS games on the DSi-XL and new 3DS-XL running the latest firmware are these R4 cards unfortunately when i started to look i came across several of them: R4 Gold Pro,Dual Core,3DS RTS,SDHC RTS Lite to name a few so which R4 card is the best one ?

2. Starkgod

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    R4i Gold is your best bet, friend.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  4. mrGREEK360

mrGREEK360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2014
    Canada
    Supercard DSTWO are by far the best DS flash cart you can ply gba/Snes/gb roms also. Problem is the DSTWO is out of production in preparation for the DSTWO+ a DS/3DS Hybrid cart.

I have owned many R4 over the years and imo they are junk compared to the DSTWO. SuperCard does great job manufacturing these cars, the solder joints look great vs the r4 which tend to have cold solder joints that break over time killing the cart.

If you can find a SuperCard DSTWO for a decent price as they have skyrocketed in price by shady reseller scalpers then get it as its the best dedicated DS flash cart and will most likely stay the best untill one day KrikZZ makes a DS Cart.

5. drenco
    OP

drenco Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    Yeah i didn't include the DSTWO as i'd seen the Plus version is out soon, so these R4 cards run Woods firmware wheres the best place to get the latest firmware ?

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    What about the r4 dual core ds flash cards? The ones that say 2014/2015 on them.

7. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 30, 2010
    Is this the one that runs wood 1.64? If so that's a great price. I have one and it works great in my n3ds on fw 9.0

8. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yup.
    Supports RTS too :)

9. apoptygma

Mar 30, 2010
    Cool, yea I highly recommend it then. Best card by far.

10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Better then the Dual Core r4 cards?

11. apoptygma

Mar 30, 2010
    I don't know what those are, but what else can you want from a card apart from drag-n-drop roms, nice interface and total compatibility? If the dual cores are like the DSTWO with the built in cpu designed for cheat and emulators and stuff i'm not interested, All I want from flashcarts is an authentic experience.

I mean I have a GBA for GBA games, a SNES for SNES games etc. I don't like playing 'emulated' games because they are never 100% accurate and when you grew up playing those games the differences are really noticeable.

12. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Way better :)

13. drenco
    OP

drenco Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    Ive ended up ordering a R4i Gold RTS from here http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 as it worked out a bit cheaper £11.19 delivered, seems to have great features and great support which is essential, the RTS feature i always used on my old Supercard One and loved it.

14. drenco
    OP

drenco Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    Well thats a result have just managed to pick up a DSTWO boxed etc on another forum for £15 delivered give me a chance to see what its all about.