Hacking Company says they'll replace my FAKE R4 with one of these

Goodlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an email they sent me. First off let me say buying these types of products are always risky. I know of many people who got the old bait and switch scam, Anyway

"Hi, Thank you for contacting us about your issue with the R4. We can replace the unit with either a Edge card or an AceKard 2 b/c we no longer carry the R4ds b/c there are too many clones on the market and we are afraid to purchase and resell a non supported product. Please let us know which card you would like to exchange your defective card for or we can always fully refund you for the purchase if you you return the defective product back to our company. If you are returning the item back to us please ship it addressed to: Blah Blah Address- Please include a note with your Name, Address, Amazon Order ID Number and brief description on how you would like your return to be handled.

Thank You & Best Wishes,

Digital Gaming USA Trading Inc."

What should I do? Are either of these good. Should I just stick with my R4DS V2 upgrade which I guess is a fake or clone or whatever you call it.?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its 100% fake and sounds like it is if its an UPGRADE then as above get the Acekard2 its got good support and updates and a big user base now
smile.gif

...the edge is pretty much a newbie on the block so in my opinion not something to go for yet!

Goodlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate all the info I am thinking though since the deal is done and its been a few months they may not even send me a new one if I send it back. I think Ill just get a backup from somewhere else. Ill use the fake R4 until Boom goes the Dynamite and SO the question is asked again. Which one I will order this coming wednesday when I get paid So Acekard 2 is in the lead its easy to use, good looking GUI, gives BJ's what else. Ah fuck it ill look at the other posts and reviews by this site. thanks again sweeties

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There have been some hardware problems with some Acekard 2's lately. Acekard has been working to fix the problem, but it's unclear as to whether the latest batches have fewer bad ones. It's also unclear as to whether the store you ordered from will sell you one from one of the bad batches or not.

Mind you, the Acekard 2 is better than the Edge in my opinion, but keep in mind that if you run into a problem (it usually occurs during the first few weeks if it's going to occur) you'll need to return it for a new one. They should be aware of the problem, but you might want to confirm that they'll allow you to exchange it and that there won't be any extra shipping charges if you need to return it.

-Bri

Goodlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well after doing my research all frackin day (Sci-fi Nerd) I think the best bet is the CycloDS. Its expensive which of course means its the best right? Nah but seriously it seems like the best one if not that then maybe ill stick with the Acekard2 or Ill throw my DS away. Im fat and just online ordered a pizza from pizza hut i cant wait..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think