Hacking common for r4 to not be recognized sometimes?

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my r4 today...works great except sometimes instead of booting right to the r4 menu sometimes it just wont be recognized and it'll boot right to the nds standard menu and say there is nothing in slot 1...i'll mess around with the microsd card or just take out the r4 and put it back in and it works...this only happens randomly...does sometimes the r4 not snap in all the way or something? just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my r4.

edit* seems not to be doing it now ::knock on wood:: is it possible the contacts of either the tf slot or the r4 itself just needed to be worked in? idk

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same issue....once in a while (random) I 'enter' the standard nds menu.
I have to eject and insert the R4 cartridge to make it work.....

Not a big problem I guess .... unless it stops working forever :-)

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok cool if im not the only one
smile.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with my M3 Simply (same as R4). My M3 would not get past the loading screen at all. One time the card was not recognized. I ended up having to send it back to Modchipstore.com. Has your R4 stopped at the "Loading..." screen yet?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have the same problem with pretty much every linker: M3, R4, DS-Xtreme, X9, etc etc.

I just remove it and put it back in and it solves the problem.

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i haven't been having any problems with my r4ds
i believe u have to go in your ds settings and and instead of booting the ds in manual mode, switch it to auto mode.
that way the ds reads the ds card automatically and you wont have the problem
does that make any sense?
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem with mine and most people I speak to with one have the same problem. I'll give the above a go tho to see if it stops it tho, thanks.

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happened the 1st time I used my R4 - I thought it was broke. Reseated it and then it worked fine again for weeks and I thought it was a one off. Did the same earlier this week but after another reseat, it's been fine again since. Just one of those things I guess! Poor contacts? (it ain't a real NDS cart after all!)

D

Deleted User

I've had the problem with my Supercard SD, and my R4. But it happens very very rarely. With Supercard SD/Superkey combo, it would load the Gameboy screen. With the R4, it froze once on the Loading screen.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I have had the R4 not recognized ONCE. I have heard of the cart not being recognized but this is usually bad connection points between the cart and the DS and is remedied by removing the R4, (optionally cleaning the connections), and reinserting...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happens to me occasionally.

It's the R4, not the MicroSD.

If it couldn't real the MicroSD, it'd still boot up, but then it'd give an error about not finding the loader file.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Has happened to me before with both my slot-2 carts and original games (even though they were working fine just prior).

It seems to have something to do with turning off and on too fast.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
my ezpass wasn't recognised a few random times in the past. worked straight after a reset though (no fiddling or anything).

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It never happened in my original ds, but the first time I tried it in the dslite it wasn't recognized. ejecting/inserting it again fixed it though, and it's not happened again.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it happened me twice in 2 months with the passcard 3, finally I flashed the ds lite and I forgot about the passcard 3, i hope I won't have any problem with sc ds one, as i got some kingston japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.