Homebrew Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I managed to get the rom loading working, but when i installed the update (moonshell 2.10) and of course put the necessary files in to play roms, it would only play homebrew. I need help, is there anything stopping .nds files from working in the moonshl2 folder? There must be a solution.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
I managed to get the rom loading working, but when i installed the update (moonshell 2.10) and of course put the necessary files in to play roms, it would only play homebrew. I need help, is there anything stopping .nds files from working in the moonshl2 folder? There must be a solution.
Since Moonshell v2.06 - Moonlight (the developer) has 'blocked' the method that both YSMenu and AKAIO loaders use for running commercial ROMS.

If you want to run ROMs from Moonshell you need to use either MS v2.06 or use the 'NDSLink' method made by Xenon++ (just remember to get the LATEST version of NDSLink)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mysterio said:
^Remove the rom site link fast.
xD if you hadn't pointed that out, I think only the people that know prior would know that little detail, since nothing on the link references that fact.

QUOTE(bannockburn1314 @ Feb 15 2010, 11:02 AM) i keep getting told it CAN'T be done
I'm thinking that they are not looking on GBAtemp a ton xD. Anyways, here is what you are looking for: link.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
bannockburn1314 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
do you mean the link i posted mr.mysterio? dont understand why?.If you were talking about another link please ignore this post
He did mean the one you posted. It was removed because linking to rom sites is against the rules.

bannockburn1314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
bannockburn1314 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
do you mean the link i posted mr.mysterio? dont understand why?.If you were talking about another link please ignore this post
He did mean the one you posted. It was removed because linking to rom sites is against the rules.

apologies to everyone at gbatemp for posting that link i didnt know that it was a breach of the rules.It won,t happen again.This is a great site and i will keep it that way by sticking to the rules,once again sorry to everyone here at gbatemp

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be possible that moonshell2 is putting priority with its own loaders before reaching your loader. If that is the case, replacing moonshell2's loaders with your ysmenu loader should clear up the problem (the two extlink files "_hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds" and "_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds").

missfabb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please just compile all the needed files (for dstt/ysmenu/moonshell) into a zip and upload it somewhere? this is all so complicated.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, we can't really hand out ysmenu precompiled and the rest of it is fairly easy to get. Pretty much just go here and grab a copy of moonshell2. Get a copy of ysmenu here, A2h's YSMenu Generator here, and of course the latest DSTT kernel here. Then its fairly simple. Just use A2h's generator to make ysmenu for you (or you could use r4ysauto, though I find A2h's generator to seem much simpler) and move over the generated zip file onto your microsd and unzip its contents. Then just go over to your moonshell2 download and double-click the setup.exe...

Note: If you use the latest version of Moonshell2, you will have to use Xenon++'s bypass to load commercial roms (which is slightly cumbersome), but if you decide that it is to troublesome to use Xenon++'s bypass, you could use Moonshell2.09 instead of 2.10 and use Normmatt's crack found here and Xenon++'s yslaunch.nds (found in his mshl2wrap) since it is recorded to be the fastest ysloader out there at the moment.

missfabb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Well, we can't really hand out ysmenu precompiled and the rest of it is fairly easy to get. Pretty much just go here and grab a copy of moonshell2. Get a copy of ysmenu here, A2h's YSMenu Generator here, and of course the latest DSTT kernel here. Then its fairly simple. Just use A2h's generator to make ysmenu for you (or you could use r4ysauto, though I find A2h's generator to seem much simpler) and move over the generated zip file onto your microsd and unzip its contents. Then just go over to your moonshell2 download and double-click the setup.exe...

Note: If you use the latest version of Moonshell2, you will have to use Xenon++'s bypass to load commercial roms (which is slightly cumbersome), but if you decide that it is to troublesome to use Xenon++'s bypass, you could use Moonshell2.09 instead of 2.10 and use Normmatt's crack found here and Xenon++'s yslaunch.nds (found in his mshl2wrap) since it is recorded to be the fastest ysloader out there at the moment.
i went to the dldi site. which one do i use for dstt?

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...hi. Sorry for being absent from GBAtemp for a really freakin' long time...I had personal issues and things like that to deal with. I want to come back now pls. XD

So. I probably missed out on a lot. I'll still try to read posts from where I left off and also try to update this old guide once more to work with 2.10 Stable. Actually, another reason why I'm back now is because I recently helped a friend out with his R4 (Original). I made an entirely new and working guide for R4 which I'll try integrating into this one. Haven't tested DSTT, and the others...I dunno, since I don't have those cards. ^^;

Anyway, yeah. I'll get myself updated now.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto