jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Technically you don't need to keep the mshl2wrap.ini in the root, just the nds.mshl2wrap.nds because that is the template .nds file used for making the shortcuts (unless you edit the .bat file to use something else like the linktemplate.nds).
So pretty much in the root you will definitely need a folder with your nds files, a template .nds (mshl2wrap or linktemplate), and the .bat file. Atm I think that is all you need (sleep deprivation talking though, so I could have forgotten something).

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have an original R4DS and I've been trying to get ingame soft reset working for about 3 hours now, with no luck. If I launch YSMenu, then launch the game, and hit the reset keys, it resets back to moonshell just fine. But if I use these little wrapper ROMs, the keys do nothing. The default reset line is set to true in my config, so what am I doing wrong?

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that sadly I cannot listen to music because MS2 won't load the audio.

Things I checked/Did:

1.Volume control was 100%
2.DS volume was 100%
3.Renamed moonshell2_altloader.nds into moonshell2_directboot.nds [or w.e it's called]
4.DLDI patched the altloader

Sadly not even the altloader worked.
C.rom loading works and even has audio, it's just when I'm on MS2 and I chose a song it plays it but no audio. I tried it with a video, same result: it plays but no audio.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
PurplePox said:
I cant get it to work on R4DS. If I rename moonshell to _DS_MENU.DAT the R4 gets stuck on the loading screen, and If I try to boot a game from moonshell, it says fatInintError, and when I turn my DS on after that It loads whatever game I tried to boot.

skip part two, keep the normal r4 firmware and just rename mnshl2.nds to default.nds and it will load moonshell on startup without pressing a thing. You can cancel the load by hold B when you turn ds on. This lets you access moonshell and r4 firmware.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Hi would like to add some things for the R4 method (moonshell 2.10+):

1:If you don't want to replace the R4 firmware you can name the moonshl2.nds to default.nds and it will load on startup. (This can be done with any .nds game) To cancel the load, you must hold B on the 'LOADING' screen.

2: You can hide the /nds folder and rename the /mshl2wrap folder once you have ran the .bat file. This just gives you more freedom of choice to name where you want to put your games. But it has to still stay in the root and when you add new games and run the ndslink.bat file, you must rename the folder to mshl2wrap again. So if you named mshl2wrap to 'DS Games' you must rename it to 'mshl2wrap' before running the .bat file. =] sorry for the long explaination please can someone simplify...

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Also i have a problem:

before i did all of this, pokemon soul silver worked fine on my r4 but now that i have done this, i can't load the game because it keeps doing a loop of the blue screen with text.

the game is an english and crash patched (J) version. Does this mean you can't play any patched roms with this new 2.10 method?

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
sorry ignore my last post, it has been resolved
smile.gif

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So correct me if i'm wrong but could I do this on the AR DSi if i have the DLDI that works on it? Also could I install it but not over the AR firmware if i just follow the steps but exclude the first part of part 1 in the r4 guide and part 2 in the r4 guide?

All I want to do is install and run it but not over the AR firmware.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
So correct me if i'm wrong but could I do this on the AR DSi if i have the DLDI that works on it? Also could I install it but not over the AR firmware if i just follow the steps but exclude the first part of part 1 in the r4 guide and part 2 in the r4 guide?

For the most part yeah, although it probably won't have commercial rom loading unless YSMenu works on the AR DSi (I have no idea about the compatibility between the two).

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
andynerd said:

For the most part yeah, although it probably won't have commercial rom loading unless YSMenu works on the AR DSi (I have no idea about the compatibility between the two).

Sounds like a fun challenge on my boring weekend WHAHA
biggrin.gif

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the instructions but moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds says it isn't dldi patched when i did dldi patch it xD any thoughts?

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm can't find the dldi patcher. I also don't understand why it worked but then kind of didn't also would it be a good idea to go through every .nds file and DLDI patch it?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
using regular DLDI patching program I patched all of the .nds files in the root folder. For the moonshl2.nds it is on the language config screen but it won't let me continue after I select english it just stays on the screen. The alt loader gives me a "NDS file version of starting MoonShell2 and files of installed moonshl2 folder are different." Then " please confirm whether to have copied a new meenshl2 folder. It is impossible when arranging it besides the root of the SD card."

Do you want to to post the logbuf.txt?
Well, try taking off and reinstalling moonshell2 and see if one of these works. If none of them work, then I really can't think of anything else that will be able to help you (you could try asking Xenon++ at that point, since he knows more about the inner workings of MS2 than ever hope to know).

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
andynerd said:
using regular DLDI patching program I patched all of the .nds files in the root folder. For the moonshl2.nds it is on the language config screen but it won't let me continue after I select english it just stays on the screen. The alt loader gives me a "NDS file version of starting MoonShell2 and files of installed moonshl2 folder are different." Then " please confirm whether to have copied a new meenshl2 folder. It is impossible when arranging it besides the root of the SD card."

Do you want to to post the logbuf.txt?
Well, try taking off and reinstalling moonshell2 and see if one of these works. If none of them work, then I really can't think of anything else that will be able to help you (you could try asking Xenon++ at that point, since he knows more about the inner workings of MS2 than ever hope to know).
Thanks and sorry i changed my message it seems that it randomly stopped working all together and says that it is all not DLDI patched. I don't know i'm definatly going to reinstall it all. Also would it be a good idea to DLDI patch every .nds file I find?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
Thanks and sorry i changed my message it seems that it randomly stopped working all together and says that it is all not DLDI patched. I don't know i'm definatly going to reinstall it all. Also would it be a good idea to DLDI patch every .nds file I find?
You don't need to patch ALL of the .nds files that you find. At most, you might have to patch the things in the "launch" folder and of course the moonshl2.nds (or directboot or altloader, whichever you use).

andynerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks I will work on it later and get the results back. I hope I can get this working it would be pretty cool and handy for the people with action replays who don't want to order a normal cart from online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...