Homebrew Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu Guide

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When a game boots, is it doing all of the patching YSmenu usually does when booting a game? It doesn't display whether it is patching or not, so yeah.

All it shows is a bar gradually rising from left to right on the touch screen.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hoist20032002 said:
Grrrrr I keep trying and no luck on trying to get this to work for the Supercard One DSi....... *sigh*

hoist20032002 did you try my ripped off guide here?

EDIT: I'll just put the guide here, since it may help others with Supercard DSonei, doubt it thou
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
Downloading the tools

1. Download the latest DSTT firmware, with fake killer disabled preferabbly
2. Download YSMenu here, just Ctrl-F YSmenu since Yasu donesn't like people direct linking his stuff, dunno why though...
3. Download the latest Moonshell here

Setting up for Moonshell goodness!

1. Extract the DSTT firmware to the root of your SD card.
2. Extract Moonshl2.nds to anywhere you want, but the file folder must be at the root.

More Setting up for YSMenu

1. Create a folder called YSMenu on your desktop.
2. Extract the files from the YSMenu archive into the folder you just made.
3. Copy TTMENU.DAT from the root of your card to YSMenu.
4. Run "ttextract.exe" they should make two files "ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat".
5. Put these into the root of you SD card.
6. Create a YSMenu folder into the root of the SD card.
7. Put your YSMenu.nds into it and the .ini file into it.

There that should be it!

-----------------------------------------------------NOTE-----------------------------------------------------

This was pretty much ripped from Blackiris's guide which can be found here! I only put together this guide! Now to try to autoboot this thing
tongue.gif

W3r3W0lF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vampirex said:
dragon ninja said:
Does this work for the M3 Simply?

Why would you want to use moonshell 2 on M3? when u can use Sakura... Sakura is a firmware replacement, as Moonshell 2 is a homebrew loader that is hacked to run roms.
i dont know but isnt sakura only für the m3real an m3 real sakura. i´ve never something about a sakura fw for the m3simply. only about a hacked version which isn able to run commercial roms

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!!! I got it working as left button is r4 firmware. The middle is moonshell 2 + ysmenu. Right is slot 2. This was on my R4. Just r4 not a old real one...i think.

Only 2 problems i see.
1. The Exit moonshell option is actually load last game.
2. To get gba games to save I have to load GBA Exploader then the game. The save disappears as soon as I switch to another game if i load straight from moonshell.

and one more good thing is the Nintendo DS Browser rom is auto-patched just like on normal ysmenu.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W3r3W0lF said:
Vampirex said:
dragon ninja said:
Does this work for the M3 Simply?

Why would you want to use moonshell 2 on M3? when u can use Sakura... Sakura is a firmware replacement, as Moonshell 2 is a homebrew loader that is hacked to run roms.
i dont know but isnt sakura only für the m3real an m3 real sakura. i´ve never something about a sakura fw for the m3simply. only about a hacked version which isn able to run commercial roms

I didn't Know that M3 Simply was different. Ppl are saying that its a R4 Clone, so maybe you can use Ysmenu. Try it out

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rahxen said:
Anyone tested this combo it on a 4GB SDHC MicroSD card? I'm looking to buy one but I need to be sure. Thanks
biggrin.gif
I think it depends on your flashcard - IIRC some flashcards don't accept SDHC cards while others do

What card are you going to use th SDHC card on ??

I CAN tell you that I'm using this combo on a DSTTi + DSi + 8Gb SDHC Sandisk microSd card & it workds fine

Quick Smash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up trying the R4 clone (R4 SDHC) guide again, I never get a default.nds no matter how many times I try from step 1...
Could someone just upload a finshed version for me?
wacko.gif

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
CannonFoddr said:
rahxen said:
Anyone tested this combo it on a 4GB SDHC MicroSD card? I'm looking to buy one but I need to be sure. Thanks
biggrin.gif
I think it depends on your flashcard - IIRC some flashcards don't accept SDHC cards while others do

What card are you going to use th SDHC card on ??

I CAN tell you that I'm using this combo on a DSTTi + DSi + 8Gb SDHC Sandisk microSd card & it workds fine

I have a DSTT on a DS Lite. I am planning to buy a Kingston one

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rahxen said:
CannonFoddr said:
rahxen said:
biggrin.gif

What card are you going to use the SDHC card on ??

I have a DSTT on a DS Lite. I am planning to buy a Kingston one
I can't see why not - since the DSTT QUOTE
"100% SDHC TF and standard TF compatibility up to 4TB(4096GB) flash memory card."
It should accept any SDHC - & since Kingston is a 'good make' there shouldn't be any problems

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@krnxmatt7
Oh, nice, I'll add that in the Running YSMenu Manually section soon. Thanks yet again!

@Keeley
According to the thread you originally posted in, this one has to be run manually? Even though the thread's about running commercial ROM backups, all guides currently posted have it automatically booting, like the replacement firmware we're using it to be ^^; Are you sure there isn't a way to make it autoboot?
unsure.gif

Also, I checked another link you posted, leading to em2241992's "Moonshell 2 Firmware on Supercard Ds One(SDHC)" download. This user actually posted this some time ago in this same thread, but when I asked for confirmation from other users if it works, no one really posted anything...
huh.gif

I won't add your steps just yet, since I need to know if it can autoboot or not. And if em2241992's download works. If it's really not possible, then I'll just add it with a note that it has to be started manually. But anyway, thanks for your contributions and I hope a perfect method will come out soon.
smile.gif

@Quick Smash
Please check Page 15, as there was one method for an R4 clone that wasn't confirmed by anyone else if it worked or not. If it does, I'll probably be replacing the R4 Clones guide to keep everything updated.

Blackiris

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@smitty96
Then again, it's the first time a question like that was raised ^^; I can't help you there, but you can either find out how on your own (if you get it to work, post how you did it here and I'll make it part of the guide) or wait for someone to pass by who does know how o_o

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ BlackIris...I tried to do Keeleys method of YSMenu and MoonShell as an alternative to the SuperCard One Dsi's firmware...I try to manually boot it up but nothing happens. Do you think that either yourself or some of your colleagues could try to figure out a solution for this predicament?

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@Blackiris

Sorry I never posted for a long time to answer your questions, ( to busy playing games lol ) but anyways yeah sadly you have to manually boot it since Bliss's Triple Loader doesn't work on the Supercard Dsonei, but I'm still trying other ways to autoboot it, and I saw 'em2241992' way I think and I'm pretty sure it doens't work since it uses Bliss's Loader, hope that helps!

@hoist20032002

Are sure you followed my instructions correctly? Since it works for me haha, can you post your steps that you did? I'm going to look at my instructions again maybe it was MY fault, proabbly missed an instruction knowing me
unsure.gif

Edit: Here your root of your SD card should look something like this, hope this helps

Picture1.jpg

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Keeley bro....not tryin to sound like a douchebag or anything but yes i followed your instructions to the T....I done it bout 6 -7 times and it still will not load....I might have to keep doing "Trial and Error"
tongue.gif
......As I look at the screen shot....I notice that you might have missed a step or two but I could be wrong.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nah you don't sound like a douchebag, i'm the douchebag for not making the instructions clear lol, hmm after supper I'm going to look over the instructions again

@Blackiris Don't put my guide up just yet, I'm gonna make a new one thats 110% correct, I'll probably be done 12:00PM my time!

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SuperCard DSonei - Autobooting Moonshell2 as Alternate Firmware

Downloading the Tools - ( Back up your SD card before starting this )

YSMenu - Click here
Moonshell2 - Click here
TTIO.DLDI - Click here
DIDL Tool - Click here
YSLoader - Click here
TTMenu - Click here
MSFORSC by JMR - Click here

Note: For YSMenu and TTIO.DLDI you have to Ctrl-F them since Yasu doesn't like direct linking to his stuff.

MSFORSC.NDS - ( I think if you don't use this you will get "No English Ver. Please turn off NDS" )

Use the MSFORSC.NDS you downloaded and put it to the root of your SD card.
Extract TTMenu folder and TTMENU.DAT to the root of your SD card.

Setting up YSMenu - ( Remember to delete the TTMENU.DAT from the SD card after these steps )

Create a folder called YSMenu in your desktop and extract YSMenu there.
Put TTMENU.DAT into that folder*** you just made and run "ttextract.exe" and should make "ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat"
Put those two files into the root of your SD card
Create a folder called YSMenu in your SD card and drag "YSMenu.nds" "YSMenu.ini" "ttdldi.dat" "ttpatch.dat" into this folder.

***Note: You can now delete TTMENU.DAT from your SD card if you didn't already.

Setting up Moonshell2 - ( If you didn't delete the TTMENU.DAT from before know you will know why )

Extract Moonshell and put the "mooshl2 folder" in the root of you SD card.
Extract YSLoader and put "nds.YSloaderForMS2.nds" and "config.ini" in /moonshl2/extlink.
Rename "moonshell_DirectBoot.nds" to TTMENU.DAT and DLDI it with TTIO.DIDL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Some CRTs are very much worth the price