Commander K. Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Oct 22, 2010.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I'm trying to get Commander K. Wii, the homebrew Commander Keen launcher, to work. I set it up exactly as said in the readme, putting all the .CK* files in the same folder as the .dol, and every time I pick an episode it just goes back to the title screen. Is this set up wrong, has it ever worked, or should I just do a different way?

Also, what's a good way to play Keen Dreams and Keen Episodes 4-6? DosBox Wii?

2. codiak

codiak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    Never tried it, but its Release is rather old. Do you use an SD or SDHC Card?

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    8Gb SDHC

4. codiak

codiak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    According to wiibrew its only sd compatible

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I think I have an old small card lying around. I'll try it out and let you know my results.

EDIT: I'm getting the same results on a 1Gb Wii SD. So I guess I need to try a non-Wii card?

6. MarcusRaven
    OP

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Okay, I'm getting the same results on all of my SDs. I guess this just doesn't work anymore. >.

7. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    My cousin gave me all of the commander keens and can't get them to work on the HB game. which sucks I loved those fun platormers!