Hacking comex's brawl haxx

iliac97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this exploit is a Stack SMASH?

On a more serious note, wow, this'll be the exploit that basically is the end of all exploits aka an unpatchable exploit

kristymb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woohool.gif

i am soooo excited. I just bought Brawl this past weekend.
danceg.gif
I can't wait for this release.
bowline.gif
You are definitely Awesome

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, to get my impressions on it.. Ocarina/Gecko OS staff developer speaking here (and many people say I would have developed Ocarina alone - let me just assure you I did not)..

From a theoretical viewpoint this can be even patched by Nintendo.. however, I agree it's VERY hard.. to make it short: Brawl uses IOS36.. IOS36 is real time surveilling Brawl.. they could release an IOS36 upgrade which overviews Brawl and could stop the stack smash. Indeed even Gecko Cheat codes could probably make this exploit unusable.

However, this would add a new level of competition even for Nintendo.. it's more likely they destroy all entry methods of installing homebrew on the Wii. We could then still run homebrew directly using the exploit.

So well.. it's not unpatchable.. but seriously much harder than before!

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised so many people don't have Brawl.
Had mine since March 9th 08 midnight (stood in a line all the way outside the store)
Isn't it at between 8 and 9 million sold now?
That's up there with Mario Kart Wii and Halo 3 (together I think they are the top three sold games this gen, not including stuff like Wii Sports and Wii Fit)

Don't know if I'll own a next gen console but if PS3 is any evidence this gen, it's going to be extra hard next gen.
So I guess we better enjoy it while it lasts.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
as long as the wii can read it, doesnt matter wheter you are a pirate or a rich person

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
as long as the wii can read it, doesnt matter wheter you are a pirate or a rich person
It's like the twilight hack in this respect, assuming you are only going to run it on a non-softmodded wii you either need a real copy or a modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.